Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nanopi M5

  1. **Board:** NanoPi M5 (RK3576) **Kernel:** 6.18.33-current-rockchip64 (#1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 23 11:07:21 UTC 2026) **Armbian build:** v26.8.0-trunk.53 ## Problem Gigabit RX is completely non-functional on `end0` (GMAC0, `ethernet@2a220000`). The interface comes up at 1000Mb/s, TX works, but no packets are ever received. DHCP never gets an OFFER, `ethtool -S end0` shows RX counters stuck at zero. Forcing 100Mb/s via `ethtool -s end0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off` works around the issue — RX starts working immediately. ## Root cause The DTB sets `phy-mode = "rgmii-id"` together with `rx_delay = <0x3f>`. The RTL8211F PHY in `-id` mode a…

  2. Hi ! I have a FriendlyElec NanoPi M5 and I want to play movies with it. But I want to squeeze everything out of this SBC ! So, I need hardware acceleration. I tested first with a OS image downloaded from FriendlyElec and mpv and (almost) everything works well. The mpv working configuration is: hwdec=rkmpp, vo=gpu, gpu-api=opengl. But I don't like that OS for other reasons, so I switched to Armbian. I installed the image "Armbian 26.5.1 KDE Wayland (Ubuntu 26.04 - vendor 6.1.115)", then I installed mpv, but when I try to play movies, it says: marus@nanopi-m5:/mnt/NAS/WDRed1/Samples/FullHD$ mpv --hwdec=rkmpp --vo=gpu --gpu-api=opengl H265.8bit.FullHD.192…

  3. Hi, I would like to report an issue I encountered while testing the new NanoPi M5 UFS boot support in Armbian 26.5.1. Board: NanoPi M5 Boot media for installation: SD card Target storage: onboard UFS BOOT switch after installation: UFS/SD Tested images: * `Armbian_26.5.1_Nanopi-m5_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img.xz` * `Armbian_26.5.1_Nanopi-m5_trixie_current_6.18.33_minimal.img.xz` My current NVMe setup uses a custom layout: * `ext4` `/boot` * `btrfs` `/` I had to use this layout because, in my previous NVMe tests, installing the system directly to NVMe with btrfs using `armbian-install` did not boot when `/boot` was also located on btrfs. With a separate ext4 `/b…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Hello, I’ve seen in the latest release Armbian now supports installing to UFS but can’t really see much information about going about this? I boot into the SD card and I’ve tried both installing a new copy to the UFS, which seems to do something but booting only gets as far as initramfs, and copying existing install from SD card which just fails with the following: “No bootable install method is available for /dev/sda on this system (no EFI firmware, no GRUB, and no board u-boot support).” I have tried both Debian and Ubuntu minimal images on vendor and current kernels. I did have a FriendlyElec image on there before but used Rkdevtool to erase …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 605 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.