Everything posted by c0rnelius
-
Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
There are big differences between the two revisions. The biggest one is, one is using Wifi/BT over USB and the other SDIO, which requires the sdio overlay. The reason for BT not working on Armbian, I have yet to figure out. Like I said before, it works on (my personal) a more minimal build; Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid 6.12.26 #1 Sun May 4 17:50:23 EDT 2025 aarch64 BananaPi BPI-M4-Zero v2 ── DISK Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mmcblk2p2 29G 2.8G 26G 10% / /dev/mmcblk2p1 466M 74M 363M 17% /boot ── NETWORK Hostname: bananapim4zero Wireless: wlan0 UP 10.0.0.XX Bluetooth: hci0 AC:6A:A3:3B:D9:D6 ── SYSTEM Processor: Cortex-A53 @ 1416MHz 52°C Frequency: 1416MHz Online: 0-3 Governor: performance Memory: 3.8G 199M Entropy: 256 Uptime: 15:13:05 up 4 min, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0. It is hard for me to determine the reasons BT doesn't work, as the patching is very extensive. If it is even the patching? And yes I include the BT node in the overlay; https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/kernel/archive/sunxi-6.12/patches.armbian/Add-BananaPi-BPI-M4-Zero-overlays.patch#L267 As for HDMI audio and GPU, the PR I posted a link to corrects this. In future releases and rolling (give it a day) it should now work. Although I think I need to now add my changes to the 6.14.y branch? I'll check.
- Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
-
Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
The GPU node needs to be enabled. There has been adjustments made to the patching for 6.12.y and above, but I haven't messed with yet. Basically nodes need to be added for sound. As for Bluetooth. I haven't figured out yet why it doesn't work on Armbian. In my personal builds it works fine. I believe there is some patching or service preventing it from loading. But I can't be sure. I've put a lot of time already into the DTS to get this working on both REVS. To much time in my opinion. Anyone is welcome to do a PR and add and enable the bits if they like. Otherwise peps are just gonna have to wait till I get around to it again.
- Wifi setup
-
Drivers for RTL8812au on ODROID M1
The RTW88 driver was included for this; https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/7634 Prob needs to be ticked on in the defconfig for RK. Unless RK opted out of RTW88. patrick@potato:~$ uname -a Linux potato 6.12.21 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 5 10:17:54 EDT 2025 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux patrick@potato:~$ lsmod | grep rtw88 rtw88_8821au 12288 0 rtw88_8821a 40960 1 rtw88_8821au rtw88_88xxa 32768 1 rtw88_8821a rtw88_usb 28672 1 rtw88_8821au rtw88_core 172032 3 rtw88_88xxa,rtw88_8821a,rtw88_usb mac80211 655360 2 rtw88_core,rtw88_usb cfg80211 438272 2 rtw88_core,mac80211 patrick@potato:~$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) Bus 001 Device 005: ID 31b2:0010 Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:a811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8811AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Adapter Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
- BPI-M4 Zero: HDMI Audio
-
BPI-M4 Zero: HDMI Audio
There was no official audio routing for the h616 until recently and still none yet for HDMI. As far as I know? https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20241023075917.186835-1-ryan@testtoast.com/T/ I believe there is unofficial patching for it available in Armbian for 6.6.y, but I never added the required nodes to test it. This would be why there is no functional audio on the unit as of yet.
- ODROID C4 - run from usb sata using petitboot?
- [Feature request] Enable flow offload in build
-
Orange Pi Zero 3
If it's detecting more or less dram than it should, its U-Boot related. Depending on the version of u-boot there are two remedies as far as I know. Put a delay on it; https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/u-boot/v2024.04/board_bananapim4zero/006-mach-sunxi-dram_helpers-add-delay-to-steady-dram-detection.patch For v2025.01 and above; https://lore.kernel.org/linux-sunxi/20250309063143.62859-1-jernej.skrabec@gmail.com/T/#t
-
Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.78_minimal NOT FOND WIFI
Is the armbian firmware package installed? This error means the firmware is missing or not found: [ 6.382883] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,4-compute-module.bin failed with error -2 [ 6.382928] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin failed with error -2 What carrier board are you using? If not using the RPI carrier, you may need to adjust pins to get Wifi to work. Also, make sure your eeprom is up to date.
- Odroid HC4 not able to reboot
-
Odroid HC4 not able to reboot
Yes. So instead of this patch; https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/kernel/archive/meson64-6.12/board-odroidc4-reset.patch which only patches the C4 DTS, create a new patch, that patches against the "meson-sm1-odroid.dtsi". Problem solved. An example can be found in my personal repo; https://github.com/pyavitz/debian-image-builder/blob/feature/patches/amlogic/6.12/007-ODROID-general-patch-set.patch#L281
-
Odroid HC4 not able to reboot
The solution here would be doing a PR and instead of adding the node to the DTS, it should be added to the DTSI "meson-sm1-odroid.dtsi" which both units "C4/HC4" would pick up. + reboot: meson64-reboot { + compatible = "meson64,reboot"; + sys_reset = <0x84000009>; + sys_poweroff = <0x84000008>; + + sd-vqen = <&gpio_ao GPIOE_2 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; + sd-vqsw = <&gpio_ao GPIOAO_6 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; + sd-vmmc = <&gpio_ao GPIOAO_3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; + }; +
- build/config/boards/rpi5b.csc Has gone missing
- build/config/boards/rpi5b.csc Has gone missing
- Enable I2C on a Banana Pi BPI-F3
-
Tons of GPT errors on boot when USB drive is connected
@hvedemelsbof What the patch is doing is changing the boot targets. Normally SD/MMC would take priority and USB, NVMe and SCSI would be the fall back. With SPI onboard, you could still achieve USB boot by enabling PREBOOT in the u-boot defconfig, along with `usb start`. So in that case the patch wouldn't be required. Same goes for NVMe and SATA boot. In my testing, this also works if you treat the SD or MMC as just a boot mech. Flashing u-boot to it and installing the OS directly to the USB, NVMe or SATA drive. In my opinion those patches should no longer be used, as cleaner methods are available. But that's not my call. I've never messed with this boot_target variable. Looks to me, if you set that var in the boot.cmd/scr, you can change the hard coded targets. Whether or not it will work on AML units, I have no clue.
- Bananapi BPI-F3 Slow and Glitchy
-
No GPIO group on Armbian?
sudo groupadd gpio sudo adduser wollik gpio
- Bananapi BPI-F3 Slow and Glitchy
- Tons of GPT errors on boot when USB drive is connected
- Tons of GPT errors on boot when USB drive is connected
- Tons of GPT errors on boot when USB drive is connected
-
Armbian-24.11.0 RPi ubuntu noble based wlan interface is missing (*.zst firmware files)
https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/7694 patrick@rpi4b:~$ dmesg | grep brcmfmac [ 3.443168] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15264345 [ 3.444363] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6 [ 3.444650] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac [ 3.673499] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_process_txcap_blob: no txcap_blob available (err=-2) [ 3.673793] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/6 wl0: Apr 15 2021 03:03:20 version 7.45.234 (4ca95bb CY) FWID 01-996384e2 [ 8.815477] brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_set_power_mgmt: power save disabled