Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.78_minimal NOT FOND WIFI

Featured Replies

I'm generating an image version and I noticed that WIFI is not being activated. Until the Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.58_minimal version it worked and after that it stopped. Can someone help?

Solved by Guilherme

There are two things - from a quick log check - that are missing:


- enabling "something" in the /boot/firmware/config.txt  This can be an overlay telling to enable certain overlay specific for CM4

- firmware files (which are for Bluetooth):
 

[    6.374743] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: firmware Patch file not found, tried:
[    6.374779] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: 'brcm/BCM4345C0.raspberrypi,4-compute-module.hcd'
[    6.374787] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: 'brcm/BCM4345C0.hcd'
[    6.374795] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: 'brcm/BCM.raspberrypi,4-compute-module.hcd'
[    6.374802] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: 'brcm/BCM.hcd'

 

Let me check ...

  • Author

But in my case, it's the WIFI that stopped in the kernel Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.58_minimal. I didn't do any of that and it works because I now have to change /boot/firmware/config.txt.

Note that the wifi also presents this error [7.388838] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

 

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Igor:

what needs to be set in /boot/firmware/config.txt in order to get full functionality. This is the same as in official OS.

Maybe country code for wifi must be set.

8 minutes ago, Guilherme said:

But in my case, it's the WIFI that stopped in the kernel Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.58_minimal. I didn't do any of that and it works because I now have to change /boot/firmware/config.txt.

Note that the wifi also presents this error [7.388838] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

 

Yes, and there is also PCI error before that - could be hw related.


I was testing RPi Zero 2W and Rpi5 about two weeks ago and both WiFi worked OOB. Did you try booting our latest official image? We are using K6.12.y since last release and also if you build from sources now, it will be 6.12.y

 

 

Is the armbian firmware package installed? This error means the firmware is missing or not found:

[    6.382883] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,4-compute-module.bin failed with error -2
[    6.382928] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin failed with error -2

 

What carrier board are you using? If not using the RPI carrier, you may need to adjust pins to get Wifi to work. Also, make sure your eeprom is up to date. 

 

  • Author

I'm running the script like this ./compile.sh build BOARD="rpi4b" BRANCH="current" BUILD_DESKTOP="no" BUILD_MINIMAL="yes" CLEAN_LEVEL="make-kernel,alldebs,images,cache EXPERT="yes" KERNEL_CONFIGURE="no" NEWPKG="yes" OFFLINE_WORK="no" RELEASE="jammy"

  • Author

igor, is it possible to set the kernel version to 6.6.58 in the image generation line below? I know it's in KERNELBRANCH but I don't know how to set it to 6.6.58. Can you help?
./compile.sh build BOARD="rpi4b" BRANCH="current" KERNELBRANCH="current" BUILD_DESKTOP="no" BUILD_MINIMAL="yes" CLEAN_LEVEL="make-kernel,alldebs,images,cache" EXPERT="yes" KERNEL_CONFIGURE="no" NEWPKG="true" OFFLINE_WORK="no" RELEASE="jammy"

  • Author
  • Solution

I managed to solve it by installing the package sudo apt install armbian-firmware. Strange that version prior to Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.58_minimal did not need to do this installation.

Edited by Guilherme

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.