May 13May 13 Hi. I've also been having issues with my Orange Pi 5. It seems the problem is that the module was removed from the kernel, but I haven't looked into it in detail yet. The folks at NixOS seem to have solved this issue https://github.com/waydroid/waydroid/issues/2094 I have this specific problem waydroid show-full-ui [22:49:14] Starting waydroid session [22:49:14] RuntimeError: Command failed: % /usr/lib/waydroid/data/scripts/waydroid-net.sh start vnic is waydroid0 sudo /usr/lib/waydroid/data/scripts/waydroid-net.sh start modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/6.18.10-current-rockchip64 iptables v1.8.11 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. Failed to setup waydroid-net. My system user@orangepi5:~$ uname -a Linux orangepi5 6.18.10-current-rockchip64 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 11 12:42:01 UTC 2026 aarch64 GNU/Linux I'm not a network expert, so I hope someone can help. Are you having the same problem?
August 31Aug 31 Installing Waydroid should be no problem, but you might have to activate psi. Waydroid installation. https://docs.waydro.id/usage/install-on-desktops sudo apt install curl ca-certificates -y curl -s https://repo.waydro.id | sudo bash sudo apt update sudo apt install waydroid -y Reboot and start Waydroid. Preferably from the command line, as you will see the output directly. After downloading the image, it tries to start. If you get the error "Service manager /dev/binder has died", it probably means you have to activate psi. See more details here: https://github.com/waydroid/waydroid/issues/136 TL;DR Activate psi. sudo nano /etc/default/grub Add psi=1, so the line will look like this: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="psi=1" Update grub. sudo update-grub Reboot. This is a quick test to see if psi is active. It should show some numbers. cat /proc/pressure/cpu Waydroid should work now. Unless you run into a different issue than I did.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.