Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TV Box S912 (X9T 4K): problem to install on emmc

Featured Replies

Dear All,

 

First I would like to thanks all the contributors to armbian, What a great OS for our small SBC !

 

Context:
I run succesfully latest Armbian on a X9T 4K TV Box (amlogic s912) from SD Card 2GB (following instructions here  

 

The Problem:
I would like to run armbian from emmc (16GB on this box) for better reliability and performance.

So, I run the install-aml.sh script, I had some error (no boot.ini ...), but the process seems to finish successfully
install_emmc.thumb.jpg.39fc88d4e1c9699cb45491999e432045.jpg

 

Next Reboot:

It's seems my boot partition is Not OK ... something missing ...

boot_emmc_pb.thumb.jpg.b1d4789ffd8309b0bf6865f653e9f6a7.jpg

 

 

For reference

See bellow for reference the succesfull boot from the sdcard

success_login_sd.thumb.jpg.a8fd55bf44734b689f629dbad9b6c472.jpg

 

If I boot from SDCard,

I can inspect the /boot  and root partition on emmc,  everything seems ok

On the emmc partition, the  /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf is correctly modified:
 

extlinux.conf
LABEL Armbian
LINUX /Image
INITRD /uInitrd

#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxbb-p200.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb
FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb

  append root=LABEL=ROOT_EMMC rootflags=data=writeback console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 rw no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

 

And the disk partion on the emmc

fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk1

 

Disk /dev/mmcblk1: 14.64 GiB, 15724445696 bytes, 30711808 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x09170000

Device         Boot   Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/mmcblk1p1      1953792  2953215   999424  488M  c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk1p2      2955264 30711807 27756544 13.2G 83 Linux

 

If you can help me ....

Thx in advance

Nico

 

 

Edited by Nico059
better readability of my problem ;-), and add fdidk -l of emmc

  • Author

Some other informations:

I have been able to interrupt the uboot process (when box start without SDCARD), and try some command (see capture):

mmc list, and mmc info  : the dev 1 is the eMMC, so it's recognized

mmc part, partition table unknown (don't know if it's ok or not...

mmc.jpg.8ca69974df814cb8b304bd5a9be4d2e5.jpg

 

And when I boot from SDCard (fresh Armbian); here is the lsblk result:

-mmcblk0 is the SDCARD (2GB)

- mmcblk1 is the eMMC (16GB) with all supposed partitions ....

  - mmcblk1p1 (the /boot)  : I can mount them and the content seems ok

 - mmcblk1p2 (the  root: /) : I can mount them and the content seems ok

- mmcblk1boot0 and mmcblk1boot1, with 4 MB size, that is the uboot partitin if I understand correctly (the one that of backuped with dd if of durint install-aml.sh script)

lsblk.jpg.d6776243b4ff7d4c523150ac0bb75eb2.jpg

 

 

@SteeMan, do you have any idea why this box refuse to boot from emmc.

I can do other investigations if you can help me 😉 (I learn lot's of stuff with this problem about u-boot and all : it's a good for a bad...)

Thx in advance,

Nico

Edited by Nico059

on the sdcard, did you copy /boot/u-boot-s905x-s912 to /boot/u-boot.ext, before running install-aml.sh?

I think install-aml.sh will cause u-boot.ext to be copied to emmc /boot/u-boot.emmc - is that file there on emmc boot partition?

Edited by Jens J.

Hello how are you? I have exactly the same problem, when I ran armbian from SD it works perfectly but when I install in emmc with the script, it takes 15 minutes, it ends ok but when I turn off and remove the SD memory to boot from emmc the same thing happens to me, I put it again the SD and it works perfectly, I don't know what else to try, I tried with different versions of armbian, I tried to change the Android version so the boot changes and then I press it with armbian and there is no case, I would appreciate if someone knows something

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.