Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radxa Rock S0

  1. Started by grixm,

    Hi guys, I got a SPIdev overlay to work on the rock S0, figured I'd just share it here for the record, since I could have used this info myself (I spent days trying to figure it out since I had no experience with device trees or whatnot). Basically, download the attached .dts file, then run sudo armbian-add-overlay rk3308-spi2-spidev.dts I also edited /boot/armbianEnv.txt and added this line, but I'm unsure if that's actually necessary? param_spidev_spi_bus=2 This worked on Armbian 24.5.1 Noble, creating /dev/spidev2.0. You can verify that it works using this tool: https://github.com/rm-hull/spidev-test The dts file is based on this one…

  2. Started by grixm,

    Hi guys, I created another device tree overlay that I needed, to enable two user leds on GPIO. Specifically GPIO0_B7 and GPIO0_C0, which is pins 27 and 28 on the header. Posting it here in case someone needs it, like I did with with the SPIdev overlay too. Here it is: rk3308-user-leds.dts What I needed this for is ethernet port LEDs, since the original connector does not include them. To get standard ethernet LED behavior on these newly defined LEDs, you can do this (you need su access): modprobe ledtrig-netdev echo "netdev" > /sys/class/leds/rock-s0\:orange\:user1/trigger echo "netdev" > /sys/class/leds/rock-s0\:green\:user2/trigger e…

  3. Hi. I have Rock Pi S0 boards that I install in an enclosure. It works, but it is conceivable that some critical bug or change with the image is discovered in the future so that customers later need to flash a new image to the emmc. But for them to do this, they would have to open the enclosure and locate the maskrom button, very inconvenient. Is there a way to trigger rebooting into maskrom from software instead of pushing the button? Apparently this is possible on the official radxa OS image by running command "reboot loader" instead of just "reboot", but not on armbian it seems. After investigating I see linux patches made by the rockchip team for kernel modu…

  4. I have to try to run home Assistant on the Radxa Rock S0 and I found the image file on https://www.armbian.com/radxa-rock-s0/ under the Dedicated applications images with Armbian Linux v6.6. I burn the image on the SD card butt that is all I could do, I'm not able to access the Rock S0 any way so I can't say that is working or not. Try to use the Putty with COM port but there's no COM port available, neither I can get any IP address so that I would access it trough Putty or locally trough LAN localhost:8123 I would be glad if someone can point me to the author of the image, I try to look on GitHub but couldn't find any Repository. Any help would be appre…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.7k views
  5. I have long struggled with a problem with my Rock S0: If using the USB OTG port in device mode, the connection would suddenly drop randomly, minutes or sometimes hours after initialization. I spent months on and off looking for solutions, and I finally found one, so here it is if you ever find yourself having the same problem. Basically, it is caused by the SoC being very sensitive to voltage drops before the USB controller interprets it as the connection being lost. It's far more sensitive than it needs to be, given that my device is bus-powered and so the OS never actually needs to worry about a connection loss. If the connection is lost it is because I have unplug…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  6. Due to the shortage of memory chips these days, Radxa is using different emmc models in their boards. For example, I recently ordered a big batch of Rock S0 boards, but they had to be delivered with Sandisk iNAND 32GB emmc drives instead of the typical 8GB option. The problem is that Armbian did not reliably boot on these new boards. It randomly gets stuck during initialization with the onboard LED endlessly blinking. Some boards works, some did not, some only works sometimes. Long story short, in case other people also have this problem: I found the solution. I believe it is caused by Armbian's Rock S0 device tree enabling the HS200 high speed mode for t…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.