Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot connect an encrypted disk

Featured Replies

I installed a Debian Jessie on an Odroid HC1, and trying to connect an encrypted disk to it via USB. blkid lists the device:

# blkid
/dev/sdb1: UUID="2288876d-0fe8-4b5a-b7d1-1660df8b2e25" TYPE="crypto_LUKS" PARTUUID="c8895b7f-01"

but when I try to open it with luksOpen:

# cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb1 sdb1_crypted
Enter passphrase for /dev/sda1:

After entering the passphrase (and Enter), it hangs. The SSH connection times out after 1-2 minutes (where to enlarge?)  and there is no HDMI on the HC1, so I am left blind.

The disk was created and used in another system and worked perfectly on a Raspberry PI and my Linux PC.

I created a key file and added it to /etc/crypttab, hoping the system will open it such, but no luck. I cannot connect to the board then, it doesn't set up even the network interface (it uses a wired Ethernet). It is on for 45 minutes now, and the 3 LEDs: blue and green on the Odroid, and the one at the disk are flashing or lighting continuously,  but I don't know what is happening (cannot connect). The disk is connected through a powered USB HUB to the Odroid USB2 host port. What could be happening?

Forum admins: can you pls. message me somehow if this is or not posted? I submitted another message a few weeks ago but could not find it on the forum ("Notify me of replies" is on, but I could not find even my post). Thanks,

Can you get a serial log while you do that, or at least run a second SSH connection with "dmesg -w"  to maybe capture some error messages?

  • Author
2 hours ago, Xalius said:

Can you get a serial log while you do that, or at least run a second SSH connection with "dmesg -w"  to maybe capture some error messages?

From "dmesg -w" I got only 

NET: Registered protocol family 38

until the connection times out, doesn't seem too much. Unfortunately I don't have a serial log, I'll order an USB UART adaptor, but that will take a few days.

  • Author

Also got this:

 NetworkManager[723]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application

What can it be?

15 hours ago, zsolt said:

Forum admins: can you pls. message me somehow if this is or not posted? I submitted another message a few weeks ago but could not find it on the forum ("Notify me of replies" is on, but I could not find even my post). Thanks,

https://forum.armbian.com/profile/8426-zsolt/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjY2NDIsImlkXzIiOjUwNDU1fQ==

 

So the only tread you opened if from feb 25th (and I don't see you as a subscriber to it, but you didn't read it since then.. :P)..

I'm not an admin so I can't say if something is lost somewhere else but you joined (with this nickname) on the 25th..

  • Author
5 hours ago, chwe said:

https://forum.armbian.com/profile/8426-zsolt/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjY2NDIsImlkXzIiOjUwNDU1fQ==

 

So the only tread you opened if from feb 25th (and I don't see you as a subscriber to it, but you didn't read it since then.. :P)..

Thank you for this, for some reason I didn't find my thread before. Still learning this forum ;-)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.