Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Station P1 - unboxing

Featured Replies

Full disclosure: I was one of the winner of a free Station P1 and they ask to provide a few postings about it.

So this will be my first one where I unbox it.

 

Funnily  I did expect some kind a cardboard box but instead I received a plastic bag. Well, I take it.

PXL_20201215_121032891.jpg

Within the Fedex bag was another bag from DHL. No idea what happened there...

Anyway inside the bubble wrap I found a HDMI cable, a remote control a flyer presenting various products and (finally) a car

 

PXL_20201215_121121507.jpg

 

Apparently I received one of the first products since mine has the serial number 000049

PXL_20201215_121157665.jpg

 

After opening the box I was greeted with the Station P1 itself wrapped in a small bag which I already removed in the picture:

PXL_20201215_121208777.jpg

 

I have the say the housing is really nice. Seems well made. I won't bore you with more details because I am pretty confident that others like @NicoD will provide some close-up footage of his product :lol:

 

Anyway after digging deeper I found another box containing the antenna, a 100-240V to 12V DC power supply with US plug, a USB to USB-C cable, some buffers and a hex wrench:

PXL_20201215_121313993.jpg

 

Unfortunately I cannot power it since I life in Europe and the sent plug does not fit my sockets. Fortunately the power supply is providing far range input voltage so a simple plug adapter will do. Though I have to order one first.

Next I most likely will play with Armbian on Linux 5.10.x and at the end try some desktop playing using TwisterOS.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, Werner said:

Apparently I received one of the first products since mine has the serial number 000049

Mine is 000048. :thumbup:

I've got the NVMe hat on the way. I asked the people of Firefly. I only needed to pay for the hat, so I'm happy. The extra $30 for shipping was a bit too much for me. It's more than the device is worth. 
I don't know if I mentioned it already. I replaced the thick thermal pad with copper shims. It doesn't overheat anymore. I'll show it in my review video. I needed 2 copper shims on top of each other to reach the height of the thermal pad. With copper shims of double the height would probably perform a bit better.
image.png.3ef30599a6b27e27284bd8f416c5da13.png
Now the case does get very hot when used maxed out.
The CPU used to go over 85C and start throttling. Now maximum temperature is 79C and no throttling. Tho this is with 1.5Ghz/2Ghz overclock. With default clocks it didn't overheat.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, NicoD said:

I've got the NVMe hat on the way. I asked the people of Firefly. I only needed to pay for the hat, so I'm happy. The extra $30 for shipping was a bit too much for me.

Great :thumbup:

At my side I guess it depends on how much I fall  I love with the pbp which should arrive upcoming Monday. For either one of these devices I consider pickup up a NVMe adapter.

1 minute ago, Werner said:

At my side I guess it depends on how much I fall  I love with the pbp which should arrive upcoming Monday.

I would have loved to have the PBP. But it's a bit too expensive.
I've got my self made SBC "laptops". Either my first with a 7" 1024x600 display and Odroid C2 or RPi2b to save energy. All together -1A 5V.
And my 13.3" 1080p display either with M4V2 or Khadas VIM3. The display alone is 1.2A. I then clock my RK3399 to all cores 1Ghz for watching movies or internet. Uses less than 1A then. Still powerful enough.
Also got speakers in my display. So having this already I didn't see the sense in buying the PBP. Too bad they don't want to work with me. I'd love to have reviewed the PBP, the PinePhone, PineCube... 
I was the first to have a video about all those products since I filmed their stand at FOSDEM in 2019.
I now ordered a 60 000mAh power bank. I'll be able to use it for a week without charging. And it can charge with quickcharge. So in a rather short time I'll be able to charge it enough to last a long time. I can't wait for the lockdowns to be done so I can travel again. It's awesome to be able to use my desktop PC in my tent on solar power. 
Here a picture of my first box almost 5 years ago now. Doesn't look as good as PBP. But functions as I need it. 
image.thumb.png.1567a2f677f4e9b2e4b33e654d3a61cd.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.