Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do I become the VisionFive2 maintainer?

Featured Replies

Hello there!

 

Over the past month and more I have been making many experiments - and right now, I am waiting for a finished product; a Docker container with musl-libc and gcc to serve as a "clean slate build environment". Initially, I had intended for this to be the environment for Alpine Linux - because I want the `alpine:3.19` container so half my software, including k3s, stops complaining xD - but figured, I made all those configs and have gathered all of this experience AND have a board right here - which is where I am putting my container together, too. Yep, those four cores are working overtime, since a month straight, between dozen revisions and rebuilds.

 

I still have to finalize my U-Boot and OpenSBI config; but this is what my kernel has right now:

```

# cat /boot/config-6.6.0-g076ede06c00a | grep -E "JH7110|JH7100|SIFIVE|STARFIVE|VISIONFIVE"
# CONFIG_SOC_SIFIVE is not set
CONFIG_ARCH_STARFIVE=y
CONFIG_SOC_STARFIVE=y
CONFIG_ERRATA_SIFIVE=y
CONFIG_ERRATA_SIFIVE_CIP_453=y
CONFIG_ERRATA_SIFIVE_CIP_1200=y
CONFIG_PCIE_STARFIVE_HOST=y
CONFIG_DWMAC_STARFIVE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_SIFIVE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_SIFIVE_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_HW_RANDOM_JH7110=y
CONFIG_SPI_SIFIVE=m
CONFIG_PINCTRL_STARFIVE_JH7100=y
CONFIG_PINCTRL_STARFIVE_JH7110=y
CONFIG_PINCTRL_STARFIVE_JH7110_SYS=y
CONFIG_PINCTRL_STARFIVE_JH7110_AON=y
# CONFIG_GPIO_SIFIVE is not set
CONFIG_STARFIVE_WATCHDOG=y
CONFIG_DRM_VERISILICON_STARFIVE_HDMI=y
CONFIG_SND_SOC_STARFIVE=y
CONFIG_SND_SOC_JH7110_PWMDAC=y
CONFIG_SND_SOC_JH7110_TDM=y
CONFIG_USB_CDNS3_STARFIVE=y
CONFIG_MMC_DW_STARFIVE=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_STARFIVE_CAMSS=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH71X0=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7100=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7100_AUDIO=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7110_PLL=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7110_SYS=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7110_AON=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7110_STG=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7110_ISP=y
CONFIG_CLK_STARFIVE_JH7110_VOUT=y
CONFIG_STARFIVE_JH7110_TIMER=y
CONFIG_SIFIVE_CCACHE=y
# CONFIG_PWM_SIFIVE is not set
CONFIG_SIFIVE_PLIC=y
CONFIG_RESET_STARFIVE_JH71X0=y
# CONFIG_RESET_STARFIVE_JH7100 is not set
CONFIG_RESET_STARFIVE_JH7110=y
CONFIG_PHY_STARFIVE_JH7110_DPHY_RX=y
CONFIG_PHY_STARFIVE_JH7110_PCIE=y
CONFIG_PHY_STARFIVE_JH7110_USB=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_JH7110=y

```

 

And those are required. There is a porting page about the currently outstanding patches that have yet to be accepted into mainline, so I am just effectively living on this: https://github.com/starfive-tech/linux/tree/JH7110_VisionFive2_upstream (note the branch). This is Linux 6.6.0. I am also working on merging Imaginary's GPU drivers - currently based on 6.6.0-rc1 - into this tree, but Github won't let me post it... Oh well; the merge is just four files.

 

Aside from that, there are also repos for MESA and the linux-firmware; constituting two packages specific to this board - or rather, this GPU. I wish they had made the driver itself a DKIM one... would've been more portable, I suppose.

 

Anyway; with all of this said, I have a few questions:

 

1. Where does one apply for maintainership? The VF2 currently has none.

2. How, in the automated build process (`compile.sh` in the `armbian/build` repo), do I specify config snippets for this specific soc/board for kernel, u-boot and openspi?

3. Anything else I need?

 

Kind regards,

Ingwie

Solved by SteeMan

  • Author

Apologies for the late reply; tapped the solution button whilst on the train ^^ 

 

I will sit down and work this out; currently working on somehow getting the merged kernel posted to Github. Both of them - ImaginaryGPU and StarFive - have "stopped" as they await merges, which ought to take a while.

In fact, the kernel setup is what "worries" me most. The rest? Probably easy-peasy. :) 

Anyways, thanks for the pointers - time to get to work!

I want to revert to the community build of vf2 (server ubuntu/debian) because I don't need a GUI. Noticed that the jh7110 of openwrt can be built normally, using the 6.6.x kernel. So what can I do to revert to the community rolling release for this board?🤔

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.