July 18, 20251 yr `ls /dev` is not showing mmcblk1. I have Armbian Ubuntu install that may have been messed around with and is not showing /dev/mmcblk1, where as a fresh uSCDCard install is.
July 18, 20251 yr Hi Providing logs with PASTE_SERVER_HOST=paste.armbian.de armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
July 18, 20251 yr Author Quote PASTE_SERVER_HOST=paste.armbian.de armbianmonitor -u How does this work ?
July 18, 20251 yr Author @Werner https://paste.armbian.de/wikedaqena I have ordered a couple of 3.3/5v UART USB adapters. I used to have an old 5V old. Thanks !
July 19, 20251 yr Author mmcblk1 should be the uSDcard it is on Nobel and Bookworm, it was there before I got hacked as well. Edited July 19, 20251 yr by AaronNGray
July 19, 20251 yr Author At the same time as mmcblk1 disappeared someone had changed the ethernet port over to the secondary port as I could not get into the machine and tried the second port which had been configured to the same static IP address as the primary port was on. Edited July 19, 20251 yr by AaronNGray
July 21, 20251 yr Hi @AaronNGray, Did you check if there is indeed an SD card inserted? If so, try to remove it then re-insert it while the system has booted. Also, seems that you have an NVMe storage device attached, on which the OS was installed - not the SD card as you mentioned? As @laibsch mentioned, the eMMC is detected and available as /dev/mmcblk0, but seems that SD card is not seen (if it was inserted). Grt,
July 21, 20251 yr Author @djurny No, its not a simple as that, its acutally not on the install on NVMe anymore.
July 21, 20251 yr I see. The logs show that you have setup armbianEnv.txt to boot from a filesystem that the later logs show is an EXT4 filesystem, located on the first partition of first namespace of the first found NVMe device. The logs do not show any blockdevice for mmc1 (which appears to be the driver linked to the SD card). No logging usually means that there is no device detected. Do note that things will indeed not be simple if you change your setup after gathering diagnostics logs. People are willing to help, but correct diagnostics information is needed for people to actually help you. Grt,
July 21, 20251 yr Author I have not personally modified armbianEnv.txt, I do not know how to. As I say I think the machine has been messed around with, i.e. it has been hacked.As I say I am trying to work out how to reenable /dev/mmcblk1. Edited July 21, 20251 yr by AaronNGray
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.