February 2Feb 2 Hi, i think the rpm setting-step's of the onboard fan is to low. - how can this be adjusted? SBC: Rock5b Edited February 2Feb 2 by rolsch
February 4Feb 4 Author I think the onboard fan is not being controlled correctly. root@rock5b01:~# dmesg | grep -i fan [ 6.577344] pwm-fan pwm-fan: Looking up fan-supply from device tree [ 6.577352] pwm-fan pwm-fan: Looking up fan-supply property in node /pwm-fan failed [ 6.581563] thermal_sys: Failed to bind 'soc-thermal' with 'pwm-fan': -22 [ 6.581571] thermal_sys: Failed to bind 'soc-thermal' with 'pwm-fan': -22 [ 6.581574] thermal_sys: Failed to bind 'soc-thermal' with 'pwm-fan': -22 [ 6.581577] thermal_sys: Failed to bind 'soc-thermal' with 'pwm-fan': -22 Running: Armbian v25.11.2 for Rock 5B running Armbian Linux 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx
July 28Jul 28 On my Rock5 ITX I am currently manually setting fan speed using commands like : ``` echo 32 | tee /sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon12/pwm1 ``` bump numbers to 64/128/256 for higher speeds. Change the hwmon/hwmon* number to match what your OS uses ... Sometimes the machine boots with 100% fan speed that does now slow down after full boot and I have to manually set it like this. At other times it boots up normally with low fan speed. Not sure why Armbian does not use sensors by default to scale fan speeds automatically based upon temperature. But later this week I will add the script before I start applying more load/apps to my system. Edited July 28Jul 28 by Raul added more comments
July 28Jul 28 For me the thermal subsystem of the kernel works flawless out-of-the-box, no user-space involved.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.