Libre Renegade
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
49 topics in this forum
-
https://libre.computer/products/roc-rk3399-pc/ Can the computer run entirely on free software which is software you can use, share, modify and redistribute? The question includes firmware, microcode, etc, any piece of software that is running on the computer. If some devices on the computer requires non free software in order to work then what devices are they? And will the computer still work if you choose to not install the pieces of non free software in question? Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Fairly recently, I've noticed these warnings appearing when running apt update. I have tried importing the keys from the repositories in question, but that has not remediated the issue. root@modron:/home/luna# apt update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie InRelease Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-backports InRelease Hit:4 http://security.debian.org trixie-security InRelease Hit:6 https://download.docker.com/linux/debian trixie InRelease Hit:7 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Get:5 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie InRelease [62.3 kB] Err:5 http://armbian.lv.…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I've tried to setup the latest Debian 13 (Trixie) for the Renegade board. I can flash the image with no issue. The problem comes it boots up, prompts for root password. I can type in then press enter, and then it goes to login. This only happens on the Debian 13 (Trixie). I am using the Debian 12 XFCE imange no issue. I am not sure if this is a bug or what, but I loved to use Debian 13, I am trying to setup Docker with the latest OS.
-
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to install renegade firmware on a Rasperry Pi build for example? Libre used to host a script for a tool that achieved this but it hasn't been updated since Buster TIA
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
v4l2loopback-dkms 0.12.7-2 fails to build make.log: DKMS make.log for v4l2loopback-0.12.7 for kernel 6.12.32-current-rockchip64 (aarch64) Sat Jul 5 09:16:17 PM CDT 2025 Building v4l2-loopback driver... make -C /lib/modules/6.12.32-current-rockchip64/build M=/var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.12.7/build modules make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.32-current-rockchip64' CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.12.7/build/v4l2loopback.o /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.12.7/build/v4l2loopback.c: In function ‘vidioc_querycap’: /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.12.7/build/v4l2loopback.c:717:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘strlcpy’; did you mean ‘strncp…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The base device tree for the Renegade (roc-rk3328-cc) already includes a PWM2 device but armbian does not include the .dtbo to enable it. Thus, it is also unavailable through armbian-config. The Libre builds of Debian support it, but not armbian. I have copied the overlay from the Libre build of Debian for Renegade and it applies correctly on after I manually add it to the overlay directory: /boot/dtb-6.12.32-current-rockchip64/rockchip/overlay/rockchip-rk3328-pwm2.dtbo Note that as of today armbian-config is having a general issue with loading overlays via armbianEnv.txt. This can be bypassed by avoiding using armbian-config for overlays and …
-
-
My Libre Computer Renegade wouldn't boot from its pluggable eMMC this morning. I worked around the issue by booting from an SD card, setting up a chroot environment for the eMMC card, and switching to an older kernel on the eMMC. Obviously, it would be better if the current kernel supported booting from eMMC. This may be related to and
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Issue: LEDs don't work and /sys/class/leds is empty after upgrade to 24.11.3 on ROC-RK3328-CC Renegade (boot & system on eMMC.) Before upgrade, 24.11.1 had LEDs working with "firefly:blue:power" and "firefly:yellow:user" 24.11.1 had /sys/class/leds/firefly:blue:power pointing to /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/firefly:blue:power as shown here: On this (LED working) installation BEFORE UPGRADE: " armbianmonitor -u " logging output here: https://paste.next.armbian.com/ucizofikay Note the pretty names + armbian firmware show 24.11.3, while the other packages held back to 24.11.1 by the setting in armbian-config tool. LEDs…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have an encrypted root partition, and on booting, it asks me for the passphrase to decrypt it. This was shown on the screen when I was using the 6.6.47 kernel, but on the 6.12.11 kernel, nothing is shown on the screen at all until I've successfully typed the passphrase and it's started booting. Here's the armbianmonitor -u output for the working 6.6.47 kernel: https://paste.next.armbian.com/suporamoqe And here's the output for the not-quite-so-working 6.12.11 kernel: https://paste.armbian.de/cuxaxoweci This isn't a huge deal for me, since I usually close my eyes while typing the passphrase anyway, but it means I have to guess when it…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sorry, don't have the Armbianmonitor info handy but wanted to get this started... I'm trying to bring up a Libre Renegade RK3328-CC for use as a media center. Armbian's performance is absolutely wonderful compared to the other builds I've tried on this box. Unfortunately, I want the HDMI output going to a Samsung Frame TV, and resolution negotiation fails badly -- I get obvious rasters with black between them, nowhere near the 4K that this TV model is capable of and not even a smooth conversion (Note that the eyes here suggests that the black line is occurring every third raster or something like that...) What information I have gathered so far: …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm using a few Libre Computer Renegades as headless servers, and they're working well (thank you!), but I'm wanting to set one up for personal use, and I've discovered that when I plug headphones into the analog audio jack, the left and right channels are reversed. (Also, the default volume, (for example, from speaker-test in a terminal) is too loud for headphones.) sudo armbianmonitor -u Says: System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to https://paste.armbian.com/Error adding document. so I've attached armbian-hardware-monitor.log instead. armbian-hardware-monitor.log
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. I've got a ROC-RK3399-PC SBC with a JMB585 PCIe to SATA extension card. Unfortunately PCIe always doesn't work on boot, whether it is in u-boot or kernel, with `PCIe link training gen1 timeout` error. Just as the following log: However, after I manually run these commands, PCIe seems working. ```modprobe -r pcie_rockchip_host modprobe pcie_rockchip_host ``` Kernel log: Does anyone have any idea about what is going on? Thanks in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 14.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
The Libre Computer Renegade RK3328 has hardware AES support. Should it not be listed by `lsmod` if the module is activated? $ grep aes /proc/cpuinfo Features : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid Features : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid Features : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid Features : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid $ lsmod | grep aes $ How can one verify that the AES chip is being utilized? I'm on the Armbian 22.11 Jammy release (Kernel 5.15.y, Release date: Nov 30, 2022).
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looking for information on enabling 4 wire SPI on the Libre Renegade. I think have it enabled (spi-spidev) in armbian-config and I think configured correctly in /boot/armbianEnv.txt: param_spidev_spi_bus=0 param_spidev_spi_cs=0 param_spidev_max_freq=1000000 Connecting to pins GPIO pin# 19/21/23/24 I still do not see ANY devices matching /dev/spi* - An guidance as to WHY? I have the build framework, but am new to building armbian kernels but could navigate it with some direction. TIA folks! [Trying to connect a 240x320 LCD display using the ST7789-VW controller, not using Arduino IDE]
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm running Armbian Jammy (23.02.2) aarch64, Xfce 4.16, Kernel: 5.15.93-rockchip64 on a Libre Renegade and would like to change the resolution to 1360x768. I have tried the Display Settings which only has 1280x720 and I can't change the scale, also I have tried changing the values in Settings Editor but that doesn't change anything. (DISPLAY=:0 xrandr -q) shows: xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default Screen 0: minimum 1280 x 720, current 1280 x 720, maximum 1280 x 720 default connected 1280x720+0+0 0mm x 0mm 1280x720 0.00* I have limited experience with XFCE and terminal commands, any help is appreciated thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Ok so I think I have this figured out. It doesn't work at all in Armbian 23.05.1 with the 6.x kernel no matter what I try. It does work in the older Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy (kernel 5.15.93) but the given instructions didn't work for me and needed additional commands. I had to enable the rk3328-opp-1.5ghz overlay or else the max frequency was locked to 1296 MHz. I also found the MAX_SPEED value in the instructions to be too low. To get it to work in 23.02.2: First you have to enable the rk3328-opp-1.5ghz overlay in armbian-config (System > Hardware > rk3328-opp-1.5ghz) or just add it to the overlays line in /boot/armbianEnv.txt and reboot. Next open the /et…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, I’ve read you can save 40Ma, can anyone tell me what is the best way of disabling HDMI? TIA
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here in the forum the psu mod for the roc-rk3328-cc board was discussed. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to do this exactly?
-
I've burned the latest Focal image onto Renegade board. Everything works fine except rebooting it via command. Once the reboot is entered, the console log showed it tried to reboot but stuck with the following info. The above Armbianmonitor is a zip file, please download it and save as zip file then unzip to get the detail log. I guess it was due to issue in dtb file but has no clue. Is there any genius can help on this? [ 97.418882] watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop! [ 97.672510] reboot: Restarting system INFO: PSCI Power Domain Map: INFO: Domain Nod State ON (0x0) INFO: Doma parent_node 0, State ON (0x0) e …
-
I've tried to reinstall multiple times. Armbian runs fine and i am able to SSH and do everything on it, but hdmi display plugged in gets no signal. I installed Armbian 22.11 Jammy XFCE and non. Both give me no output. I'm using a big enough power supply, and nothing. I am attaching the output i got on the armbianmonitor U http://paste.debian.net/1270237/
-
At first, the card was recognized as a Mass Storage, I used usb_modeswitch to make it recognized as a wifi card, but iwconfig still didn't show this card, and /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211 did exist, but was empty. I don't think it's a driver issue because when I plugged this card into my debian laptop, it worked even without usb_modeswitch. journalctl and lsusb logs are in the files. journalctl.log lsusb.log
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I have two renegade SBCs, both of them flash armbian_22.02, one bullseye,another focal with xfce. Bullseye on hardware viersion v1.0, Focal on v1.3. They both can't discovery USB3.0 devices through USB3.0 which plug before boot. I installed openmediavault, setting up share folders on USB3.0 mobile disk, test it can work properly, then reboot. After reboot, Disk can't be discoveryed, light on disk bright but not flash. I keep waiting 30 minutes, no external disk be found. And, they can discovery devices on USB3.0 which plug after booted. But sometimes can't, only USB2.0 devices plug in USB3.0 port can be found. Example, I plug an USB3.0 di…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 7.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Good Morning, I'm using Libre renegade with armbian bullseye minimal. How can I change splash screen, replacing the armbian logo and 4 penguins, with a personal one? Has anybody done it eralier? Thanks in advance
-
I use the spi0 of Renegade to drive a 3.5-inch touchscreen, both the lcd and touchscreen use the same spi0, but different "CS". If I don't touch, the display is ok. But when touch the screen, the display gets messed up, looking like the colors are misaligned starting from an offset value. Anybody has experience of it ? Thank you! (The first and second images get messed up as I touch on screen, the third image is ok as I don't touch.)
-
Armbian 21.08.1 Bullseye with Linux 5.10.60-rockchip64 power supply OK, sdcard OK, installed OMV. For this reason ,https://forum.armbian.com/topic/20237-renegade-aka-roc-rk3328-cc-usb30-not-work-properly/ , I 'freeze' armbian kernal upgrades to make USB-disk work properly. But, Either poweroff in CLI or in OMV panal, it always reboot.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hw ver 1.0 and 1.3, both dwmmc_rockchip ff500000.mmc:Unexpected interrupt latency. fw Offical Armbian 22.02.1 Bullseye. Power Supply 5.5V/3A + microUSB cable, currect Voltage over microUSB port is 5.1V when load 3A. TF card is Samsung EVO orange.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Issue: The node /proc/device-tree/compatible contains the board name roc-rk3328-cc, but the dtb in /boot/dtb/rockchip/ is named rk3288-roc-cc. Armbian-config queries this node when running "System settings / Dtc" and then looks for roc-rk3288-cc.dtb, but cant find it.
-
Same with your ROC-RK3399-PC (Renegade Elite): https://libre.computer/products/boards/roc-rk3399-pc/ How do you plan to solve heat dissipation there? And do I get it right that the USB-C in the upper left corner is meant as a generic 12V input?
-
Reputation Points
- 326 replies
- 144.8k views
- 11 followers
-
-
Hello! First, and foremost, how issue looks like: https://imgur.com/a/ZrPUi9t Initially I noticed this issue with Dell UP3017 (2560x1600) on Libre Computer ROC-RK3399-PC (post). However later I noticed this on fresh Armbian installations on NanoPC-T4 too (post). Later on I found that old Armbian installations on NanoPC-T4 is unaffected, probably because of older uboot (something from last Armbian 5.xx days) that already flashed on eMMC. Yesterday I compared a couple of old Armbian images (initially that was posted here) Armbian_20.05.7_Nanopct4_focal_current_5.4.49.img - issue is not reproducible, Armbian_20.08.2_Nanopct4_focal_current_5.8.6.img …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone provide a link to a currently available and confirmed working USB to 3.3V TTL converter that works at 1500000 bps? The PL2303 I have technically supports up to 3 Mbps but only in certain discrete steps, and 1500000 is not one of those steps. The MCP2221A only supports up to 460800 bps. The FTDI FT232 data sheet claims support up to 3 Mbps but is unclear about whether arbitrary baud rates are supported, or only discrete steps like the PL2303. Searching for a compatible USB-TTL cable to work with the RK3399 has been futile so far. A link to a confirmed working cable would be much appreciated. Confirmed working cables only. No theoretical devices, please.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was able to install an ebay 18650 UPS on my ROC-RK3328-CC, and found out in the instructions that it also has an RTC Module. I would like to utilize that feature, if possible, but I am not entirely sure how to go about it. I have used the armbian-config to enable i2c7, and... that's pretty much as far as I got. Viewing the instructions under "How to setup and check the RTC module:" https://wiki.52pi.com/index.php/UPS_(With_RTC_%26_Coulometer)_For_Raspberry_Pi_SKU:_EP-0118 The instructions call to use modprobe i2c-bcm2835 however, it doesn't appear that my copy of Armbian 20.08.7 Buster has this driver. Is there another way to setup an…
-
I am considering to buy a RK3399 dev board and use USB 3.0 peripheral mode to transfer data to/from another host PC. It may be used as USB CDC/Eth or RNDIS device, or a MTP device. We hope the transfer rate could be well over 1Gbps, the higher, the better. So has anybody ever benchmarked RK3399 USB in peripheral mode? Such as the highest iperf transfer rate in CDC/Eth or RNDIS mode?
-
I have a 1 GB Renegade board and downloaded Armbian_19.11.3_Renegade_buster_current_5.3.11 image to install. Noticed it was only 510MB of RAM. Relevant extracts from serial log: U-Boot 2017.09-armbian (Nov 19 2019 - 00:09:05 +0100) Model: Firefly ROC-RK3328-CC DRAM: 510 MiB ____ _ | _ \ ___ _ __ ___ __ _ __ _ __| | ___ | |_) / _ \ '_ \ / _ \/ _` |/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \ | _ < __/ | | | __/ (_| | (_| | (_| | __/ |_| \_\___|_| |_|\___|\__, |\__,_|\__,_|\___| |___/ Welcome to Armbian Buster with Linux 5.3.11-rockchip64 System load: 0.10 0.14 0.06 Up time:…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 7.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
My ROC-RK3328-CC have 4GB Ram with 16GB eMMC, how to install the download "Armbian_20.02.1_Renegade_buster_current_5.4.20.7z" to eMMC and boot from eMMC? Thanks a lot!
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Tried booting a Renegade board with the Jan. 5, 2020 Buster Server Image. It appears that the eth0 is not starting. Switched to a Buster minimal from some time back, and at least the ethernet driver appears to be working.
-
Hi I was wondering of status of vanilla kernel and linux for ROC-RK3328-CC. I read an article about it being mainlined in 4.17 (http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2312) but I still see people working through issues on this board. I am mainly interested on ethernet and USB3 support. Not interested in video or sound, although others might. Thought this is the place to ask as there is a lot going on but difficult to scrape all the info on the threads. Thanks!
-
Mar 9 12:31:24 renegade liblogging-stdlog: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.24.0" x-pid="1209" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed Mar 9 12:31:28 renegade systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS2. Mar 9 12:31:28 renegade systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS2. Mar 9 12:31:38 renegade systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS2. Mar 9 12:31:38 renegade systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS2. Getting the bootloop serial getty message on my Libre Renegade OMV4. Logs enclosed. I tried some of the fixes I saw on other threads but to no avail. Those looked like they were for diff devices, but may be CPU specific? Any ide…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
It seems that If I use the mainline kernel Ethernet does not work, in the sense that it doesn't even get initialized. ip addr will only show the loopback interface, and the kernel log will show this regarding the ethernet port. Could it be a device tree issue? [ 6.867997] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: PTP uses main clock [ 6.868097] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: Linked as a consumer to regulator.5 [ 6.868103] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: clock input or output? (input). [ 6.868112] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: TX delay(0x25). [ 6.868118] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: RX delay(0x11). [ 6.868126] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: integr…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 8.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have a Renegade ROC-3328-CC board, and trying to get the touch to work on the touchscreen (Typical resistive Touch screen 3.5" HDMI HAT type screen). I'm using the Armbian_5.75_Renegade_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.174_desktop.img, and everything is working except the touch on the screen. Does anyone have success with this combination? By reading through topics on the forum, it seems to me that I need to be on the mainline kernel (since it has fbtft and ads7846 drivers), but I'm not finding any packaged images using mainline that will support his board. Anyone have a mainline Image for the Renegade? I tried the Tinker images whi…
-
I need to get a driver working on my ROC renegade with DKMS. However, the kernel headers provided by the repository: linux-headers-rockchip64 - Linux kernel headers for 4.4.156-rockchip64 on arm64 do not match the kernel provided by the repository: linux-image-rockchip64 - Linux kernel, version 4.4.162-rockchip64 This is after updating the cache just now and yes, both packages are installed. Is there some way I can guarantee that the version of my installed kernel and headers always match (apart from compiling them myself)? There is no linux-image-next package for rockchip64 and I'm hesitant to install the nightly release.
-
Hello, I am trying out the latest Armbian image on the Renegade board and after several hours i still do not the analog audio to work. Only the HDMI output is found and used. With the Ubuntu images provided by Firefly, the analog audio works fine, so we can exclude that it may be a problem with the hardware. I have seen in this forums such descriptions for other boards with the 3328 CPU, but from my understanding do that solutions not fit for the Renegade. May somebody provide me a hint, how to activate the analog output? Here you can find the Armbianmonitor output: http://ix.io/1vHd Here you can find inform…
-
Hi all. Is heatsink required for the libre 3328? When I log in to armbiam temp says 60 but it is in red text.
-
I purchased a ROC-RK3328-CC from LovRPi.com. The ONLY OS available I can get to boot is Armbian, so this is important. This is a new install. Everything seems to work well enough except DNS. The browser can't resolve domain names, though it can access the various routers' IP's.. cat resolv.conf shows the head text and nameserver 127.0.0.53 I've tried editing the network connection, adding DNS servers, which had no effect except that systemd-resolve --status shows the correct DNS servers for eth0 (the wired connection). This cannot be altered by systemd-resolve --set-dns=[DNS Server IP]. It doesn't throw an error but neit…
-
using latest Armbian: Linux indi 4.4.156-rockchip64 #21 SMP Wed Sep 19 13:14:57 CEST 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux I can do the following (as sudo su), but, no voltage on the specified pin (pin 5, Linux pin 4): echo -n "4" > /sys/class/gpio/export echo -n "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/direction echo -n 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/value echo -n 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/value echo -n "4" > /sys/class/gpio/unexport I get no light on my generic LED with a 100k resistor - which lights when I move from pin 5 (Linux pin 4) MicroSD end of the board -> [ . . ] [ . . ] [ . . ] <…
-
Quick question, what happened to Debian Stretch images for Renegade, it seems there is only ubuntu images for download now. Does armbian perfer ubuntu rootfs for server images now?
-
As discussed on multiple threads, the aim of this thread is to bring all RockChip devices under one BSP (4.4) Kernel. This discussion can be found (partly): and a bit background here: https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/issues/98 Cause I'm not willing to cut out all this stuff from the related threads (this would end in a complete disaster) I try to summarize it here (if something is missing, let me know I'll add it): RockChips BSP kernel is not longer an option. Cause it breaks faster that our current resources allow to fix it. Having all SoCs under one kernelsource would make it more predictable and decrease the efforts needed to keep…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 14k views
- 1 follower
-
-
tinymembench v0.4.9 (simple benchmark for memory throughput and latency) ========================================================================== == Memory bandwidth tests == == == == Note 1: 1MB = 1000000 bytes == == Note 2: Results for 'copy' tests show how many bytes can be == == copied per second (adding together read and writen == == bytes would have provided twice higher numbers) == == Note 3: 2-pass copy means that we are using a small temporary buffer == == …