Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Installing Armbian SD --> eMMc boots frpm eMMc [soLved]

Featured Replies

Armbian Bookworm 25.8.1. (minimal)
Odroid XU4 with 32GB eMMc

 

After lots of searching and trying 2017 Hardkernel solutions and github etc - And this forum suggestions - I could never get get it to boot. I think this is partly because things have changed since 2016/17.

 

I did not have my eMMc on an usb adapter. Just installed, brand new (untouched from China) eMMc and a imaage  install on MicroSD of Armbian.

 

The method  I believed should work was "armbian-install".  But, it had errors while using mkpartimage.
I put debug statements in the script and found the particular instance of invoking mkpartimage.
Actually the issue is; 2 files are missing from /boot folder.

Current SD installation image of Armbian minimal only creates one fdisk (MBR) partition on which /boot is a folder.
I tried for ages to create a separate /boot partition. Maybe, since I have now succeeded with an eMMc install, I might try doing a separate root and boot.

The 2 missing files are 
armbianEnv.txt and boot.cmd

 

If one "touch"es armbianEnv.txt then - if it doesn't exist it will be created -  if it does then no harm done. 

If one copies boot.ini to boot.cmd then these two things will satisfy armbian-install.

 

Amrbian-install correctly changes the R/O of mmcblkXboot1 (where X is emmc device number) write the boot stuff and markit back R/O.

It also ensures that armbianEnv.txt has got correct entries in it.

In summary

  1. Install eMMc and Micro SD in XU4
  2. Ensure SD/eMMc switch set to SD and boot armbian from SD
  3. Login as root or use sudo
  4. touch /boot/armbianEnv.txt
    cp /boot/boot.ini  /boot/boot.cmd
    armbian-install
  5. choose the install and boot from eMMc option
  6. shutdown
  7. change switch to boot armbian from eMMc
  8. boot

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.