Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unable to play avi files after enable 3D acceleration

Featured Replies

Armbian Jammy Gnome desktop and following those commands to enable 3D  acceleration :

Quote

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia

sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt install mali-g610-firmware rockchip-multimedia-config

 

then the mpv can not play any .avi files , Terminal output “segment error” . but .mp4 files can be played normally .

and I tried running mpv using root or sudo to play .avi files , it can played normally .

I am very troubled by this issue, please provide assistance.

3 часа назад, NicoD сказал:

I use MPV for most, but some files it doesn't play well.

🙃

 

p/s/ by the way, I checked Firefox - it plays 1440p video to full screen without brakes. I tried 2160p - there is not enough Internet channel. All local 4k video files (4096x2160) - reproduces without problems.

 

  • Author
7 hours ago, balbes150 said:

p/s/ by the way, I checked Firefox - it plays 1440p video to full screen without brakes. I tried 2160p - there is not enough Internet channel. All local 4k video files (4096x2160) - reproduces without problems.

Is it work in orangepi 5b ?

I tried build an IMG file with edge kernel use Armbian Linux Build Framework, it can boot up system, but HDMI and USB-type-c output nothing.

  • Author
9 hours ago, NicoD said:

Try Kodi and see if that works. I use MPV for most, but some files it doesn't play well.
sudo apt install kodi

I tried useing root user or sudo to run mpv, it can play any video file well, but normal user play avi file falied.

So I guess it could be due to permission issues, but I don't know where the problem lies.

  • Author
On 10/26/2023 at 9:09 PM, balbes150 said:

p/s/ by the way, I checked Firefox - it plays 1440p video to full screen without brakes. I tried 2160p - there is not enough Internet channel. All local 4k video files (4096x2160) - reproduces without problems.

It look like no support very well for orangepi 5b.

It can start desktop, but without Graphics hardware acceleration.

The highest resolution is 1920x1080 on 4k monitor.

WIFI and bluetooth not work.

Onboard EMMC not work.

😂

  • Author

I found a solution and the fault disappeared when I switched to the kernel version 5.10.110 .

----

update:

It must be change kernel version base on armbian edge version.

you can choose kernel version 5.10.110 or 5.10.160, can play any video file by MPV well.

Edited by callcz

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.