Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turn off the leds (pwr_led)

Featured Replies

Solved by Torte

It largely depends on the system.

 

A simple "echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/system-led/brightness" will kill the heartbeat on a T6. (The heartbeat itself is activated in the DTB.)

 

The other leds should available along the same path (user_led, etc.).

NB I have found no other way of restoring the heartbeat than rebooting.

  • Solution

I wrote a small guide for customizing the status LED's behaviour on the MKS-Klipad50 board.

 

The available LEDs and their names in "/sys/class/leds/" will be different on other boards, but the general behaviour should be the same. Just make sure to change the filenames like "firefly:blue:user" in the examples to those available on your system.

 

  • Author

Below is the brightness file I found in the /sys folder. Unfortunately, I can't turn off the pwr_led light no matter what I try. I have been able to turn off the light on devices such as raspberry 3b and king3399 before, so I don't know if it is a system problem?

 

# root @ nanopct4 in /sys [12:13:15]

$ find . -name "*brightness*"

./devices/platform/gpio-leds/leds/status_led/brightness

./devices/platform/gpio-leds/leds/status_led/max_brightness

./devices/platform/fe330000.mmc/leds/mmc2::/brightness

./devices/platform/fe330000.mmc/leds/mmc2::/max_brightness

(Please ignore, this doesn't apply to the NanoPC T4)

 

You can try if the LEDs show up after "sudo modprobe pinctrl-rk805".


The switch from rockchip64 kernel 6.6.x to 6.12.x included a change that made the "pinctrl-rk805" being built as a module instead of compiled-in. That module does not get autoloaded, so it has to be added to /etc/modules.
On the Klipad50, the gpio-leds are attached to the rk805 gpio bank, which is not known to the system without that kernel module. Only after loading that module, the LEDs appeared under /sys/class/leds and started working.
 

Edit:

- Board is NanoPC T4 - sorry, I haven't seen the label
- The NanoPC T4 does not have the rk805 controller, so this posting does not apply.

 

Edit#2:

Do "sudo gpioset 0 13=1" or "sudo gpioset 0 13=0" change the LED state?

Edited by Torte

I managed to disable heartbeat.

I am running HA based on debian trixie and my it was only led i could change to off

echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/state-led/brightness



 

 

Edited by linuxenjoerno

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.