Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kernel vendor or current

Featured Replies

I'm using Armbian Orange Pi 5 Plus based on Debian 13 with vendor kernel 

 v26.2.1 for Orange Pi 5 Plus running Armbian Linux 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx

I'm thinking about switching to Armbian based on Debian 13 with kernel current 6.18.33 because 6.1.115 is an old one => current the kernel is more recent

Is that a good idea to swith to vendor kernel to current ? 

How can I do this ?

Edited by Rdlop

Solved by Werner

  • Solution

Hi,

23 minutes ago, Rdlop said:

Is that a good idea to swith to vendor kernel to current ? 

It depends on what you want to do with your device. You should check this sheet if the features you depend on are actually available in mainline linux: https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardware-enablement/rockchip-3588/notes-for-rockchip-3588/-/blob/main/mainline-status.md

 

Also take note that you may run into trouble booting when switching kernels. The reason is that vendor kernel images may (I don't know for this particular board) also come with (from guts feel from the stoneage) 2017 vendor uboot which may have issues booting an up to date mainline kernel. Fixing can be a bit of a pain if you don't have a second arm64 device which you could plug your microsd (via usb adapter for example) into, chroot into and fix this.

  • Author

Hi,

 

I'm using it at the moment as a containers server, thanks for link.

 

I not that changing kernel may run in trouble, so I still keep the 6.1.115 and wait for update.

Thanks for your help

 

Regards

The new 6.18.44-current-rockchip64 kernel is working for me, but I'm not doing anything at all exotic on the system.  It's just my home media server.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.