Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selling my helios4 & helios64

Featured Replies

Hello everybody,

 

I would like to sell my helios4 and helios64.

 

They weren't in operation much and are like new. So they are perfect for spare parts or to use them as a complete replacement.

 

I really like the products but I don't want the hustle of fiddling around with every new armbian release.

 

So if anybody is interested you can contact me and/or write here a comment.

 

Thank you very much!

4 hours ago, JRL said:

I really like the products

 

What feelings do you have to people that maintain it with their free time and private savings? :) Do / did you help them? Without those people, hardware is just a paperweight, a fake promise.

 

4 hours ago, JRL said:

hustle of fiddling around with every new armbian release.

 

Package updates and kernel updates are common for many devices. We officially stop dealing with Helios64 long time / several years ago. I think it was even never officially supported. After that, it was up to random / nobody to maintain it.

 

In past year there was some self organised attempts to improve Helios64 https://forum.armbian.com/tags/helios64/ while I think Helios4 works just fine and also there we have someone that will keep it in good shape.

  • Author

Yes, I contribute to many open source projects partially with my own free time and money. What added value does it bring to the topic? If it's not permitted to start such a topic in the first place then please go ahead and simply delete it.

 

To this point I use Linux on all of my private devices for many years now, so I'm not new to this stuff. But I'm also no kernel/package maintainer and I don't have the time to.

 

At the moment my devices (helios4 & helios64) are paperweight and my intention was to sell it to someone who can use it and in my opinion this is the right place.

24 minutes ago, JRL said:

Yes, I contribute to many open source projects partially with my own free time and money.

 

I am sure you do. Me too. I am just saying that project doesn't have enough support from users side to cover for maintaining this device. For you and all other open source projects ... I am sure you would not complain if there would be a better option out there.

 

24 minutes ago, JRL said:

What added value does it bring to the topic?

 

Making sure that everyone that reads this understands, that Armbian project is not to blame for the troubles you have. We didn't sold any promise of support, HW vendors usually do that. That is one reason why I replied and second to inform you that there is some progress on both devices so they are not completely paperweight. There is a hope. 

 

31 minutes ago, JRL said:

my opinion this is the right place.

 

It is. I wish you all the best.

 

24 minutes ago, JRL said:

and I don't have the time to.

 

See, we have something in common ;) 

I (still) use Helios4 which has been downgraded to "Community maintained" recently after Armbian 23.8.1. I'm aware that I have to migrate to a different HW later in 2025 because It's getting more difficult every day to deal with a 32-bit system using OMV (plus some docker based services) with Armbian.

Question: Is there any good advice for a 64-bit HW supported by Armbian and (at least) 4 SATA ports?

@Igor Thank you for your comment and caveat.

SATA port multiplication is definitely a no-go for my application (OMV6 + RAID5 with 4 8TB HDD). Is there any Armbian-based recommendation supporting 4 SATA ports "natively"?

I want to avoid to go away from Armbian and looking for for a Mini-ITX based configuration (e.g. Intel N100).

 

I cant find my original account and just checked into Armbian forums for the first time in a long time so i cant message you directly.

 

Is your Helios64 still available?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.