Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NanoPi R6S/R6C

  1. Does anybody know how one could correct multichannel HDMI audio mapping in the current-rockchip64 build or kernel? When I run speaker-test -c6 -D plughw:0,0 on (kernel) 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx + (dtb) dtb-6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx Everything is mapped correctly and I hear audio from all the correct channels. When I run the same command on (kernel) 6.18.12-current-rockchip64 + (dtb) dtb-6.18.12-current-rockchip64 I get no audio on center and rear right channels (others are working). Is this a mistake or error in the DTB file of dtb-6.18.12-current-rockchip64 (rk3588s-nanopi-r6s.dtb) ? How can we correct this?

  2. I recently updated from bookworm to trixie, here's how i did it: commands: sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade -y sudo cp -p /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak sudo sed -i 's,bookworm,trixie,g' /etc/apt/sources.list sudo cp -p /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list.bak sudo sed -i 's,bookworm,trixie,g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list sudo apt dist-upgrade /etc/apt/sources.list : deb http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie main contrib non-free non-free-firmware # deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie main contrib non-free non-free-firmware deb http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates main…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 11k views
  3. Unfortunately, there seems not yet to be an area in this forum for NanoPi R6C/S, so here we go ... Here is the default Armbian /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", KERNELS=="fe1c0000.ethernet", NAME:="wan" SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="r8169", KERNELS=="0003:31:00.0", NAME:="lan1" SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="r8169", KERNELS=="0004:41:00.0", NAME:="lan2" This does not match up with the labels on the case! Here is the correct config we have updated and tested on a NanoPi R6S at Afritic Group: SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*"…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 4.7k views
  4. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the acceleration performance (smooth 4K video playback in mpv / chromium) in Armbian (any of the MESA/VPU marked releases) that I am getting from the FriendlyElec distributions. In my naive mind, I thought the MESA/VPU version would get me there, but mpv stutters on 4K videos. I suspect this is because Armbian avoids the proprietary drives. A long time ago, Armbian Ubuntu versions were able to be 'amended' with the Amazingfate/liujianfeng1994 repository, but I have not been able to make that work in a while. Could someone point me to a guide that allows me to get similar performance with Armbian as I am getting with Frien…

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 5k views
  5. I have tested this on a NanoPi R5C as well as on NanoPC-T6 (non-LTS). For the later I also tested a vender provided Kernel / OS Installation. What happens is that whenever some Power-Saving is requested, the board will seemingly fully power down and is not responsive to anything, at best the reset button will do its work, R5C requires a power-cycle. The last kernel msgs are these (see https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/power/states.txt😞 # echo freeze > /sys/power/state [ 54.373374] PM: suspend entry (s2idle) [ 54.671033] Filesystems sync: 0.297 seconds [ 54.775176] Freezing user space processes [ 54.780065] Freezing user space process…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Started by eselarm,

    While doing various tests, also other bootloader than EDK2-UEFI v1.1 that I had in eMMC, I discovered that with 2026.01-rc2_armbian-2026.01-rc2-S365a-Pa203-He3cc-V062a-Bbf55-R448a kernel 6.18.0-rc7-edge-rockchip64 did not find/enable audio via HDMI. I moved the computer to other room where I rely on the speakers in the monitor, else I would not have discovered it as I also use networked pulseaudio. What works is 2025.01-armbian-2025.01-S6d41-Pdb4b-H2194-V062a-Bb703-R448a, so sort of last-known-good, got that via: sudo apt install linux-u-boot-nanopi-r6c-current=25.8.1 and wrote the binary with dd to eMMC Another issue is that the monitor …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Hi There, Board: NanoPi R6S I've flashed armbian OS via armbian imager tool + microSD card and installed the os into emmc using armbian-install. Os was working fine then i realize that the minimum required kernel drivers are not available (npu/tpu/gpu). I have tried to install more than a dozen operating systems including that I used before, but the booting process doesn't work. After lots of try I realized that only armbian os is getting booted from the SD card. Mask button which should bypass emmc and force to boot from microSD card is not working after flashing armbian os. I couldn't connect the NanoPi R6S via USB A to A lin…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. My setup is still running, yay! I even updated to Trixie and all worked out fine. But I'm stuck on edge kernel 6.12.x, I saw that rolling had 6.16.x. So how do I install/convert to the rolling 6.16.x edge kernel ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 15 replies
    • 8.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.