September 11, 20224 yr Here is the link for archived builds for the C1: https://archive.armbian.com/odroidc1/archive/
September 11, 20224 yr Author Thanks, I was hoping for a Jammy, I'll have to setup the build env again...
September 12, 20224 yr [ OK ] Reached target Unmount All Filesystems. [ OK ] Reached target Late Shutdown Services. [ OK ] Finished System Reboot. [ OK ] Reached target System Reboot. system hangs after a sudo reboot/sudo systemctl reboot and does not come up without power cycle. I think problem is in dtb and exists since long time.
September 12, 20224 yr Author Yeah, I'm trying to remember. I used the C1 for years. Can you try: sudo systemctl start reboot.target and sudo shutdown -r now They may resolve to reboot command, but worth a try.
September 12, 20224 yr no change, I think the reboot problem is based on dtb and can only be solved with an editor and dtc
September 12, 20224 yr Author Does this work on the archived focal img? Then maybe diff the dtb? I had to hack the Duo dtb, so I could use the builtin button.
September 12, 20224 yr problem exist since kernel 5.x for sure, I don't remember if it worked with kernel 3.10
December 21, 20223 yr Author @Markus_ Just a FYI, the focal image with 5.10 kernel allowed reboot. You can freeze the kernel and upgrade to Jammy that way. Reboot still works.
January 24, 20233 yr Hi, I today managed to build and successfully deploy an Armbian Odroid C1 (previous days there was some compile error in das-u-boot, but a git pull today sorted that). I've had it running for half a day, seems OK so far. So while there are no builds, compilation and deploying of a standard console jammy image seems to work!
January 24, 20233 yr Author @Tomasz Grzegurzkocan you give the command line you used? I'll try now. After git pull I get: odroidc arm aml_meson odroidc hardkernel m8b hardkernel/odroidc:DDR3_1GB [ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ functions/cli/cli-entrypoint.sh:109 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:278 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:145 -> functions/compilation/uboot.sh:131 -> functions/logging/traps.sh:0 ] [ error ] U-boot compilation failed [ o.k. ] Process terminated Using: sudo ./compile.sh BOARD=odroidc1 BRANCH=current RELEASE=jammy BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=sha,gpg,img
January 27, 20233 yr I get same error on u-boot compile, but found a workaround to use prebuilt u-boot: # u-boot compile breaks for odroidc1, use REPOSITORY_INSTALL=u-boot (but only # legacy/current no edge! or copy deb to ./build/output/debs/linux-u-boot-edge-odroidc1_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb) mkdir -p ./output/debs wget -c -O ./output/debs/linux-u-boot-edge-odroidc1_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-odroidc1-current/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_21.02.3_armhf.deb # without CLEAN_LEVEL= linux-image-*.deb will be deleted and new kernel/deb created ./compile.sh CLEAN_LEVEL= KERNEL_KEEP_CONFIG=yes COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=sha,xz EXPERT=yes
January 28, 20233 yr Author @Markus_ Using current and jammy I get: sudo ./compile.sh BOARD=odroidc1 CLEAN_LEVEL= KERNEL_KEEP_CONFIG=yes COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=sha,xz EXPERT=yes REPOSITORY_INSTALL=u-boot [ .... ] Installing from repository [ linux-u-boot-odroidc1-current ] And debug install.log: E: Unable to locate package linux-u-boot-odroidc1-current
January 29, 20233 yr Author OK, I got it to build. The secret is REPOSITORY_INSTALL= REPOSITORY_INSTALL (comma-separated list): list of core packages which will be installed from repository Available options: u-boot, kernel, bsp, armbian-bsp-cli,armbian-bsp-desktop,armbian-desktop,armbian-config, armbian-firmware Set to “” to use packages one from local output or build if not available I'll do it from scratch and post final instructions.
March 29, 20233 yr Sorry I didn't get notified of the question! Anyway I didn't use anything fancy, just used the text/console tools to build, no command line options given at build time I entered them in using the TUI. Have been running the C1 for a long time now, aside from being unable to reboot from command line, other than that it works fine.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.