October 1Oct 1 Hi everybody With freshly installed armbian (commit id: d9fb61be0) I created a new uboot config file: ./compile.sh uboot-config BOARD=orangepizeroplus BRANCH=current SHARE_LOG=yes This creates the file: ./output/defconfig-uboot-orangepizeroplus-current But the command: ./compile.sh uboot BOARD=orangepizeroplus BRANCH=current SHARE_LOG=yes does not compile uboot, it just touches ./output/debs/linux-u-boot-orangepizeroplus-current_26.11.0-trunk_arm64__2026.07-*.deb file. Do I miss something? Do I have to copy the file ./output/defconfig-uboot-orangepizeroplus-current to a place in ./userpatches? Thanks in advance, Hackbeere log-uboot-config-f8ff6bc1-9053-44de-932f-fc933aa65f54.log log-uboot-289bad48-a6fa-43df-9b92-ac809bac3c2d.log
October 1Oct 1 Yes, must be copied. deb is touched when the expected build output is identical to artifact. force rebuild by adding ARTIFACT_IGNORE_CACHE=yes switch
Monday at 07:10 PM5 days Author Hi Werner Thanks for responding. Yes, ARTIFACT_IGNORE_CACHE=yes forces rebuild u-boot. But copying the file ./output/defconfig-uboot-orangepizeroplus-current (created with uboot-config) to ./userpatches doesn't work. It seems it isn't recognized as an u-boot config file. Do I have to rename it? To what name? Regards, Hackbeere
Tuesday at 04:45 AM5 days Hm. It MAY not work because the upper layer (patches/u-boot) to say has no patching config for this particular board, but just guessing. Try this way: https://github.com/armbian/build/compare/main...EvilOlaf:build:sunxi-uboot-config-sample patching config ensures recognition of plain dts and defconfigs and copies them into the source tree before compilation. The defconfig I put in there is just a sample.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.