Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Renegade touchscreen

Featured Replies

I have a Renegade ROC-3328-CC board, and trying to get the touch to work on the touchscreen (Typical resistive Touch screen 3.5" HDMI HAT type screen).  I'm using the Armbian_5.75_Renegade_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.174_desktop.img, and everything is working except the touch on the screen.

 

Does anyone have success with this combination?

 

By reading through topics on the forum, it seems to me that I need to be on the mainline kernel (since it has fbtft and ads7846 drivers), but I'm not finding any packaged images using mainline that will support his board.  

Anyone have a mainline Image for the Renegade? 

 

I tried the Tinker images which are on Rockchip 3328, but they completely fail to boot.

 

Only next step I'm seeing is to build a custom kernel, or try to backport the fbtft +  ads7846.  

 

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/92bb6f0b66b85cc166d869fd99f6d76f3c088cd5/config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-default.config#L2370

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/92bb6f0b66b85cc166d869fd99f6d76f3c088cd5/config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-default.config#L5100

 

everything is there.. just activate the needed modules and build your own kernel.. But probably none of us tested if it works on RKs kernel. Fire up a virtualBox with ubuntu, build kernel, try it, report and if everything works create a PR.

 

https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Contribute/

 

 

22 hours ago, Siggi said:

I tried the Tinker images which are on Rockchip 3328, but they completely fail to boot.

*RK3288.  It's a 32-bit quad core, the RK3328 is a 64-bit quad core, absolutely incompatible bootloaders/images.  I only bring it up so there's no confusion for anyone else reading.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.