Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian_23.05.0.0027_Visionfive2_lunar_edge_5.15.0_minimal.img not booting from microSD

Featured Replies

Works with flash boot select, switches            00 Flash

won't boot directly from microSD, switches   01 SD

 

 

Edited by bigtreeman

I'd suggest renaming this topic to clarify armbian boots from an microSD but not with the dip-switches set to sd as this makes a big difference...

Hello

I bought a Starvision Five 2 and now I wanted to test the Armbian software. I downloaded the image and wrote it to the sd card with balena etcher and once with win32 diskimager. I inserted the card and switched the Starfive to boot from sd but nothing happened.

My question is what am I doing wrong, is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for your answers.

try setting the switches to 11 (UART) or 00 (Flash).

The boot mode selctor tells the board which bootloader should be used. armbian images don't contain the bootloader (u-boot) on the sd card so this setting won't work.

if you still run into issues try booting the sdcard.img provided by the manufacturer and update the bootloader per their description.

Edited by valium

  • Author

Hi FH87,

My first post wasn't a question, but a solution

don't set your switches to 11 (UART) unless you know what you're doing

 

building the sdcard image without boot partitions was lazy

armbian-config

1. Boot from SD, system on nvme doesn't work

4. Boot from flash, system on nvme also won't work

5. install boot to SD/EMMC won't work

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.