Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

robertoj

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by robertoj

  1. I also have an orange pi zero 3 which was fried due to 12V applied to the GPIO +5V pin (forgot to turn a potentiometer to lower the voltage). What is the ED1? Is it a fuse or similar? Is there an equivalent for the GPIO 5V?
  2. Thank you Jacob I hope to get a orange pi zero 3w in the near future, for NPU tasks (face and pose detection)
  3. I am glad that someone else is also using that LCD driver. In the Raspberry community, it is also the favorite driver for LCDs, since it is universal and works well with Wayland. There are several threads here, in the Raspberry forum and the notro repository: https://github.com/notro/panel-mipi-dbi/discussions The signal inversion seems to be a deliberate change from linux 5.x to linux 6.x. This panel-mipi-dbi can also be used with bigger SPI LCDs, but you need to upgrade to 6.x (cant remember which) to use the big and cheap ILI9486, ILI9488, and even accelerated video is possible. I have seen the Orange Pi 4 Pro being mentioned. Is it similar enough to the Radxa A7* to use the same DTS? Is the Oranpe Pi Zero 3w also similar enough? (it has the same form factor as the Radxa A7z and same A733). Jacob, you should understand everything that Claude produces for you. Keep track of what it's changing in the EDK code. Make a diff patch from the unchanged code, and the code you are compiling. All the differences need to be sanity-checked by regular users, and rationalized by experts. And share a link to the starting original EDK.
  4. I think it has some similarity with Radxa Cubie
  5. Which Linux version are you using? Did you use the CMA=256M kernel argument? There's a lot of information here.
  6. More likely: friendlyelec is maintaining a separate patch (source code additions to the official ffmpeg), that allows it to do it. The code should be available in the friendlyelec github, to be shared with the public. "No v4l2request"... that means that they implemented another protocol and/or another kernel module to work with the video decoder.
  7. Thank you for the information mmgen, One thing you missed is the ffmpeg compilation information. Run: $ ffmpeg It will print out the ffmpeg version and all the libraries that were enabled, and all the libav* libraries it has compiled along with ffmpeg (libav* are parts of the ffmpeg project). The interesting information is whether it uses the "v4l2-request" library, which lets ffmpeg control a part of the kernel that controls the hardware decoder. When you run mpv -v yourvideo.mp4 you could also see v4l2request, or some other message about the hardware acceleration (at this point I doubt that v4l2request is used, because it works better in newer kernels)
  8. If you are using the friendlyelec image, can you really say "mpv is vanilla from Debian"? I am really asking, because I haven't used friendlyelec in a long time, and I don't remember if they have their own DEB repository. Can you identify the ffmpeg version and compilation options? Same with mpv. Run $ ffmpeg with no options, and it will print out the version and the libraries that were activated. $ apt list ffmpeg $ apt list mpv $ mpv --version $ cat /etc/issue $ uname -a I do remember that friendlyelec has some extra video abilities, because they maintain their own patches with bleeding edge code, while the official ffmpeg and mpv maintainers are still checking whether to accept the pull requests. Is it even possible to run "armbianmonitor -u" in friendlyelec? Do you see "v4l2-request" or "va-api" (or "vaapi") anywhere in the mpv log? is your gnome desktop running under X11 or Wayland? (last time I used friendlyelec with Kodi, the graphic server was gbm, and there was no desktop, only Kodi). If you run $ mpv --vo=gpu -v my.mp4 , mpv will print a more verbose log, with more details of how its running.
  9. Can you give more details about the limitations of this NPU? I thought that they would be using shared system RAM. because all models are multiple megabytes, Can you comment about the ability to convert any model to your desired NPU target with "AI model conversion" https://tinycomputers.io/posts/rockchip-rk3588-npu-benchmarks.html (search for "Conversion Performance (x86_64)") Maybe its possible to run LCM-Lora in an armbian device, if it has 16GB. It is already running in a 16GB laptop without NPU or GPU. https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=398225&sid=2b66e2cebe37506dd74215ead3dd264c I am thinking about buying an Orange PI zero 3W (allwinner NPU), but if you have troubles with a 6 TOPs NPU, I will have more troubles with a 2 TOPs NPU
  10. Refer to the experiences here: I think someone wrote that the mainline kernel has NPU support. Is this NPU going to load only models that are in the Rockchip model repository?
  11. Great job I don't have time to replicate this, but I would like to see more photos, screenshots, and what you can do with so many SDRs It's perfect to use an older kernel, if you don't need anything from a newer Linux (for example more stable Wifi, and resistive LCDs with Wayland)... In your writeup, you could have included the dmesg or journalctl messages, just prior to the crash. Sometimes, there's a confict between a new or changed kernel module and the module you want to use, and it causes crashes, or not being able to start Linux. Then you deactivate the module that gives you the problem. Which services were disabled with sudo systemctl mask systemd-networkd-wait-online ? It sounds like you never want to start a network service automatically on boot. I hope that the SoapySDR developers can fix the root issue, so that you don't need to lock a library .SO like that I made a thread showing how to control GPIO with Python gpiod https://forum.armbian.com/topic/33800-orange-pi-zero-3-gpio/#findComment-181191 Instead of using Opi.GPIO, which relies of sysfs (deprecated, and you can't use it in newer Linux)
  12. I had no idea that there's an OpiZ3W Just in case, it is nothing at all like the Orange Pi Zero 3, which has a lot in common with the OpiZ2W. Yeely: what are your first impressions about this board? Are there demos for the NPU? Are the video encoders and decoders working with the Orange Pi Linux OS? Bring up verifiable (open source) examples of AI generated code, making an improved program.
  13. The orange pi zero 2w is configured to only start u-boot from the microSD in the built-in microSD. You would have to: * recompile that uboot to load the initramfs and the kernel from your alternative storage (did you really mean HDD? which connector would you use?) or * load initramfs and kernel from the typical microsd /boot partition, but configure the kernel argument line to accept the HDD as the rootfs (make sure that the initramfs contains the kernel modules, and the hdd name is in the /etc/fstab file) or https://jamesachambers.com/orange-pi-zero-2-usb-ssd-boot-guide/
  14. Does sway eat a lot of RAM? Can it be used fine in a 640x480 display? I've been staying with my labwc setup, because it's known to be minimalistic. Orange Pi Zero3 and Raspberries with 1GB RAM can run it fluidly.
  15. Which kernel, debian, mesa and sway versions are running normally when you run a stock Armbian? Which new versions have you observed working together? (even if it's not ARM). If they are too different, they may not work together due to library functions expecting other parameters. You can try it with Ubuntu Noble, which has newer packages than Debian Trixie (build Armbian by yourself).
  16. I am glad that it's possible to use a different ffmpeg version than what the distribution expects. (it gives me hope of installing it in Trixie, instead of changing over to the newest Ubuntu) Did you install the locally compiled ffmpeg at OS level, or did you keep it in a folder within your /home/username/...?
  17. Usual User, the information you linked about Linux 6.19 seems like there's progress for Rockchip. However, is there any indication that Allwinner H618 could get H265/HEVC decoding acceleration working too?
  18. Thank you for being specific about the RKxxx+6.19+Noble information As I asked in the other thread, please also specify which ffpmeg and mpv sources you used. I hope I can make it work in opiz3 (H618) in a more recent Debian (I only could make it work in Bookworm). Do you see any difference in 8bit vs 10bit HEVC(H265)?
  19. For context, he is talking about: https://code.ffmpeg.org/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/pulls/20847 There are many ffpmpeg options. Which ffmpeg did you use? https://code.ffmpeg.org/Kwiboo/FFmpeg/src/branch/v4l2request-v3 https://code.ffmpeg.org/Kwiboo/FFmpeg/src/branch/v4l2-request-n8.1 And which debian/ubuntu version did you use? Which ffmpeg is included in that distribution?
  20. Maybe this comment and thread have a hint for you https://forum.armbian.com/topic/47971-driving-the-ili9488-lcd-40-inch-cheap-chinese-clone/#findComment-229274 I don't own a waveshare LCD... but I would also like to know if its possible to make it work with Armbian
  21. Can you repeat your amrbian OS version, Linux, and hardware? I can't give a confident advice for you, but have you tried: * extraargs=cma=256M in armbianEnv.txt * turn off compositor, if using xfce (others have suggested it, and I found it unnecessary) In mpv, turn on verbosity by adding -v to the command. Then while it is running, close it and copy all the mpv text in a text editor. Search for the words h264, ffmpeg, v4l2, hardware, software
  22. Make sure you have ili9486.ko in your ko module folder: modinfo ili9486 Can you use the DTS that I published in: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/47971-driving-the-ili9488-lcd-40-inch-cheap-chinese-clone/#findComment-208446 But change the "compatible" line with waveshare,rpi-lcd-35 , Delete the stuff under the "compatible" line, until the "}vsync-len = <0>;", and replace it with what you had in your DTS. Change these lines, if they are different: spi-max-frequency = <24000000>; rotate = <270>; bgr; fps = <30>; buswidth = <8>; regwidth = <16>; Reference: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/blob/rpi-6.12.y/arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/piscreen-overlay.dts
  23. Linux is not a real time operating system Realtime OSes have a 1 ms accuracy You need an arduino dedicated only to make your square wave
  24. I have an Orange Pi Zero 3, Opi z2w, Opi z LTS, and Banana Pi M2 Zero. If the OS image is not in your download page, does it mean you don't need help with these boards? I didn't have any problems with opiz3 Armbian.com or self built image ever (last time I tried was 2 months ago). The others: haven't used in 1 year.
  25. Yes usermod -aG docker yourusername , then reboot, was what I needed to let the armbian build script continue Warning: if you forget the "a" in -aG, you will get locked out being admin in your own computer Second roadblock: I needed to install qemu as per: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/52127-running-armbian-build-on-x86-64/#findComment-219019 Thank you Werner!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.