Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mali GPU Drivers buggy

Featured Replies

Hi all, recently I installed the Mali GPU Drivers from the instructions on the official Armbian website. I have Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy installed, with KDE Plasma desktop. I found two problems:

 

1. The mouse flickers when I move it. This happens on both XFCE and Plasma (X11)

2. Every once in a while, the Plasma panels freeze and I have to reboot my OPI to get it to work. This also happens if I right-click on it and press "Enter Edit Mode". If I don't do that, it freezes randomly (afaik). This affects both the panels and the background (panels don't update, can't interact, cannot right-click).

 

Does anyone know of any solutions to this? Thanks!

Did you also update the kernel?

About the flickering cursor, I've seen that the cursor has been moved from hw to software because some had problems with a disappearing cursor.

Maybe it's because of the resolution/refresh rate you're using?

  • Author

Does Armbian have any plans to create their own Mali drivers? The current ones seem to have a lot of bugs, and also don't support OpenGL ES 3.0 as far as I can see, even though the G610 supports up to 3.2.

I am having the same occasional freeze issue(mouse won't move, all windows frozen in place, movie audio plays but picture won't move), but I found out that unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in seems to recover desktop withour rebooting. I have only tried this a few times so far since I only realized it recently.

Can someone confirm that it solves the freeze issue for them too?

I did also have these problems at the beginning, but I don't have seen them for about a month I think. No sure what made the difference,  I thought it was because there were some changes made in the drivers/kernel code.

I changed some settings in the kernel config, like disabled most of the debugging options, default scheduler at performance, timer at 1000hz, set the compiler at performance and some other settings with the scheduler. Maybe this fixed the lockups? Although this probably won't make a difference for the behavior of the cursor, or could the timer clock at 1000hz have reduced the flickering?

There are some minor problems like night light doesn't always work immediately but does start after I turn on the receiver or reboot the tv. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.