Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banana Pi M2 Pro

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. I have recently acquired a BPI-M2 Pro with what is supposed to be USB WiFi (Realtek RTL8821CU). I am running Armbian 22.08.7 Bullseye. armbian-config does not recognize any WiFi. The output from lsusb -t also does not show the presence of USB WiFi as expected. root@bananapi-m2p:~# lsusb -t /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 5000M /: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/2p, 480M |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M Do I have a defective device, or is the WiFi not actually a USB module? Is there something else I need to …

  2. Started by kris777,

    Is it possible to enable the I2S service (for audio) on BananaPim2pro? In the program configuration: armbian-config / manage device tree overlays...there are no entries for: I2S. Maybe someone already knows what to enter or how to enable it 🙂

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. This is what the network status looks like immediately after turning on the power: $ ip a 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 ::1/128 scope host noprefixroute valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever 2: end0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether d6:e3:db:f5:f2:24 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff inet 192.168.100.124/24 metric 100 brd 192.168.100.255 scope global dynamic end0 valid_lft 2…

  4. Started by kris777,

    What should the correctly enabled I2C service (for a 40x2 LCD) look like on Bananapim2pro? Should I edit the armbianEnv.txt file and add, for example, the following entry: overlays=i2c0 i2c1? The armbian-config service is a bit confusing, and after editing it, I get this: ........................ verbosity=1 console=both overlay_prefix=meson fdtfile=amlogic/meson-sm1-bananapi-m2-pro.dtb rootdev=UUID=a4fb8074-c453-45da-ab31-4d61dca46cfa rootfstype=ext4 overlays=i2cA i2cB usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u .................. There are other options, but they probably don't apply to bananapim2pro. : sm1-odroid-c4-i2c0 …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Hi ! I was trying to use SPI communication with Banana Pi M2 Pro. I am currently using Armbian 26.5.1 and I realized that I cannot find spidev from /boot/dev/ . I tried loading all dtbo files from armbian-config but still I can't get SPI. Is there something that I haven't check yet?

  6. Started by kris777,

    Subject: Bluetooth: Unknown BR/EDR signaling command 0x16 / Wrong link type (-22) on meson-gx / Banana Pi M2 Pro Description: When connecting modern Android (POCO F7) and Windows/Linux devices (Lenovo Legion) via Bluetooth to Banana Pi M2 Pro, the dmesg log gets flooded with BR/EDR signaling errors during connection/disconnection phases. Steps taken: - Forced 'ControllerMode = bredr' in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf - Disabled USB autosuspend for the BT controller (set to -1) Logs: [ 345.122975] Bluetooth: Unknown BR/EDR signaling command 0x16 [ 345.123005] Bluetooth: Wrong link type (-22) Environment: - Board: Banana Pi M2 Pro (Amlogic S905X3) - Kernel ver…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 871 views
  7. Started by Gatuno123,

    I have some Banana PI M2 Pro, and I have successfully booted CoreElec, even I managed to copy the whole system to emmc, but I can't boot a SD with Armbian. For coreelec, I erased the emmc using the Image burning tool and a usb cable. Android boots up normally and I execute reboot update and the SD with coreelec boots up correctly. For armbian, I insert the SD card formated with Armbian_24.11.1_Bananapim2pro_bookworm_current_6.6.61_minimal.img and Android boots up, next, I execute "reboot update" and Android shows a error page. Attached there is a serial log, the one from coreelec is from cold boot to coreelec using a SD card, without ne…

  8. Started by cis202,

    Whatever I plug into the usb otg port, it doesn't get recognised. I think the port got disabled. What happened? I connected a new harddrive via usb3 but the machine wouldn't boot because of some "Unexpected XHCI event". I had to add a usbstoragequirks to u-boot env. (via armbian-config) to solve that, but now the usb otg port is no longer working. Googled a lot and found one possible solution but it did not work for me ( https://forum.banana-pi.org/t/topic/5485/13 ). https://paste.armbian.com/aqowuxukev

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  9. Started by Arvo,

    Sorry about off-topic, just got forum giveaway Banana Pi M2 Pro and got confused - manufacturer doesn't care to reveal power jack size and all my 5V power adapter plugins are too small or too large. Can some happy owner of this SBC share plugin dimensions?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.