Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi Zero 2W

Featured Replies

diagnostics listing of Orange Pi Zero 2W

http://ix.io/4Lwr


Not sure if this helps..but the stock build is lacking...plus I am getting 1.0 cpu usage at idle
 

Orange Pi 1.0.0 user-built

System too busy for benchmarking: 16:33:21 up 25 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.03, 0.92
System too busy for benchmarking: 16:33:26 up 25 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.14, 1.03, 0.92
System too busy for benchmarking: 16:33:31 up 25 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.13, 1.03, 0.93
System too busy for benchmarking: 16:33:36 up 25 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.12, 1.03, 0.93
System too busy for benchmarking: 16:33:41 up 25 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.11, 1.03, 0.93


Wish there was an official Armbian build...it usually seems much more "complete"

I can confirm, after installing Armbian for Orange Pi 3 zero on the Orange Pi zero 2w that WiFi, Bluetooth and HDMI is working!
 

me@OPIZ2W:~$ DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo -B
name of display: :0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
    Vendor: Panfrost (0xffffffff)
    Device: Mali-G31 (Panfrost) (0xffffffff)
    Version: 22.3.6
    Accelerated: yes
    Video memory: 3932MB
    Unified memory: yes
    Preferred profile: core (0x1)
    Max core profile version: 3.1
    Max compat profile version: 3.1
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1
OpenGL vendor string: Panfrost
OpenGL renderer string: Mali-G31 (Panfrost)
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 Mesa 22.3.6
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)

OpenGL version string: 3.1 Mesa 22.3.6
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.40
OpenGL context flags: (none)

OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 22.3.6
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

 

Edited by ME_

Darn.  One thing I'm seeing is that Audio is not supported in these Community versions.  HDMI with no audio -- not useful.

If i can, yes there is a little differnce beetwen zero3 and zero2W, the ethernet port, is-it possible to add another eth port inside the dtb for a full compatibility with the zero2w?

for the 2W the eth port is directly connect on the processor H618

image.png.cd14eed3cc9b882919b8b8c025f8b14a.pngimage.png.158fd48ebf9f397ffebcc7dab3c9d877.png

best regards

Looking on news about kernel 6.8 :

 

https://www.cnx-software.com/2024/03/11/linux-6-8-release-notable-changes-arm-risc-v-mips-architectures/#arm-updates-in-linux-6-8

 

it was added support for Orange Pi Zero 2W:


 

Quote

 

Arm updates in Linux 6.8

As usual, there were a lot of changes to the Arm architecture:

Allwinner

Allwinner A100 – RGB LED controller

Allwinner H616 – ASoC driver adds SPDIF hardware block

Allwinner T113-S3 – Thermal controller

New devices

Orange Pi Zero 2W single board computer (Allwinner H618)

...

 

 

@SteeMan Thank you for the quick response! sorry for posting without searching through the whole forum, found some interesting builds to test on Orange Pi Zero 3 forum, I'll follow the development there. Thanks again.

For those who stumble upon here in the future:

Edited by thuvasooriya
added links

Hi - I installed the latest images but unfortunately the GPU is not accelerated.
Somebody has an idea how to use the PANFROST

Zitat

Vendor: Panfrost (0xffffffff)
Device: Mali-G31 (Panfrost) (0xffffffff)
Version: 22.3.6

Accelerated: yes
Video memory: 3932MB

drivers?

 

 

name of display: :0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
    Vendor: Mesa/X.org (0xffffffff)
    Device: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.6, 128 bits) (0xffffffff)
    Version: 22.3.6
    Accelerated: no
    Video memory: 3932MB
    Unified memory: yes
    Preferred profile: core (0x1)
    Max core profile version: 4.5
    Max compat profile version: 4.5
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.2
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa/X.org
OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.6, 128 bits)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.3.6
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile

OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.3.6
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile

OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 22.3.6
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20

 

Edited by ME_

Forgive me if I am missing something. I have a 1.5GB oPiZ2W and I cannot get it to boot with the community builds or the unofficial builds. No green activity light, just the red power light. No output from HDMI. I've let it sit like this for 15 minutes and still nothing. Is there something else I need to do to get this to boot? I've had no issues with the Debian/Ubuntu images provided by OrangePi.

I'll take your word for it @SteeMan, thank you. When I search for "orangepi 1.5GB" my post is the only one that comes up. Ill try different combinations but you already gave me my answer.

@ag123 Thank you. I was able to apply that patch and now Armbian is running on my OPIZ2W 1.5GB!

One more question. I have a LoRa/GNSS hat that requires the use of Serial 0 for communication with the GNSS model. How would I go about disabling Armbian debug outputing to that? I would rather not have to use bodge wires. `gpioinfo` shows me that the 2 pins are used by the kernel. Do I need to recompile the kernel to change this? Seems like a lot of the hats/shields that use Serial need to use Serial0... So I'm thinking there must be a simple way to get it working in Armbian.

Edited by madeofstown

@madeofstown

I'd guess it is good to leave the default serial uart console running there as otherwise if things goofs, you may have no means to login onto the board.

with the serial console, you can connect a usb-uart serial dongle and login to Armbian on the board.

 

but if you insist you can nevertheless try going into /usr/lib/systemd/system
look for those *getty* (e.g. ls *getty*), it would be one of those services.

 

but that for debug output I'm not sure about that though, a google search I'd guess would get some leads e.g.

https://superuser.com/questions/351387/how-to-stop-kernel-messages-from-flooding-my-console

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/working_with_the_serial_console

 

I'd suggest to browse that same Orange Pi Zero 3 thread and figure out how to use a different serial uart port, there are probably more than a single uart port available on Orange Pi Zero 2W or Orange Pi Zero 3. using a different serial comm (uart) port is the correct solution in your case and you won't need to be bothered about console messages as they won't be there.

 

Using a different UART is not really practical with a hat/shield designed to use UART0... It would be better for the system to use one that isn't commonly required by hats/shields to be the debug interface. I'll keep looking around.

Hi, I am new here but been playing with the opi zero 2w for a bit with the zero 3 image. So happy to now see 2w images have appeared. I have the expansion board and was hoping to get the ethernet port working at some point. I mainly want to use this device to run headless and be able to shut it down when I push one of the buttons on the expansion board. Is this possible with any of the current images?

That Community Version of Ubuntu Jammy is working really well for me on this device Orange Pi Zero 2W.

 

With one exception:  No sound card found.

 

Maybe these are clues on how to bake this in to next Community Version Ubuntu Jammy update, not sure?:

 

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/37718-sound-on-h616h618-socs/#comment-188117

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/40625-armbian-build-pr-sound-allwinner-h616-h618-socs/#comment-193609

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.