Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banana Pi F3

  1. Started by Bob Ham,

    Hi, I've installed the latest Armbian on an F3 (Armbian_26.5.1_Bananapif3_trixie_current_6.18.33_minimal.img), updated and upgraded and then rebooted. Unfortunately there's no PWM controller under /sys: bobham@bananapif3:~$ ls /sys/class/pwm/ bobham@bananapif3:~$ which means there's no fan control. According to the official docs, there should be a PWM controller to control the fan. Can the fan controller be added? Thanks, Bob Ham

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 294 views
  2. The board works well with Armbian, but currently it is not possible to use USB audio interfaces (sound cards, modems exposing audio functions, VoIP devices, etc.) because the snd-usb-audio module is missing from the kernel and not available as a loadable module. If needed, I can provide logs, test kernels, or help verify the changes. Thanks for maintaining support for this board.

  3. Hello there, 👋 I've connected an NVMe drive that I used in my PC to the Banana Pi F3, but it's not being detected. I'm using a USB-C PD power supply (Pine64 PinePower Desktop) to ensure sufficient power, yet it's still not recognized. The drive might be faulty. Has anyone successfully used an NVMe drive with this board? If so, could you share which NVMe drives are known to work with it? Thanks! _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_| v25.5.1 for BananaPi BPI-F3 running Armbian Linux 6.6.87-current-spacemit Packages: Debian rolling (trixie)…

  4. Started by gounthar,

    Hello there, I recently gained remote access to a Banana Pi F3 to test it, and everything went smoothly. The board was running Bianbu Linux, and I was able to install and use Docker without issues. Now, I'm considering purchasing the board and was wondering if the Armbian image would also support running Docker. Do you have any insights on this? Thanks!

  5. Hardware H264 encoding on the F3 is failing with a firmware binary error. ffmpeg command ffmpeg -y -v 99 -f lavfi -i testsrc -pix_fmt nv12 -g 15 -c:v h264_v4l2m2m out.264 dmesg error [ 4834.438234] MVX if: Failed to load firmware binary. filename=linlon-v52_v76-80-2/h264enc.fwb. [ 4834.450002] MVX if: Firmware binary was loaded with error. [ 4834.450020] MVX session: ffffffd905a1a0f8 send event error. error=-22 ffmpeg Gets some way into initialising. It detects the Linlon H264 encoder, checks images are NV12 format, but then fail with this error [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x2abf834870] Failed to set gop size: Invalid argument …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  6. Hi, I use bananapif3 as my home router, where our latest official Armbian runs. Everything works well except the flow offload, which is used to accelerate packets handling, doesn't work in Armbian: $ sudo nft add rule inet filter forward ip protocol tcp flow add @f Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory add rule inet filter forward ip protocol tcp flow add @f ^^^^^^^^^^^ It seems that the kernel config CONFIG_NFT_FLOW_OFFLOAD is not enabled, which might result in this issue: $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_NFT_FLOW_OFFLOAD # CONFIG_NFT_FLOW_OFFLOAD is not set So would the maintaine…

  7. The graphical interface is very slow and glitchy when I booted my BPI-F3 running the latest Armbian provided (Ubuntu variant). The cursor glitches in and out, and it takes forever for the onboard display to open applications, display text typed in, etc (It took around 5 minutes to open System Monitor, and 1 Minute to open Terminal). I have accessed it also via SSH and a USB-Serial converter, and those respond very quickly, therefore I think It has something to do with GPU support. I also found this other version with GPU acceleration, albeit an older version of Armbian, which ran fine. Mine currently boots off of EMMC and runs off of NVME (although the same was when I ini…

  8. BPI-F3 Introduction For this device, we can make an image using the Source Code: BananaPi_BPI-F3#_development Let's try to add support to the Armbian build system.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  9. I need squashfs for snap, but it seems it's not there. I tried installing libsquashfs-dev, libsquashfs1, libsquashfuse0, squashfs-tools, squashfuse, but no improvement Tips how to solve this? sander@bananapif3:~$ sudo modprobe squashfs modprobe: FATAL: Module squashfs not found in directory /lib/modules/6.1.15-legacy-k1 sander@bananapif3:~$ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Armbian-bpi-SpacemiT 24.5.0-trunk noble Release: 24.04 Codename: noble sander@bananapif3:~$ apt list --installed | grep -i squashfs WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use wit…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.