Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The NFS client is not functioning.

Featured Replies

Hello people! 
I have a NAS on my local network. I want to use its NFS share in Armbian

Just like I do with the Debian x86 desktop. (I want to say that the NAS is configured correctly).

 

Скрытый текст

.

   /_\  _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _
  / _ \| '_| '  \| '_ \ / _` | ' \
 /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_|

 v25.8.1 for RK3318 Box running Armbian Linux 6.12.42-current-rockchip64

 Packages:     Debian stable (bookworm), possible distro upgrade (trixie)

.

 

However, I had some problems with armbian. I followed the general NFS instructions for debian. but it didn't work. 

 I followed the instructions for armbian.

 

I created a directory for the mount point. I copied the fstab line from my desktop, where it is known to be correct and working properly.

 

192.168.xx.x:/d8/d8    /mnt/d8-nas    nfs    relatime,nfsvers=3    0    0

 

I've tried issuing commands from the command line.

 

mount -vvvvv -t nfs -o vers=3 192.168.xx.x:/d8/d8 /mnt/d8-nas
mount -vvvvv -t nfs -o vers=4 192.168.xx.x:/d8/d8 /mnt/d8-nas

 

The result is nothing.
 

Скрытый текст

 

Sat Nov 22 19:56:03 root@rk3318-box>mount -vvvvv -a
/                        : ignored
/tmp                     : already mounted
mount.nfs: timeout set for Sat Nov 22 20:02:15 2025
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'nfsvers=3,addr=192.168.xx.x'
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.xx.x prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=17
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.xx.x prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 36831
mount.nfs: mount(2): No such device
mount.nfs: No such device
Status: 32

 

What a mystery  "No such device"?


 I have another rockchip 3228 box with an older armbian 23.11 kernel, and nfs doesn't work there either. And I tried some different builds of 24.5 24.11 25.5. I couldn't get the nfs client to work on any of them.

 

Can you tell me how to solve this quest?

  • Author
8 часов назад, Michael Robinson сказал:

you can try:

sudo systemctl status rpcbind

 

RPCbind  enabled and running.

 

Скрытый текст


Sun Nov 23 13:56:20 root@rk3318-box>systemctl status rpcbind
● rpcbind.service - RPC bind portmap service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rpcbind.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sat 2025-11-22 20:24:50 MSK; 17h ago
TriggeredBy: ● rpcbind.socket
       Docs: man:rpcbind(8)
   Main PID: 336 (rpcbind)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 2187)
     Memory: 2.9M
        CPU: 263ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/rpcbind.service
             └─336 /sbin/rpcbind -f -w

Nov 22 20:24:50 rk3318-box systemd[1]: Starting rpcbind.service - RPC bind portmap service...
Nov 22 20:24:50 rk3318-box systemd[1]: Started rpcbind.service - RPC bind portmap service.
  
Sun Nov 23 13:56:25 root@rk3318-box>mount -vvvvv -t nfs -o vers=3 192.168.xx.x:/d8/d8 /mnt/d8-nas
mount.nfs: timeout set for Sun Nov 23 14:02:14 2025
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=3,addr=192.168.xx.x'
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.xx.x prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=17
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.xx.x prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 36831
mount.nfs: mount(2): No such device
mount.nfs: No such device
Status: 32

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.