Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USB wifi install

Featured Replies

Good day to all, please help. How can I install the ath9k_htc driver. 

Information:

v25.5 rolling for MXQ running Armbian Linux 6.12.20-current-meson

Packages:     Debian stable (bookworm)

- lsusb: Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n

1) apt-get update & apt install firmware-ath9k-htc

reboot
 -- plug usb wifi system freezes

reboot
 apt remove firmware-ath9k-htc

system work.

dmesg | grep -i usb

Цитата

[    2.805337] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    3.143563] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc2
[    3.363091] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[    3.663704] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc2
[    3.833849] usb-storage 1-1.1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[    3.837475] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1.1:1.0
[    3.847908] usbcore: registered new interface driver uas
[  735.720004] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc2
[  737.285169] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Firmware ath9k_htc/htc_9271-1.4.0.fw requested
[  737.285323] usbcore: registered new interface driver ath9k_htc
[  737.285581] usb 1-1.2: Direct firmware load for ath9k_htc/htc_9271-1.4.0.fw failed with error -2
[  737.285619] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Firmware htc_9271.fw requested
[  737.285752] usb 1-1.2: Direct firmware load for htc_9271.fw failed with error -2
[  737.285770] usb 1-1.2: no suitable firmware found!
[  737.285779] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Failed to get firmware htc_9271.fw
[  737.286078] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: USB layer deinitialized

dmesg | grep -i firmware

Цитата

[    2.619578] remoteproc remoteproc0: Direct firmware load for zephyr.elf failed with error -2
[    2.619720] remoteproc remoteproc0: Direct firmware load for zephyr.elf failed with error -2
[    2.619737] remoteproc remoteproc0: request_firmware failed: -2
[  737.285169] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Firmware ath9k_htc/htc_9271-1.4.0.fw requested
[  737.285581] usb 1-1.2: Direct firmware load for ath9k_htc/htc_9271-1.4.0.fw failed with error -2
[  737.285619] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Firmware htc_9271.fw requested
[  737.285752] usb 1-1.2: Direct firmware load for htc_9271.fw failed with error -2
[  737.285770] usb 1-1.2: no suitable firmware found!
[  737.285779] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Failed to get firmware htc_9271.fw

Please tell me how I can fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

  • Author
1 час назад, SteeMan сказал:

Have you tried installing the armbian-firmware-full package?  (By default armbian ships with a slimmed down set of device firmwares, but the -full package includes all the ones from mainline)

installed armbian-firmware-full. I insert USB wifi, the device freezes. I take out USB wifi device continues to work. I changed USB, the situation is similar.

  • Author
49 минут назад, Igor сказал:

If you boot with this plugged in?

Not booted.  But it doesn't boot because of my crooked hands. I didn't set up booting from USB correctly. I thought it was the whole culprit, but no. I asked a friend for a TP-LINK Archer T2U(USB). It works. I suspect that it's because there's a different processor. I tried AlexElec OS - AR9271 works on it too. But booting with the device turned on doesn't work.

1 час назад, Igor сказал:

AR9271 is one of the most stable things on USB, but USB hardware / sw stack on weird tv boxes can vary. We are also having it in the auto performance testing case:
https://github.com/armbian/armbian.github.io/actions/runs/14167367586

Excuse me please, I didn't understand what I need to do with this? 

I apologize for my English.

  • Author
8 часов назад, Igor сказал:

This is a report from our automated testing. This device works well with generic kernel withing VM. Lets say a proof that a driver itself is O.K. Ah, I see, you don't see results:

Got it, thanks for the explanation. But I have AR9271 on Armbian, it doesn't work, I've already changed the version (kernel 5) and there's only one option, the device doesn't work. Is there simply no solution? I understand that it would be incorrect to compare. 

But I'll show you. The same assembly option 

1) USB - Alexelec OS (linux) - here

-- boot system plug AR9271
 2) USB - AR9271

- dmesg | grep -i usb

Цитата

er=3
[    1.421988@3] usb 1-1.1: Product: Mass Storage Device
[    1.421999@3] usb 1-1.1: Manufacturer: Generic
[    1.422011@3] usb 1-1.1: SerialNumber: 8EC9JTIW
[    1.423040@3] usb-storage 1-1.1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[    1.423250@1] scsi0 : usb-storage 1-1.1:1.0
[   46.474165@2] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[   46.594748@0] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0cf3, idProduct=9271
[   46.594755@0] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=16, Product=32, SerialNu                                   

mber=48
[   46.594758@0] usb 1-1.2: Product: USB2.0 WLAN
[   46.594762@0] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: ATHEROS
[   46.594765@0] usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 12345
[   46.678879@3] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Firmware htc_9271.fw requested
[   46.680515@3] usbcore: registered new interface driver ath9k_htc
[   46.986647@3] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Transferred FW: htc_9271.fw, size: 50980

 

dmesg | grep -i firmware

Цитата

[   11.589133@0] kernel-overlays-setup: added firmware from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware
[   46.678879@3] usb 1-1.2: ath9k_htc: Firmware htc_9271.fw requested

This adapter works on this system. I understand that the comparison is not correct. I apologize for this. But why does it work?

15 minutes ago, arboniid said:

But I have AR9271 on Armbian, it doesn't work


Understand. But I also just prove you that it works on Armbian perfectly. Problem is with this TV box device. (probably / hopefully "just" wrong DT settings)

 

The reason that it works on Alex / random OS is randomness, pure luck and just to understand why, someone needs to sponsor (!) days to weeks of his time.

 

Armbian provides you build framework, we maintain and supports this community and many of those device, but there are simply too many of them. Those are resources that will help, we can provide hints and tips, but fixing this "small problem" is up to the one that sold you this device (never) and general Linux community, not necessarily Armbian community, and certainly not Armbian OS maintainers.

 

Once you fix this problem, someone needs to keep those features working on firmware upgrade ... so you have some idea on the scale of operation.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.