Reviews / Tutorials
7 topics in this forum
-
After initially and successfully booting Armbian 23 jammy from an SD memory card in the TF slot or from a USB flash device in the blue 3.0 port, I had installed Armbian using the /root/install-aml.sh, removed the SD card/USB flash and rebooted Armbian easy peasy. It worked fine for a while. My thread about it is here at this link. But it got bricked, seemingly by itself after a power failure in the home. I managed to recover it with an image of Android, however, all of Armbian was deleted (and no backup either haha 😉). Here is a tutorial to recover this box and the steps may also work for other tv boxes that have the S905x / S905x2 / S905x3 chip. …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 43.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This was originally meant as a reply to a user having problems enabling openVFD on a Tannix T3-Mini, a device I happen to own. I have recently been through this journey myself, and having searched the forums, I cannot find a recent topic on how to build this for Armbian, so have decided to make a new post that may be of use to some. Hold on to your hat, because this is going to be long. Caveats These instructions are, specifically, for the Tannix TX3-Mini. However, with a bit of fiddling, the general approach should work for any supported TV Box. I have added notes where you will need to look to edit a different file for your specific devic…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 9.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have installed Armbian community images several times on different tv boxes that have an Amlogic S905x3, and usually there was no sound ♫. I wanted to get sound out of the tv box. So, I purchased a generic USB sound card audio dongle from Aliexpress for about $2 to $3 USD. (see attached photo). The USB audio device is described in Linux as a Texas Instruments PCM2902 Audio Codec (USB PnP Sound Device device 0 USB Audio), and when you run the command lsusb you will see the id numbers 08bb:2902. However, the specific hardware chip in the device that you receive may be different. I updated the databases for repositories by running sudo apt update -y and installed necessar…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The guide was created in response to the outdated or non-functional nature of much of the software provided by armbian-config->Software->Softy, particularly for TV boxes. It is tailored for advanced users who are adept at using commands, prefer manual installation, and favor the convenience of copying and pasting commands rather than searching for them on the armbian forum. While detailed explanations of each command's function won't be provided, I will include source links for each section, enabling you to conduct your own research. In this guide, I am using the latest ubuntu-based Armbian build: Armbian_23.11.1_Aml-s9xx-box_jammy_current_6.1.63_xfce_desktop.img.xz…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 25.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
NOTE: This will overwrite the Android ROM on the eMMC flash and attempt to install Armbian. Before beginning, make sure you have a backup of the stock Android ROM in the event the installation fails or you want to revert back to Android in the future. Proceed at your own risk. You can copy the working Armbian environment from SD card/USB drive to eMMC using the install-aml.sh script. This file does a physical copy of whole system to eMMC. You can install Armbian to eMMC by running the shell script in the /root directory. Run the following commands in a terminal window: sudo su cd /root/ sudo ./install-aml.sh Once the Armbian finishes copyin…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 36.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I wrote a full guide for X96 Mini. It is available there. https://github.com/kdrapel/x96mini_linux/blob/main/README.md ---- Installing Linux on X96 Mini Goal is to install a Linux on a X96 Mini that I did not use anymore as a TV box and wanted to recycle as a DNS server for ads-blocking (https://pi-hole.net/) and other experiments. Important: I will not give any support or answer questions related to issues happening with your own X96 Prerequisites Instructions are covering steps on a Windows machine. Should be similar for Linux. Based upon (messy) instructions found at https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 20.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here my review video of the Tanix TX6 TV-Box. I show Android and how to install Armbian onto it. Greetings, NicoD