Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi 5 Plus TPM2.0 Overlay

Featured Replies

Hello,

I've been using https://joshua-riek.github.io/ubuntu-rockchip-download/boards/orangepi-5-plus.html with a custom kernel that I built to activate my TPM2.0 device and it works.

Now I'm asked to use an UEFI compatible image with my Orange Pi 5 Plus. So what I did is more or less the same thing that in here 

 

But instead of the legacy kernel I used the 6.1.115-rockchip-vendor-rk35xx kernel and my device booted, I got an HDMI output, etc. And then I updated it to my custom kernel (6.1.0-1027-rockchip) that has the necessary configurations to allow TPM over SPI.

 

Capturedcran2025-11-14143018.thumb.png.3db2cf548e2e6bf6d065a399f8e00609.png

 

Now I'm trying to activate my TPM2.0 as I did before. To do that I added my compiled *.dtbo (rk3588-spi0-tpm-cs1.dtbo) to /boot/dtb/rockchip/overlay and activated it with armbian-config.

After reboot this is my  /boot/armbianEnv.txt

 

orangepi@uefi-arm64:~$ cat /boot/armbianEnv.txt
verbosity=1
bootlogo=true
console=both
extraargs=cma=256M
overlay_prefix=rk3588
fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588-orangepi-5-plus.dtb
rootdev=UUID=3e555b58-fdf4-4e2f-a3af-a8ecfd8034b6
rootfstype=ext4
overlays=spi0-tpm-cs1
param_spidev_spi_bus=0

 

However I still can't see my tpm under /dev/. 

 

I don't know what I'm missing, I'm quite new to this sorry :D

 

Thank you for your time :) 

 

 

Solved by cofrandp

Did you also install the dtb that belongs to that kernel version?
You could check if the dtbo is compatible with your dtb with:
fdtoverlay -v -i /boot/dtb/current.dtb -o /tmp/test.dtb your-overlay.dtbo

 

It would be better to compile the dts with armbian-add-overlay your-overlay.dts so it will automatically install it to /boot/overlay-user and added to your armbianEnv.txt. In this way it also won't get overwritten when you update the dtb. And of course like Werner said, check the debug serial console, you'll see much more detailed information.

And check if the symlinks are correctly linked to your kernel version.
ls -l /boot

  • Author

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I decided to recompile the whole image with the correct configuration to be sure I did not mess up anything when updating my kernel (following this https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/54c896e0298a441338cd7d29f312ca590304f120 , using BRANCH=vendor RELEASE=noble) 

I was able to get the boot logs (see attached file). It seems since I'm using UEFI it completely bypasses the U-Boot applying the overlays ( i can see EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table inside the logs but no Applying device tree overlay...) .

I'll try to recompile the image while integrating my overlay directly into it to see if it works.

 

boot.logs

  • Author
  • Solution

So I rebuilt the image, applied a patch to integrate the tpm into the dts during the build and it works. I still need to figure out how to make overlays work with GRUB in case we need them.

Thank you for your support :D 

Capture d'écran 2025-11-19 120407.png

Edited by cofrandp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.