Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot get XU4 emmc to boot

Featured Replies

Hi,

I am trying to get my Xu4 to boot from an emmc card,

I am using Armbian Bionic mainline kernel 4.9.y. I can write this to SD card, and it boots and runs OK.

I prepared  the emmc card using the inbuilt system  nand-sata-install script. 

The emmc card will not boot.

I tried a couple of other iso.s same non result.

 

Checking the forum I found this thread started last year:-

This thread was HIJACKED by Tkaiser ,  who turned it into a discussion about OMV, and  I cannot see a successful conclusion to the original boot problem!

 

Please can you advise me of the method to get my emmc card to boot on my xu4, using the current kernels and not having to revert to a 3 series!

 

many thanks  P

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 6/23/2018 at 5:48 PM, superpat said:

Please can you advise me of the method to get my emmc card to boot on my xu4


Did you update bootloader on your eMMC? You only need to do this once. Boot from SD, got to nand-sata-install ... and select "Update bootloader" ... after that, your eMMC is capable to boot Armbian ... which doesn't use FAT boot partition and our fixed u-boot fix this.

  • Author

@Igor

 

Thank you!

 

I feel such an idiot! , I had  not understood the use of the bootloader update function.

 

Will try using it  when I next at home.

 

cheers

 

P 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.