Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RockPro64 and Marvell 88SE9230 compatibility

Featured Replies

Hi everybody,

 

I have a problem with this version: Armbian_20.05.2_Rockpro64_buster_legacy_4.4.213.img

I don't see my disk that is plugged on the PCIe To SATA Marvell 88SE9230 in the system.

I've create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-marvell.rules with the following line on it:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{vendor}=="0x1b4b", ATTR{device}=="0x9230", RUN+="/bin/bash -c 'echo %k > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/bind'"

 

If I do the same thing with this version: Armbian_20.05.4_Rockpro64_focal_current_5.4.46.img, I see my disk after creating the file.

But, there's two problem with this version: first the fan always running and, more important, second I can't install OpenMediaVault on it.

 

My question is, do I have to do something on the kernel? If so, could someone tell me what I have to activate to see my disk ?

I don't have a lot of knowledge about kernels but I'm ready to jump it if someone could tell me where to check.

 

Thank you all in advance.

Hi,

Myself has a bunch of Marvell chipset sata cards. And almost sure all of them work on kernel 5.7.12 - Try it out and let me know.

I did notice months back probs in OMV with that type of cards. I run kernel 5.7.12 with simpnas and works like charm.

it doesn't work even on a newest kernel:

user@rockpro64:~$ uname -r
6.6.16-current-rockchip64

user@rockpro64:~$ sudo cat /etc/armbian-release |egrep -i "version|branch|board"
BOARD=rockpro64
BOARD_NAME="RockPro 64"
BOARDFAMILY=rockchip64
BOARD_TYPE=conf
VERSION=24.2.1
BRANCH=current

user@rockpro64:~$ sudo lspci -v -s 01:00.0
01:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s RAID Controller (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s RAID Controller
    Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 59
    Memory at fa040000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Expansion ROM at fa000000 [size=256K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [70] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [e0] SATA HBA v0.0
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting

 

After initiating it appeared with the disks connected:

 

user@rockpro64:~$ echo "0000:01:00.0" | sudo tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/bind

0000:01:00.0

@rockpro64:~$ sudo lspci -v -s 01:00.0
01:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s RAID Controller (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s RAID Controller
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 95
    Memory at fa040000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Expansion ROM at fa000000 [size=256K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [70] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [e0] SATA HBA v0.0
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Kernel driver in use: ahci

 

Thus the workaround with udev rules still needs to be applied.

 

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7453 was helpful

Edited by AndrewCo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.