Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

solved: usb-c not working on Gnome Armbian 26.2.1 noble with 6.19.0-edge-rockchip64, 6.12.58-current-rockchip64

Featured Replies

Hi

I managed to fix an issue with the usb-c port of the orange pi 5 plus. It seems the device is not activated unless you put it in host mode yourself:

as user root:

echo host >/sys/kernel/debug/usb/fc000000.usb/mode

 

I have tried a usb-c network card and usb stick. Both work after this command!

 

I noticed  this when I installed the 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx kernel. This one does not need this setting, it switches automatically from device mode to host and vice versa.

 

I had alot of problems with analog sound on older kernels, e.g. youtube just hangs unless you mute the sound.

But sound in noble 6.19.0-edge-rockchip64 works now, I switched to pipewire however.

 

Thanks to the maintainers of Armbian and OrangePi for this awesomeness!

Edited by phiser678

  • Author

Thanks for your update.

I checked rk3588-orangepi-5-plus.dtb after decompiling, it says:

Quote

        usb@fc000000 {
                compatible = "rockchip,rk3588-dwc3\0snps,dwc3";
                reg = <0x00 0xfc000000 0x00 0x400000>;
                interrupts = <0x00 0xdc 0x04 0x00>;
                clocks = <0x1f 0x194 0x1f 0x193 0x1f 0x192>;
                clock-names = "ref_clk\0suspend_clk\0bus_clk";
                dr_mode = "otg";
                phys = <0x23 0x24 0x04>;
                phy-names = "usb2-phy\0usb3-phy";
                phy_type = "utmi_wide";
                power-domains = <0x20 0x1f>;
                resets = <0x1f 0x152>;
                snps,dis_enblslpm_quirk;
                snps,dis-u1-entry-quirk;
                snps,dis-u2-entry-quirk;
                snps,dis-u2-freeclk-exists-quirk;
                snps,dis-del-phy-power-chg-quirk;
                snps,dis-tx-ipgap-linecheck-quirk;
                status = "okay";
                usb-role-switch;
                phandle = <0x12d>;

}
 

 

It seems line dr_mode = "otg" does On The Go, they seem to switched it from the 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx dtb. What could be the use case?

As I understand you can set it to dr_mode = "peripheral" ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.