Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NVMe Speed Slow

Featured Replies

I have built an Orange Pi 5 Plus systems. I have a 256gb eMMC card which seems to run as speed would expect. Yet when I test the NVMe drive I get slow speeds compared to what is suggested to get. I have seen other people posts that suggest they are getting at least 4gb/s using NVME drives. I have searched for other issues but there is no errors in the logs just can't get the speeds I was expecting.

 

I have the following which suggests at least 5gb/s

 

KINGSTON SNV3S500G 

 

I have formatted it using Ext4.


 

root@orangepi5-plus:/boot# hdparm -Tt /dev/nvme0n1

/dev/nvme0n1:
 Timing cached reads:   2804 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1404.10 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 1394 MB in  3.00 seconds = 464.64 MB/sec

 

  • Author

This is the speed that I should be getting from the drive.

 

500GB – 5,000/3,000MB/s

 

Even benchmark sites are showing the following. 

 

Sequential Read - 4,334 MBytes/Sec

Sequential Write - 3,478 MBytes/Sec

Random Seek Read Write (IOPS 32KQD20) - 2,226 MBytes/Sec

IOPS 4KQD163 MBytes/Sec

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.