Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I´m willing for LXQT, aren´t you?

Featured Replies

Gnome has win popularity for our boxes because of wayland replacing XCFE. The reason is that panfrost driver works much better with mali in wayland. But LXQT has reached wayland now and is a true lighter desktop. When 2.1 gets the repo this will become true.

Edited by maka

  • maka changed the title to I´m willing for LXQT, aren´t you?
  • Author

You know is light when your pc is responsive and temperature is lower. I don't use any software but there is so much difference that you know.

 

I have used LXQT in the past (decade ago maybe) but I mostly use KDE nowadays. (currently KDE6 on N100-8GB and z8350-4GB). For my new ROCK3A I booted the KDE Neon Noble based desktop image on my ROCK3A (2GB RAM, older Sandisk 32GB SD-card). This is 2GHz RK3568 and was surprised how well that worked.

I did buy the ROCK3A for SPI-flash, U-boot, SATA, server, KVM operation, but it is great that also KDE6 works on it. I was mainline based kernel 6.6.62, I might try again with 6.1.84, but that will mainly be to see how well I can get the video codecs to work (in browser, but also as server-like for jellyfin). Same for RK3588-8GB, that is also OK for 'heavy' YouTube etc.

Quote

What do you mean by heavy youtube?

That is hard to say as every has likely their own google-specific account experience. And/or lots of ads loading in the background, that kills performance.

More specific to what Youtube originally is (or was?) is playing a video. Now that is even harder to say something about, as resolution, frame-per-second and codec are an important factor. It is 4k60fps VP9 on a Soc with no working VP9 HW decoding for example. Or 720p30 h264 done SW decoding. Etc.

So the DE might be light, if use-case is mostly webbrowser usage, that will determine the experience of slow or fast.

But I do not know what your use case is. I use some basic local homeautomation webserver for example, so easy for a simple low-cost SoC.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.