Everything posted by LivingLinux
-
NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
I tried 2.2 on RPi OS. Installation goes fine, but starting steam-arm doesn't work. I also tried like this: steam-arm -no-cef-sandbox I also tried the restart options. Output of terminal attached. Anything else you need for analysis? The dmp file doesn't look human readable, but I can add it. Steam.txt
- NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
- NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
- NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
- NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
-
NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
Thanks for the quick response. I was not the GAMEUSER, so I installed as you suggested: sudo env GAMEUSER=livinglinux bash steam-arm-install.sh --keep My id number is 1002, perhaps that's causing issues? Ubuntu uses the 4k page size kernel, so I haven't tested switching kernels. Performance is underwhelming, especially compared to the RK3588. I guess we run into the limitations of the RPi5 hardware. There was one weird thing when I started using my controller in the game Half-Life. I got a popup about allowing remote interaction. On the RK3588 I got a popup about allowing access to the controller, but this seems to be the wrong popup. You can see it at around 6:50 in the video. I'm not really motivated to continue testing with the RPi5, unless we get some better performance.
-
NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
@Scrumpper I tried the new installer on a Raspberry Pi 5 running Ubuntu. The script gets busy installing a lot of things. But when I start steam-arm, I get errors. livinglinux@Pi5:~$ steam-arm /usr/local/bin/steam-arm: 43: cannot create /home/livinglinux/.local/share/steam-arm/.local/share/Steam/steamrtarm64/steam-launch-wrapper: Directory nonexistent chmod: cannot access '/home/livinglinux/.local/share/steam-arm/.local/share/Steam/steamrtarm64/steam-launch-wrapper': No such file or directory /usr/local/bin/steam-arm: 59: cannot create /home/livinglinux/.local/share/steam-arm/.local/share/Steam/steamrtarm64/streaming_client: Directory nonexistent chmod: cannot access '/home/livinglinux/.local/share/steam-arm/.local/share/Steam/steamrtarm64/streaming_client': No such file or directory /usr/local/bin/steam-arm: 215: cd: can't cd to /home/livinglinux/.local/share/steam-arm/.local/share/Steam/steamrtarm64
-
NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
Did a test on the Radxa Rock 5B RK3588. Armbian 26.8 has Mesa 26.0 and I had issues to get games working with Vulkan. Upgraded to 26.2.3 with the Persson PPA, and Tomb Raider GOTY is also working on the RK3588! https://launchpad.net/~ernstp/+archive/ubuntu/mesarc Half-Life needs OpenGL 3.2, so I started the Steam client like this: PAN_MESA_DEBUG=gl3 steam-arm Mangohud wasn't working for me, but you can use Gallium HUD for OpenGL and Vulkan Overlay. You can start games in Steam like this: GALLIUM_HUD=simple,fps %COMMAND% VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay %COMMAND% Tomb Raider GOTY Benchmark Min FPS: 15.6 Max FPS: 22.9 Average FPS: 19.7 You can see my video here:
- Gaming experience Radxa Dragon Q6A Snapdragon QCS6490
-
NATIVE ARM64 Steam Client Installer built on RK3588 board (Using the ARM64 Steam Frame's Client)
Thanks for releasing this. It's works fine on the Radxa Dragon Q6A Snapdragon QCS6490 SBC. I assume it won't work on ARM Mac, unless you added something like a micro VM, to enable running 4k page size apps in a 16k page size environment. My PS4 controller works. I skipped installing glx-lax and vk-spoof. I assume vk-spoof is for the RK3588 (and perhaps other SoCs that don't support everything needed for Vulkan). Steam overlay doesn't seem to work, and running with Mangohud doesn't seem to work either. Mangohud did work when I tested a different setup of Steam ARM Linux. Here is the result of the benchmark of Tomb Raider GOTY (1080p Normal quality). Min FPS: 18.9 Max FPS: 31.9 Average FPS: 26.7
-
waydroid
Installing Waydroid should be no problem, but you might have to activate psi. Waydroid installation. https://docs.waydro.id/usage/install-on-desktops sudo apt install curl ca-certificates -y curl -s https://repo.waydro.id | sudo bash sudo apt update sudo apt install waydroid -y Reboot and start Waydroid. Preferably from the command line, as you will see the output directly. After downloading the image, it tries to start. If you get the error "Service manager /dev/binder has died", it probably means you have to activate psi. See more details here: https://github.com/waydroid/waydroid/issues/136 TL;DR Activate psi. sudo nano /etc/default/grub Add psi=1, so the line will look like this: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="psi=1" Update grub. sudo update-grub Reboot. This is a quick test to see if psi is active. It should show some numbers. cat /proc/pressure/cpu Waydroid should work now. Unless you run into a different issue than I did.
-
GOESB — open benchmark for local speech-to-text, need RK3588/RK3576 board results
There is no problem with the installation script itself. It's just that putting goesb at the end of the curl command threw an error "goesb not found". So I just removed goesb at the end of the curl command. I also ran the benchmark on a Phytium D2000. It wasn't recognized, and it said it will be uploaded as custom. I have to admit that outside of China it is a very rare ARM chip. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/mini-pc-has-phytium-CPU
-
GOESB — open benchmark for local speech-to-text, need RK3588/RK3576 board results
I had to install it like this, otherwise I get the error that goesb is not found. curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/taktx-io/GOESB/main/scripts/install.sh | sh Now you have RK3588 and QCS6490.
-
Gaming experience Radxa Dragon Q6A Snapdragon QCS6490
I see a very active gaming thread for the Orange Pi 5, but the Radxa Dragon Q6A is the better credit card sized ARM SBC for gaming. I'm a bit of a lazy person, so I don't feel like testing many settings, so I settled on the Steam ARM Linux client and for some games the Luxtorpeda tool for Steam. Luxtorpeda isn't developed for ARM, but it will run with Fex-Emu, and I assume Box64. https://codeberg.org/luxtorpeda/luxtorpeda Here you can see Metro 2033 Redux on the Rada Dragon Q6A. I played it with Luxtorpeda. You can also play it with Proton ARM64, but I didn't see much difference with the performance. Performance is around 20-25 fps at 1080p most of the time, but I have tested only the beginning of the game. If you have audio issues, you can try to run it like this: PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 mangohud %command% I added Mangohud, so you can see the fps. I'm interested to see the gaming experience from other people.
- How to use OrangePi 5 Plus's NPU for Image Generation?
- How to use OrangePi 5 Plus's NPU for Image Generation?
-
Games Compatible With Armbian on Pinebook Pro
Perhaps you can try to build Yamagi from source, as I pointed out, a developer has really optimized OpenGL ES. Here you can see it on a VisionFive 2, RISC-V SBC, hitting almost 200fps at 1080p! You can also try PS1 emulation with PCSXR (works without PS1 BIOS). I assume it's just: sudo apt install rpcsx .If you have a PS1 BIOS, you can also try Duckstation. If you need a game for testing, you can try Magic Castle. It was released for free. http://netyaroze.com/Media/Magic-Castle https://archive.org/details/magic-castle-2021-07-may Regarding eDuke32, did you try disabling compressed textures? https://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
-
Games Compatible With Armbian on Pinebook Pro
Did you try Yamagi Quake 2 with OpenGL ES1? A developer optimized it, and I assume it will also be a lot faster on a PBP, but it might be that certain mods don't work with GLES1. You have to build it like this: make -j4 WITH_SDL3=no with_gles1 Select OpenGL ES1 in the Video Settings. If you don't see blood particles (or they are squares), go to the game console and disable a certain module: gl1_pointparameters 0 Restart the game and have fun!
-
Raspberry Pi 5 missing video decode hardware acceleration in chromium
It will only work for h265, as that is the only hardware decoder available in the Pi 5. So it won't help you with for instance YouTube, as they use VP9 and AV1 (or you can force h264 with a browser plugin). You can try Firefox. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1833354 Or change some of the flags in Chromium, but it feels as if they keep changing, so you might find other suggested flags all over the internet. You can set the mentioned flags in: chrome://flags/ https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=244031
-
Games Compatible With Armbian on Pinebook Pro
My PBP died, so I can no longer test it myself. You can start by testing the PPSSPP aarch64 AppImage. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/releases A couple of years ago I had performance issues with the PPSSPP Flatpak on my Phytium D2000, so I built it on Ubuntu 22.04. I'm not sure if I followed the instructions for Qt, or for Linux. So you need to install the prerequisites and I guess it doesn't hurt to install the additional packages mentioned for Ubuntu. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/build-instructions#building-with-cmake-other-platforms-eg-linux
- Games Compatible With Armbian on Pinebook Pro
- Orange Pi RV2
-
Orange Pi RV2
I tried the nightly build, and I'm happy with the result. Vulkan and OpenGL are still running on the CPU, but I'll try newer images in the future. I did a quick test with Yamagi Quake 2. OpenGL 1.4 doesn't even get 60fps at 640x480, but it looks playable. Should run a lot faster once we can run Vulkan on the GPU. https://github.com/yquake2/yquake2/blob/master/doc/020_installation.md This the make command I used: make WITH_GLES1=yes WITH_SDL3=no -j4 I also tested Stable Diffusion XL Turbo with OnnxStream. Image generated in 7m27s. Looks like the CPU performance is as expected. You do need gcc-14 and g++-14. They are available in the repository. https://github.com/vitoplantamura/OnnxStream You need to change the architecture string in CMakeLists.txt. -march=rv64gcv