Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

apt upgrade → Size + hash Sum mismatches → Mirror sync in progress?

Featured Replies

@Igor: Thank you very much for this fast fix! It works for me!

 

My System is an Odroid HC1, booting from SD with rootfs on HDD: I wrote the minimal image to a new SD card, copied the required files from the boot directory to my “real” SD card and adjusted the UUID of the rootdev in boot.ini. The NAS is running again ... quick and dirty.
 

Stay healthy, the flu is around

 

I found the new image here: https://armbian.nardol.ovh/dl/odroidxu4/archive/

Edited by else.ganz
link for the minimal-Image

9 hours ago, pauet said:

I have downgraded kernel on my odroid xu4 and now is booting again.

 

 

Which host OS did you use? I struggle with a fresh debian install and passing your commands as root, I stuck with `chroot` (`bash: chroot: command not found`)

For combination sd card only for boot and usb flash drive for OS is copy "new" boot folder from sd card to usb flash drive way to go or I must do something else ?

Is there any routine/process description available for getting the improved kernel, a runinng OMV? As I'm not an software expert, more a user, it seems to me too complicate to repair my HC1.

 

Probably a complete new installation of OMV7 is the easier way as the data at my HDD are safe.

Edited by Valsi

I cant go on..
 

root@debian:/# apt install linux-image-current-odroidxu4=24.11.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  linux-image-current-odroidxu4
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 30.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 14.2 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Ign:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
Ign:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
Ign:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
Err:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
  Could not resolve 'apt.armbian.com'
E: Failed to fetch http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-6.6.60/linux-image-current-odroidxu4_24.11.1_armhf__1-S6ed4-D0531-P1633-C3a73H5845-HK01ba-V014b-B59f0-R448a.deb  Could not resolve 'apt.armbian.com'
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

 

....E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing? - did not help 🤕

Edited by odroidhc2

I did it in one Odroid HC2 and it is up agin:
v25.2.1 for Odroid XU4 running Armbian Linux 6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
 

One more to fix...

Second Odroid HC2 is up.

This one boot from sd card and OS is on USB stick.
I did all steps on sd card and did not copy anything to USB stick.
Boot is ok and all my files and folder are ok.

I did all that with local downloaded files without problem.
Maybe it is DNS problem...

 

Tnx @pauet for fix 👍

Edited by odroidhc2

3 hours ago, odroidhc2 said:
apt install linux-image-current-odroidxu4=24.11.1

 

I used this command on a HC running OMV (armbian) which was not restarted with success!

 

root@armbianomv:~# apt install linux-image-current-odroidxu4=24.11.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  linux-image-current-odroidxu4
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 30.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 14.2 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 http://netcup.armbian.com/apt bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1 [30.7 MB]
Fetched 30.7 MB in 4s (8521 kB/s)
dpkg: warning: downgrading linux-image-current-odroidxu4 from 25.2.1 to 24.11.1
(Reading database ... 34762 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../linux-image-current-odroidxu4_24.11.1_armhf.deb ...
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.75-current-odroidxu4': 'prerm' starting.
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.75-current-odroidxu4': 'prerm' finishing.
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.60-current-odroidxu4': 'preinst' starting.
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.60-current-odroidxu4': 'preinst' finishing.
Unpacking linux-image-current-odroidxu4 (24.11.1) over (25.2.1) ...
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.75-current-odroidxu4': 'postrm' starting.
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.75-current-odroidxu4': 'postrm' finishing.
Setting up linux-image-current-odroidxu4 (24.11.1) ...
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.60-current-odroidxu4': 'postinst' starting.
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
update-initramfs: Armbian: Converting to u-boot format: /boot/uInitrd-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
Image Name:   uInitrd
Created:      Thu Feb 13 12:50:07 2025
Image Type:   ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size:    13361420 Bytes = 13048.26 KiB = 12.74 MiB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point:  00000000
update-initramfs: Armbian: Symlinking /boot/uInitrd-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4 to /boot/uInitrd
'/boot/uInitrd' -> 'uInitrd-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4'
update-initramfs: Armbian: done.
Remove unused generated file: /boot/uInitrd-6.6.75-current-odroidxu4
Remove unused generated file: /boot/initrd.img-6.6.75-current-odroidxu4
Armbian: update last-installed kernel symlink to 'zImage'...
'/boot/zImage' -> 'vmlinuz-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4'
Armbian: Debian compat: linux-update-symlinks install 6.6.60-current-odroidxu4 boot/vmlinuz-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
I: /vmlinuz.old is now a symlink to boot/vmlinuz-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
I: /initrd.img.old is now a symlink to boot/initrd.img-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
I: /vmlinuz is now a symlink to boot/vmlinuz-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
I: /initrd.img is now a symlink to boot/initrd.img-6.6.60-current-odroidxu4
Armbian 'linux-image-current-odroidxu4' for '6.6.60-current-odroidxu4': 'postinst' finishing.
root@armbianomv:~#

 

18 hours ago, Werner said:

/sbin/chroot instead of chroot might work

That did the trick indeed! Thanks a million Werner!

 

4 hours ago, odroidhc2 said:
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Ign:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
Ign:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
Ign:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
Err:1 http://apt.armbian.com bookworm/main armhf linux-image-current-odroidxu4 armhf 24.11.1
  Could not resolve 'apt.armbian.com'
E: Failed to fetch http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-6.6.60/linux-image-current-odroidxu4_24.11.1_armhf__1-S6ed4-D0531-P1633-C3a73H5845-HK01ba-V014b-B59f0-R448a.deb  Could not resolve 'apt.armbian.com'
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Now I'm stuck here as well 😢

 

2 hours ago, Igor said:

This looks like DNS problem / or lack of apt update command before installation.

I tried running "apt update" but the problem persists.

 

How could I solve DNS problems? I'm first time doing chroot and I actually have around 0 clue what I do...

 

I tried nslookup in the chroot shell but that is not available...

 

Trying ping on google does indeed indicate hostnames cant be resolved 😭

 

I guess quickest fix would be just to download the package files from server via IP address and install them manually?

 

 

Edited by boat

2 hours ago, odroidhc2 said:


I did all that with local downloaded files without problem.

 

Could you drop a line or two on how to do this please?

 

I can see wget is available but I don't even manage to localize the .deb packages with a IP address to download 😭

 

Thank's a lot!

Edited by boat

Thank's for your answer. If I understand correct you downloaded outside of chroot then and copied the files over? What command did you use in the terminal to install the deb packages inside chroot please?

Thank's Igor! I tried the docs but didn't find a hint on manual installing deb packages... with google fu I found the command "dpkg -i" that I tried but sadly failed:

 

image.thumb.png.35c8e4780a72f6bf3ae7b90bdafc1932.png

 

Forums are always great so users can help other users... specially who are in the same boat 🚣‍♂️

 

Keep up the great work with armbian!

It looks a bit better with "apt install ./filename.deb" but for whatever reason I get a permission denied error despite being root. Maybe some chroot specialty I'm not aware of?

 

image.thumb.png.7f1b1f4fcd4afed82b41c7a9f010f3b0.png

 

So close to get the system working again but also so far.... 😫

 

Also tried chmod 777 on the deb files (root is already owner) but still the permission denied error.... I'm out of clue with a big headache trying since two days getting this thing working again just hitting about every tree on the way 😣

 

@odroidhc2 how did you manage installing the deb files in chroot?

Edited by boat

25 minutes ago, boat said:

Forums are always great so users can help other users...


Yes of course. But documentation or FAQ should be somewhere and up2date. Its a lot of work / impossible for our small team to cover all aspects of a Linux system. But for at least Armbian specifics - which this is - we might have somehting.

Thanks!

Made yesterday a complete new installation OMV7 on microSD card and now HC1 is running as before the kernel issue. As long as data are safe and back-up is available, it is the easiest way.

Hope this will not happen again with the next update..

Edited by Valsi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.