Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot run sway with hardware acceleration after compiling the latest mesa.

Featured Replies

As title says.

Here's the bash script I use to download the dependencies and compile the latest mesa: https://pastebin.com/1n7Sv0dZ

How /boot/*Env* looks like right now: https://pastebin.com/mUqHs14Y

 

And the error message I get when I try to run sway goes as follows:

 

MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev

libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen

[wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "DRI2: failed to create screen"

MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev

libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen

[wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "DRI2: failed to create screen"

[wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "DRI2: failed to load driver"

[wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "eglInitialize"

[wlr] [render/egl.c:268] Failed to initialize EGL

[wlr] [render/egl.c:571] Failed to initialize EGL context

[wlr] [render/gles2/renderer.c:499] Could not initialize EGL

[wlr] [render/wlr_renderer.c:272] Could not initialize renderer

[sway/server.c:236] Failed to create renderer

 

Oddly enough, "eglinfo -B" shows that everything is fine: https://pastebin.com/6k05DcAS

 

How my .bashrc looks like right now: https://pastebin.com/3W7Qib6U

 

I've tried copying the firmware in (with "cd /lib/firmware
sudo wget https://github.com/JeffyCN/mirrors/raw/libmali/firmware/g610/mali_csffw.bin
sudo chmod 644 mali_csffw.bin"), forcing "card0" to be used with the env. value WLR_DRM_DEVICES=/dev/dri/card0, and panfrost with "MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=panfrost" and "GALLIUM_DRIVER=panfrost" but none of those options helped. I also added my user to "render" and "video" (with sudo usermod -aG video $USER and sudo usermod -aG render $USER), which also didn't do me any good. I also manually removed any trace of panfrost that was left into the system and reinstalled with "libgl1-mesa-dri" and manually compiling everything in again...and it also didn't worked. I don't know what else I should do, and I'm in the verge of reinstalling everything back in. Please help me. And thanks for reading.

  • Werner changed the title to Cannot run sway with hardware acceleration after compiling the latest mesa.

I had encountered the same problem.Official images' driver were too old and customized.That means you can't change the DE easily.Have a try on Armbian Edge(mainline panthor instead) or build an Orange Pi OS by yourself.Github link.

Which kernel, debian, mesa and sway versions are running normally when you run a stock Armbian?

 

Which new versions have you observed working together? (even if it's not ARM).

 

If they are too different, they may not work together due to library functions expecting other parameters.

 

You can try it with Ubuntu Noble, which has newer packages than Debian Trixie (build Armbian by yourself).

Edited by robertoj

Does sway eat a lot of RAM? Can it be used fine in a 640x480 display?

 

I've been staying with my labwc setup, because it's known to be minimalistic. Orange Pi Zero3 and Raspberries with 1GB RAM can run it fluidly.

Edited by robertoj

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.