Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

armbian-install missing device names?

Featured Replies

running 24.8.3, and Armbian-install's screen looks like this:

Current root: UUID=117b851b-2be0-4bb7-8572-7edce1ef7375
              SD card (/dev/mmcblk1)
1  Boot from SD - system on SATA, USB or NVMe
2  Boot from  - system on
3  Boot from  - system on SATA, USB or NVMe
5  Install/Update the bootloader on SD card (/dev/mmcblk1)

 

I have a µSD card inserted and a 4gb eMMC, but it looks like the names of these devices are missing?

Edited by Meestor_X

  • Author
1 hour ago, Igor said:

By showing symptoms without logs people can only tell you that "something is wrong" ;) Which you already know.

Right you are!
Is this the preferred method to send logs?

 

  • Author
1 hour ago, brentr said:

What is the output of:

 

ls -l  /dev/mmcblk*

#  ls -l  /dev/mmcblk*
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179,  0 Dec 12 00:46 /dev/mmcblk0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179,  1 Dec 12 00:46 /dev/mmcblk0p1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179, 32 Dec 12 00:46 /dev/mmcblk1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179, 33 Dec 12 00:46 /dev/mmcblk1p1

 

Edited by Meestor_X

  • Author
9 hours ago, Igor said:

Yes, that is best way

 

Ok, I'm not sure that it's working?

# armbianmonitor -u
Collecting info and sending to paste.armbian.com, wait...
/usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 976: iostat: command not found
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<body>
<pre>Cannot POST /log</pre>
</body>
</html>
Please post the URL in the forum where you've been asked for.

 

9 hours ago, Igor said:

is eMMC device recognized and it seems it is.

Yes, it's recognized and working as expected. The system runs off of the eMMC when there's no bootable image on the µSD card or no card inserted.

 

9 hours ago, Igor said:

try updating to latest daily builds ...

To do a fresh install of Armbian would take quite a while, I had tried a couple of days ago, but Armbian-install wasn't working so I went back to 24.8.3.
However, I tried apt update/upgrade and ran into a new problem...

 

13 hours ago, Meestor_X said:

in a PM to you

 

There is no need for privacy as logs don't carry any private information.

 

And I didn't ask you to send me anything :) I advised you how you should present information to this community in order to meet minimum requirements. Who will look into this, I don't know. There is no warranty anyone will - support is "best effort". This is best we can do. Personally I am overloaded with problems for years, so I won't be resolving this problem. Not anytime soon. To have a picture on how much problems are thrown our / my way ... We will hire few people eventually to help us helping you around your endless problems faster. I have no better idea.

 

As you can see, even our paste server is broken and need fixing ...

  • Author

Copy that, @Igor. Just learning my way around here.

 

3 hours ago, Igor said:

We will hire few people eventually to help us helping you around your endless problems faster

Hopefully my donation will help a little!

 

I appreciate you and your team. Armbian is a great gift to the SBC community.

Edited by Meestor_X

  • Author

Ok, I see the problem, but not the solution.

In main() there is this code to find which mmcblk# device is the eMMC and which is the SD card.

	# find real mmcblk device numbered 0, 1, 2 for eMMC, SD
	for ret in $(find /dev -name 'mmcblk[0-2]' -and -type b)
	do
		if [ -b ${ret}boot0 ];then
			emmc_dev=$ret
		else
			sd_dev=$ret
		fi
	done

 

The issue is that there's no "boot0" file at either device. I've no idea how to ACTUALLY determine which is which, except I know in my case the eMMC is ALWAYS mmcblk0 and the SD card is ALWAYS mmcblk1. I expect that's not always true, but for my purposes, I can do:

emmc_dev='/dev/mmcblk0'

sd_dev='/dev/mmcblk1'

 

and the names populate correctly in the menu. Again, not a solution by any means, I've done some scouring on the 'net to see if there's any good way to determine the block name of the SD and eMMC, but I can't find anything.

 

Edited by Meestor_X

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.