May 18, 20242 yr CPU : RK3566 / Mali-G52 GPU RAM : 2GB/4GB LPDDR4 ROM : eMMC 16G/32G/64G Bluetooth : BT 5.0 DC In : DC 5V/2A USB Host : 2 High speed USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader : TF Card reader Lan : RJ45 Ethernet port 1GiB Wifi : Built-in Wifi, 802.1.1b/g/n/ac ; 2.4G/5G SPDIF : Coaxial(Optical) DTB: rk3566-slzn.dtb
May 18, 20242 yr Author Currently able to start normally: HDMI:✔ USB2.0: ✔(only one) USB3.0:✔ Card Reader:✔
May 18, 20242 yr Author Can anyone tell me how to repair the Ethernet port? The error log is as follows: [ 26.619270] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Failed to reset the dma [ 26.621884] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_hw_setup: DMA engine initialization failed [ 26.624545] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: __stmmac_open: Hw setup failed [ 26.769290] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: Register MEM_TYPE_PAGE_POOL RxQ-0 [ 26.774068] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: PHY [stmmac-1:00] driver [Generic PHY] (irq=POLL) [ 26.777878] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: No normal pinctrl state [ 26.780446] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: No idle pinctrl state [ 26.784638] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: IDMAC supports 32-bit address mode. [ 26.788899] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: Using internal DMA controller. [ 26.791572] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: Version ID is 270a [ 26.796881] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: DW MMC controller at irq 68,32 bit host data width,256 deep fifo [ 26.880900] platform mtd_vendor_storage: deferred probe pending [ 26.881880] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: No normal pinctrl state [ 26.886026] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: No idle pinctrl state [ 26.888690] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: IDMAC supports 32-bit address mode. [ 26.891380] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: Using internal DMA controller. [ 26.893932] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: Version ID is 270a [ 26.896371] dwmmc_rockchip fe2c0000.dwmmc: DW MMC controller at irq 68,32 bit host data width,256 deep fifo [ 27.776978] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Failed to reset the dma [ 27.779377] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_hw_setup: DMA engine initialization failed [ 27.781771] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: __stmmac_open: Hw setup failed
May 18, 20242 yr 4 hours ago, gen ha said: USB2.0: ✔(only one) Find the USB port list and change 1 port USB from OTG to HOST &usbdrd_dwc3 { dr_mode = "otg"; extcon = <&usb2phy0>; status = "okay"; }; &usbdrd_dwc3 { dr_mode = "host"; extcon = <&usb2phy0>; status = "okay"; }; Edited May 18, 20242 yr by Hqnicolas
May 18, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, maka said: You have to change the mdio ethernet phy from 0 to 1 in your DTB. @gen ha it's happnd because you're using a RK3568 DTS to build an RK3566 DTS and it will mess with Mdio this is your solution: &mdio1 { rgmii_phy1: phy@0 { compatible = "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22"; reg = <0x0>; }; }; &gmac1 { phy-mode = "rgmii"; clock_in_out = "input"; snps,reset-gpio = <&gpio2 RK_PD1 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>; snps,reset-active-low; /* Reset time is 20ms, 100ms for rtl8211f */ snps,reset-delays-us = <0 20000 100000>; assigned-clocks = <&cru SCLK_GMAC1_RX_TX>, <&cru SCLK_GMAC1>; assigned-clock-parents = <&cru SCLK_GMAC1_RGMII_SPEED>, <&gmac1_clkin>; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&gmac1m1_miim &gmac1m1_tx_bus2 &gmac1m1_rx_bus2 &gmac1m1_rgmii_clk &gmac1m1_rgmii_bus &gmac1m1_clkinout>; tx_delay = <0x4f>; rx_delay = <0x26>; phy-handle = <&rgmii_phy1>; status = "okay"; }; Edited May 18, 20242 yr by Hqnicolas
May 18, 20242 yr Author Spoiler Hqnicolas @Hqnicolas HDMI:✔ USB2.0 X 2: ✔ USB3.0:✔ Card Reader:✔ Thanks! Effective, all three USB ports can be used now. Edited May 18, 20242 yr by gen ha
May 18, 20242 yr 6 hours ago, Hqnicolas said: it's happnd because you're using a RK3568 DTS to build an RK3566 DTS and it will mess with Mdio to use RK3568 DTS on RK3566 chip you will need to add these lines on the botom of dts &gpu_opp_table { /delete-node/ opp-800000000; }; &dmc_opp_table { opp-324000000 { opp-hz = /bits/ 64 <324000000>; opp-microvolt = <875000>; }; opp-528000000 { opp-hz = /bits/ 64 <528000000>; opp-microvolt = <875000>; }; }; &cpu0_opp_table { /delete-node/ opp-1992000000; opp-216000000 { opp-hz = /bits/ 64 <216000000>; opp-microvolt = <825000 825000 1150000>; clock-latency-ns = <40000>; }; opp-312000000 { opp-hz = /bits/ 64 <312000000>; opp-microvolt = <825000 825000 1150000>; clock-latency-ns = <40000>; }; }; /delete-node/ &combphy0_us; /delete-node/ &gmac0_clkin; /delete-node/ &gmac0_xpcsclk; /delete-node/ &gmac0; /delete-node/ &gmac_uio0; /delete-node/ &pcie30_phy_grf; /delete-node/ &pcie30phy; /delete-node/ &pcie3x1; /delete-node/ &pcie3x2; /delete-node/ &qos_pcie3x1; /delete-node/ &qos_pcie3x2; /delete-node/ &qos_sata0; /delete-node/ &sata0;
May 19, 20242 yr Author @ Hqnicolas The network card is still unable to receive data, and the reason is unclear. In the past, connecting the network port was a simple task, but now it seems very difficult😂 [ 25.313329] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: Register MEM_TYPE_PAGE_POOL RxQ-0 [ 25.318206] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: PHY [stmmac-1:00] driver [Generic PHY] (irq=POLL) [ 25.321898] dwmac4: Master AXI performs any burst length [ 25.324480] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: No Safety Features support found [ 25.327033] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: IEEE 1588-2008 Advanced Timestamp supported [ 25.329956] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: registered PTP clock [ 25.333601] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet eth0: configuring for phy/rmii link mode
August 9, 20242 yr how to use this dtb file?I only find a guide for amlogic, 1: burn the image to an SD card 2: modify /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf to set dtb 3: copy the correct uboot for your box 4: enable multiboot on the box I don't konw if this same to Rockchip CPU, for step1 I cannot find the image named "Linux 6.1.43 Rk35xx..." in the capture. Then step 2, I see some modify in DTB, such as "Find the USB port list and change 1 port USB from OTG to HOST", but I open the .dtb file, it seems raw binary file, how can I read and save this file,some tools or rules? And no idea for uboot and how to enable multiboot for this Tanix Tx66 TVbox. Thank you so much for any clarification you can provide!
August 9, 20242 yr Now I find a project https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian can build image. In its model_database.conf file, I find Rockchip RK3566 Family share one mainline uboot called u-boot.itb. And device-tree-compiler seems can modify .dtb file. I will build one image to test, but still doubt with how to enable multiboot.
August 9, 20242 yr Quote I will build one image to test, but still doubt with how to enable multiboot. you don´t need to do nothing, it will boot from sd if all is right in sd.
August 9, 20242 yr Cannot work. I use panther-x2 image and change /boot/armbianEnv.txt, "fdtfile=rockchip/rk3566-panther-x2.dtb" to "fdtfile=rockchip/rk3566-slzn.dtb". also paste rk3566-slzn.dtb to dtb folder, but black screen when power on. I try to build new image, but I cannot understand boot.cmd and boot.scr.
August 9, 20242 yr @lucksufe Are you using Armbian or ophub images? If the later then you need to ask your build question in the ophub pages as they are an unrelated fork of Armbian. Given what you have said above, you are following instructions for Amlogic TV boxes which have nothing to do with your rockchip based box. Do not follow those instructions. Why are you expecting the panther-x2 image to work on your box? Each box is different and generally needs an image specific to that hardware. If you are using an Armbian image, then @maka stated you should be able to write the image to an SD card, put that card into a linux machine, edit the files you are talking about and then move that SD card to your box and boot.
August 9, 20242 yr Quote also paste rk3566-slzn.dtb to dtb folder, but black screen when power on. That means the box is trying to boot. I would try the h96 or jp rk3566 image ang the box-demo DTB file.
August 10, 20242 yr @SteeMan I'm using ophub images, I thought both armbian images, I will try Armbian image. panther-x2 is also RK3566, in my opinion same CPU share same image just different DTBs. Thank you for giving me some initial understanding. Edited August 10, 20242 yr by lucksufe @ a wrong name
August 10, 20242 yr By the way. Is there any convenient way to modify file in SD card? After I burn image to SD card, my computer(Windows 11) cannot recognize it, I use another armbian machine modify the SD card currently. Can I use my Windows computer modify the file? I searched in search engine not find useful infomation.
August 10, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, lucksufe said: By the way. Is there any convenient way to modify file in SD card? You can use any method that will recognize an ext4 linux file system. Windows does not by default. But if you installed WSL then I think you can, but I don't use windows.
August 10, 20242 yr @lucksufe Where did you get a dtb for your box? The reason I ask is if you are using an android dtb it won't work with mainline linux.
August 10, 20242 yr @SteeMan I use rk3566-slzn.dtb right in this post. And use device-tree-compiler change one usb info from otg to host.
August 10, 20242 yr Seems your DTB is for vendor kernel so you have to use an rk356x image with 6.1.x kernel.
August 11, 20242 yr @maka I just install wsl2 to compile image, I use ./compile.sh EXPERT="yes" find some rk3566 borad such as H96-tvbox-3566, the output image file is "Armbian-unofficial_24.8.0-trunk_H96-tvbox-3566_bookworm_current_6.6.44.img", seems kernel is 6.6.44. Anyway, I will try this image first.
August 11, 20242 yr Have tried several dtbs, not work. And find no way to change kernel version, only current and edge can be chosen.
August 11, 20242 yr Looks you don't know how to download. The imgs you need are here https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/tag/24.8.0-trunk.495 You can use h66k images.
December 21, 20241 yr Hi all, was able to run with https://github.com/bigtreetech/CB2/releases and access the network with USB-Ethernet adapter (RTL8153). 1. Download https://github.com/bigtreetech/CB2/releases/download/V1.0.5/CB2_Debian11_Klipper_kernel4.19_20240716.img.xz 2. Flash it to MicroSD with Raspberry Pi Imager. 3. Replace dtb/rockchips/rk3566-bigtreetech-pi2.dtb to rk3566-slzn.dtb from start-topic. 4. In boot/scripts/btt_init.sh add in end sting: sudo service KlipperScreen stop 5. Run it. Login credentials: biqu/biqu I have installed XFCE - HDMI & audio works! But Wifi/bt (BCM4358) and native Ethernet not works. I'd really appreciate some help with wifi/ethernet.
December 22, 20241 yr 22 hours ago, AgentOfChaos said: _kernel4.19_20240716.img.xz Please stop using deprecated kernel versions, update it to 6.1+ or delete it.....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.