Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UEFI x86 / qemu x86 / arm64

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:

Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Started by Igor,

    Many of us are using Armbian not just on ARM single board computers but also on servers (bare metal & virtual). We use our builds since we trust it more then Debian, Ubuntu, not to mention other distributions that are recklessly updating and one ends up as an OS tester and not OS user. Personally I use Armbian Jammy on Ryzen 9 workstation with great success. My primary use case is development / productivity. For the road I used to have 13" Dell notebook which recently suddenly died. It was out of warranty so I had to get something new. After some testings of various devices I settled with 12th Gen Intel i5-1240P powered Lenovo. Then I tried many general purpose distro…

  2. Hi everyone, I hope this topic is in the right place and won't bother anyone. I'm pretty new to the ARM world. In very first i would like to thanks all people and the communities who work hard on Armbian. I successfully use a NanoPC T6 Plus / A NanoPi M6 and other forks on some TV Box with no major problems. My curiosity pushed me to try using Armbian on a MinisForum MS-R1, so i bought one and tried to boot up the KDE or Gnome image on it. In the two case, the installation is a fail at the step of launching the desktop environment, it's stuck here. The uefi is up to date with the lastest version (cix_flash_all2_MGP1WSB_20…

  3. I am asking because I can't find a toggle or anything in the settings and find it a tad anoying especally when it is a game I am playing a fast paced game.

  4. Estou tentando gerar uma imagem Qemu-uefi-x86 usando a seguinte linha: ./compile.sh BOARD=qemu-uefi-x86 BRANCH=current KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no ARCH=x86_64 BUILD_MINIMAL=yes BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_BTF=no RELEASE=jammy Ao final do processo, recebo o seguinte erro. Alguém pode me ajudar? Estava gerando corretamente e, de repente, parou. Ign:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-backports InRelease [🔨] Erro:1 https://github.armbian.com/configng estável InRelease [🔨Erro do sistema ao resolver 'github.armbian.com:https' - getaddrinfo (16: Dispositivo ou recurso ocupado) [🔨] Erro:2 https://apt.armbian.com jammy InRe…

  5. After I closed the lid of my chromebook Armbian decided to die even across reboots. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gkEzVoY5QkNcWq3MOKYUSc8nkFYg91p-/view?usp=sharing Video of what I see https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yhnIjzkiYkkVohFrLf7MKDtYyb0xfOL/view?usp=sharing

  6. Started by Trickii,

    Hey I have recently installed Armbian specifically the Intel/AMD image for my Dell 3100 2-in-1 chromebook. It runs fanominally but the headphone jack doesn't detect my headphones correctly but yet my bluetooth ones work without a problem. Anyone have a idea of whats going wrong?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.8k views
  7. Hi I have upgraded an existing x86 Armbian system with kernel 6.6.63 and zfs 2.3.2 to the suggested kernel 6.12.32-current-x86, but I cannot get the zfs kernel module loaded after the latest updates to Armbian 25.5.1 noble. I also tried on other kernels, only the old 6.6.63 seems to work. Normally when you select a different kernel in the armbian-config menu, it should automatically compile the zfs modules if it is activated. It just skips it. But you can of course compile it with the provided DKMS system: the build just finishes fine, without any error, also the install, but when you try to load the module: it responds with: …

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.4k views
  8. G'day Has anyone managed to get our fave OS booting on this device. ? Wyse 3040 (N10D) I've created UEFI boot media, with both Rufus and Etcher, but it dosne't see it as bootable. To prove settings are ok on the device, it boots the deb bookworm usb image I made. Unfortunatly, Deb won't install as this device only has 8GB of flash... hence why I returned again to Armbain Many thanks MarkA

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 7.4k views
  9. Started by Timm0 G-Punkt,

    hi, i try to install the current IOT/minmal image on the intern ssd on a old thinclient. USB-Drive will ident as sda and the ssd as sdb. if i use on armbian-config the install script for install, he create two partitions (sdb1 &2 / efi & linux) but it only boot with usb drive. On the usb drive i has a BIOS boot partition, must i swaphis somehow to the ssd drive?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.1k views
  10. Started by Xorcist,

    So I recently loaded the x86 Armbian 6.12 - Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) server image onto a GEEKOM Air12 Lite N150 (wow that was a mouthful), only to find the ethernet port missing... turns out the Motorcomm YT6801 Ethernet Controller it uses is not in the mainline distro and has to be built manually. I have so far referenced the following resources about this: https://github.com/albertogviana/YT6801 https://github.com/dante1613/Motorcomm-YT6801 https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=438301 https://deb.tuxedocomputers.com/ubuntu/pool/main/t/tuxedo-yt6801/ and run the gamut for two days straight without much luck.…

  11. This is what I get when I select the "Direct download" link. See the attached screenshot:

  12. Hello, I am trying to install Armbian UEFI-x86 into this very small mini PC, but with secure boot enabled it only shows this screen: Disabling the secure boot isn't an option, because every time I turn it off and then turn it on the next morning, the BIOS settings are being reset, then the secure boot is enabled once again (I believe it is intentional, because the CMOS battery only keeps the clock & date). Moreover, I want to use it as a headless computer, so no keyboard will be attached. Is this fixable or Armbian isn't compatible with secure boot? Thanks in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.8k views
  13. Hi, I'm running Armbian UEFI x86 on a Radxa Rock X4 and I'm struggling to find, where to put the kernel parameters. The armbian-config SY003 suggests /boot/armbianEnv.txt. So I've put a line with extraargs=, but it is ignored. Then I've tried /etc/default/grub adding the parameters to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= and then doing update-grub, but it is also ignored. Where should I put the kernel parameters?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.4k views
  14. I've got an NVME SSD formated to 4Kn block size which means `dd`ing the .img file to the drive isn't going to work. Is there a recommended way to install Armbian in this situation?

  15. Hello @Igor I have installed Armbian 24.2.4 Jammy Kde-neon Kernel: 6.6.21, Size: 1.9GB, Release date: Mar 12, 2024 on a mini pc J4125 Celeron based. What I noticed that is during initial boot, when finds the timezone and asks to accept or select a diff one, i tried 2 times. I selected accept and then took minuted to complete and enter the desktop First time I killed it and second clean i waited.:-) I checked in armbian-config the locales and noticed that ALL options were checked. Which makes sense why I waited so long If this a know bug or needs to be fixed? Just wanted to bring to your attention. Rest …

  16. I have tried all known possible combos to hide the grub menu on boot but no luck I tested on the /etc/default/grub and /etc/default/grub.d/98-armbian.cfg Is there another config file Im missing that ignores above, especially later? Tried also with custom override config at boot. Any advise is welcome

  17. I have a 32-bit Celeron notebook with 1Gb RAM. It boots only from DVD. Will it work with Armbian? Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 7.2k views
  18. Hi community, Context I build my own custom Arabian image on arm 32bit (prod), and experimenting running the following armbian image configuration on Qemu with console/serial only support for uefi-x86 and uefi-arm64 boards to speed up development/test. Problem I stumble upon something odd: both "uefi-*" boards are configured to only run GRUB in gfxterm mode ONLY. BOARD: uefi-86 -> BOARDFAMILY="uefi-x86". -> UEFI_GRUB_TERMINAL="gfxterm" [0] BOARD: uefi-arm64 -> BOARDFAMILY="uefi-arm64". -> UEFI_GRUB_TERMINAL="gfxterm" [1] [0] https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/2afd8fe9bb…

  19. Hello, Is anybody able to install and install Armbian bookworm on Proxmox (OVMF uefi, Q35)? I tried multiple times but proxmox doesn't recognize the UEFI partition and I can only boot from the USB... Debian boots fine tho.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 4.5k views
  20. Started by primoitt,

    Hello, I wanna test Armbian x86 on virtual machine. Is possible to convert its img file to some format (vdi or vmdk) and boot on Virtualbox? I made a attempt but it wont boot.. VBoxManage.exe convertfromraw --format VDI armbian.img ambian.vdi Thx a lot

  21. Hi there, not sure where to post this, intended for @rpardini I have an x13s running here with dual boot to win11 and ubuntu 23.04 lunar, the armbian work was a great help to get it to work. Not quite finished setting it up tbqh. However, if you're on a fast boot device like the local NVMe drive, the remoteproc firmwares qcadsp8280.mbn and qccdsp8280.mbn fail to load and won't get retried later, the GPU firmwares a660_sqe.fw and a660_gmu.bin may fail but get loaded later. That is a little unfortunate, since PMIC GLINK (among other things) is running on one of these. My Windows Dev Kit 2023 (same SoC) doesn't balk this way, both boot the same Ubuntu…

  22. I was curious if anyone has experience with using Armbian on older x86 server hardware systems. This would be for a home-lab sort of setup. In the past, I fought with Ubuntu Server and found that I missed the Armbian-Config utility that made setup a breeze. (Specifically looking at WIWYNN LYRA-M SV315, INTEL XEON E5-2670 V2 SR1A7 2.5GHZ 10-C0RE) I am planning to run a MariaDB instance for a scientific database. My past test use was using Armbian on an 8 GB Raspberry pi 4B, with MariaDB, and it worked very well, until the SD card failed. Any thoughts or points of caution before attempting this would be appreciated. I have generally had a very p…

  23. Started by m][sko,

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/windows-dev-kit-2023/94k0p67w7581 UEFI can be way how to boot it maybe

  24. The bios boot menu will not boot at all from that USB stick, unlike from ironrobin aarch64 or ubuntu concept x13s, which do boot (and install).

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  25. hello i am new user of armbian and i really like it. so i am experimenting with it a little. yesterday i successfully installed armbian on one of my old laptops in the lab (Armbian Bullseye with XFCE desktop with kernel 5.15.y released on feb 27, 2023), so currently it boots from internal hard drive. today i wanted to try another image, so i wanted to do the same thing: 1. boot from USB key 2. download the new image on USB key 3. run xzcat armbian.img.xz | dd of=/dev/sda status=progress 4. reboot laptop (to new system) but the step 1 failed - instead of booting the system from USB key (yes - i selected the USB key on lap…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5k views
  26. Started by Macchese,

    Is it possible to install the x86 version in the RockPIX emmc? The nand-sata-install command doesn't solve it. Thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.3k views
  27. Started by Mister-XY,

    Hello, when I try to update the kernel via armbian-config (System -> Other ), I always get the message "Test installed failed. Can't change firmware". I use the Image "Armbian_22.08.5_Uefi-x86_bullseye_current_5.15.73" The /tmp/switch_kernel.log says the following linux-image-current-x86=22.08.6 linux-dtb-current-x86=22.08.6

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.4k views
  28. Hi All , I try to install Armbian_22.08.7_Uefi-x86_bullseye_current_5.15.69_gnome_desktop.img.xz and using rufus to create bootable flashdisk to install on mini pc z83 but found the result as error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0' , is anyone here know what is the problem and what should I do? Thx in advance

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.