Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Missing kernel updates

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I have been running armbian with the minmal debian trixie image on a odroid M1 for a few month now and I noticed that since I installed the image there has not been a single kernel upgrade.
the kernel is still at 6.18.10 despite current debian install image for this board being shipped with 6.18.28 so I am assuming I am doing something wrong.
The apt update and apt dist-upgrade logs show clearly all current package information are being downloaded from both debian and the armbian mirrors, and both armbian-config updates and upstream debian packages have been upgraded whenever I run the  apt dist-upgrade commands, but the kernel is still the same old version from several month ago.

Any clue what I should look at to find the issue?
Thanks
 

Solved by Werner

The longer answer is that for standard releases, updates only occur with each release cycle (i.e. every three months in Feb, May, Aug, and Nov each year.  So you will get new kernel release on that schedule.

 

Armbian also has rolling release repositories and these put out new versions on a frequent basis.  And you should be able to switch between stable releases and rolling release apt repositories using armbian-config.

 

Note that rolling releases don't get any testing (other than automated builds) and therefore may not be suitable for many users needs.  But those are your two options.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.