Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Status of mainline kernel support for ROC-RK3328-CC

Featured Replies

Hi

 

I was wondering of status of vanilla kernel and linux for ROC-RK3328-CC. I read an article about it being mainlined in 4.17 (http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2312) but I still see people working through issues on this board. I am mainly interested on ethernet and USB3 support. Not interested in video or sound, although others might. Thought this is the place to ask as there is a lot going on but difficult to scrape all the info on the threads. Thanks!

9 hours ago, talentles said:

I read an article about it being mainlined in 4.17


This usually doesn't mean much. Boards get their definitions inside mainline kernel many years before they actually work. Sometimes they lack vital drivers, like flash media support and might not even boot in user friendly way. I don't recall how initial support for this board was back then.
 

9 hours ago, talentles said:

Not interested in video or sound, although others might.

9 hours ago, talentles said:

I am mainly interested on ethernet and USB3 support.


Basic mainline support for RK3328 exists, but its not fully stable. There are quirks in USB3, there are some troubles with memory while IIRC Ethernet should be fine by now. 
 

11 minutes ago, Igor said:

Basic mainline support for RK3328 exists, but its not fully stable. There are quirks in USB3, there are some troubles with memory while IIRC Ethernet should be fine by now. 

 

10 hours ago, talentles said:

I was wondering of status of vanilla kernel and linux for ROC-RK3328-CC.

 

It is as Igor said, however Ethernet has been, and still is, problematic on RK3328 (performance is very slow), it would seem the TRM for the SoC is not as complete as it could be.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.