BIGTREETECH CB1
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
22 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone, I downloaded a 6.12.68 image for my Bigtreetech Pi, compatible with CB1-sd. After apt update and apt upgrade, onboard ethernet disappears. During update got these messages: - Err: 16 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-backports/main arm64 Packages.diff/Index Could't find the start of the patch series - Notice: Repository 'http... InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '13.3' to '13.5' Launching a new apt update, error and notice disappear. After upgrade and reboot there is no more ethernet device, just wifi. Investigating a little I found the kernel module sunxi_gmac.ko that was present in folde…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After installing the latest update, my 3D printer warns about outdated instructions in the MCU and asks to recompile and flash it. What should I do?
-
As other people have noted, there are issues trying to connect the CB1 to wifi after the first boot. I believe I've narrowed down the cause, but I'm not sure about the right way to fix it permanently. The issue I was experiencing is as follows: 1. Flash latest armbian minimal to sd card 2. Plug into CB1 and turn it on 3. Go through first boot setup and connect to wifi normally 4. Reboot CB1 5. CB1 no longer connects to wifi, wpa_cli says 'CTRL_EVENT_SCAN_FAILED' A temporary solution I found is to mask systemd-networkd, then manually unmask systemd-networkd and start it after booting. This suggests that the problem is that systemd-net…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 16k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I built an Ubuntu current image, as of commit f15f594d0bd4ad1e5d0fa412f1d25120e76e4f9a (Armbian-unofficial_26.05.0-trunk_Bigtreetech-cb1_noble_current_6.18.20.img) and started my newly arrived Pad 7 from it. Things that work out of the box: display, touchscreen, wifi, USB. Not working: LAN is not visible at all (only two wlan interfaces). Also, no audio device. According to schematics, audio is taken from HDMI output, so it should be supported by standard HDMI drivers. Where do I enable it in kernel config? https://github.com/bigtreetech/Pad7/tree/master/Hardware your hints will be appreciated. smar…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. BTT says what BTT Pi and CB1 is same, but realy not. Dunno why i brought what board. But now I owner of this "piece of ****" So. New board, clean install v25.11.2 for BigTreeTech CB1 running Armbian Linux 6.12.58-current-sunxi64 Packages: Debian stable (trixie) armbianEnv: overlays=gpu tft35_spi extraargs=fbcon=rotate:2 fbcon=rotate:2 for screen rotation, because armbian not from btt and didn`t have feature like param_tft35_spi_rotate Next, help me to determine how to enable UARTs and I2C From BIGTREETECH_Pi_V1.2.1 Hardware Pdf UART0: CPUX-UTX CPUX-RX UART2 (May work as i2c0; uart2-pi-pins;…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As highlighted by an issue on BTT's GitHub, why are two wireless interfaces present (wlan0 and wlan1)? What should we use ? armbian-config presents them both.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I’m trying to get KlipperScreen running directly on the framebuffer on a BigTreeTech CB1 that’s using an Allwinner H616B chip. It’s running Armbian Bookworm (kernel 6.6.66-vendor-sunxi64, Dec 2024 build) on a Manta M8P V2.0 board with a TFT35-SPI display that shows up as fb_st7796s. The goal is to have KlipperScreen render directly to /dev/fb0 without needing a desktop or HDMI. The framebuffer itself seems fine as the screen shows the BigTreeTech logo on boot, and I can write to it manually, so the driver appears to be working correctly. KlipperScreen installs fine, the Python environment and dependencies are all in place, but when I launch it, I always ge…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
-
-
A while back I tried the more recent kernels (non-legacy) and noticed these issues. Back then I didn't have the possibility to investigate further and I just ended up forcing the kernel back to old legacy kernel. This time around I have the time to actually troubleshoot more, so here we go. When I last updated everything, the kernel got updated from 6.1.104-legacy-sunxi64 to 6.6.75-legacy-sunxi64, the immediate thing I noticed was that the WLAN did get detected. There is a thread about missing wifi with a linked PR, but either that fix hasn't landed in the 6.6.x kernel or something else is wrong. The other issue is that the 6.6.x kernel seems to be…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
On the latest image (25.2.2) of both Server - Noble and Desktop - XFCE - Bookworm, the wireless interfaces show up as expected and connect to wifi. After the first apt upgrade and reboot, the system no longer detects the wireless interface at all. For my armbianmonitor output, there is a mediatek wireless interface plugged into USB, but there is no mention of the rtl8189 in any of the boot or hardware logs. Did something change in the overlay or other pre-kernel bootloader configs which disable the device? I would think if it were merely kernel / driver related, the hardware would still show up, but be unusable until a driver was configured.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Fresh install on the latest image (Armbian_25.2.2_Bigtreetech-cb1_bookworm_current_6.6.75_minimal.img.xz). First thing I wanted to do was an armbian-upgrade, but: Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease Hit:3 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports InRelease Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Hit:6 https://netcup-02.armbian.com/beta bookworm InRelease Reading package lists... Done W: Target Packages (main/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Was using the old MainsailOS Image until recently switching to armbian IOT bookworm and currently bleeding edge for the ghost touch fix. Today i noticed BTT now also released their armbian and armbian+klipper builds recently https://github.com/bigtreetech/CB1/releases So which on is it? Can find any much action on the official linked on https://github.com/JohnTheCoolingFan/armbian-build/commits/btt-cb1/
-
Hello, The latest build Armbian_24.5.1_Bigtreetech-cb1_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal.img.xz does not seem to boot on BTT Pi v1.2 (blank screen, no signs of anything happening, no ethernet) I checked archival version Armbian_24.2.3_Bigtreetech-cb1_bookworm_legacy_6.1.79_minimal.img.xz and it works just fine. Any ideas?
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. The BigTreeTech TFT35 SPI works well but has ghost touches. So it's unusable for control tasks like on a 3D printer. It gives random commands to the printer from time to time, which can be dangerous. There is a patch from BigTreeTech since 24-1-2024 https://github.com/bigtreetech/CB1-Kernel/commit/ab7b1fa6ddd7f15ecdc590d32a812589fa38d973 I cannot find it on https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/kernel/archive/sunxi-6.6/patches.armbian/add-bigtreetech-cb1-dts.patch and I can confirm that I have this problem with Armbian 24.8.1 Bookworm. But not with BigTreeTech 2.3.4 image. Could someone add these patches to the armbi…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
-
-
Following up from another thread: I compiled an edge kernel (6.11.2-edge-sunxi64) for my Sovol SV08, in part because I'd like ftrace support (for perf sched). It comes up, except there is no /class/thermal/thermal_zone0/ (which Klipper demands to work, perhaps sensibly enough). dmesg says: [ 23.775976] platform 5070400.thermal-sensor: deferred probe pending: platform: wait for supplier It's a bit strange, since my understanding is that the full error message should be “wait for supplier XYZ”, i.e., some specific supplier. This was built with ./compile.sh kernel BOARD=bigtreetech-cb1 BRANCH=edge KERNEL_GIT=shallow and then a hack to us…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 9.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have a Sovol SV08 printer, which is based on BTT CB1 (to the point of basing its software on the CB1 image). I've upgraded it to bookworm, and then installed the latest current Armbian kernel (I eventually would want to go entirely upstream Linux, but I believe that this isn't feasible yet); linux-image-current-sunxi64 24.8.4 (6.6.44-current-sunxi64). Everything largely works and I can print etc.; however, the wired Ethernet refuses to come up. It just repeats this over and over again: [15101.594239] sunxi-gmac 5030000.ethernet end0: No PHY found! [15101.602516] sunxi-gmac 5030000.ethernet end0: phy init failed [15103.394666] sunxi-gmac 50300…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. Because of bad CB1 eMMC board manual, and very incompetent and formal tech support (they approve that their boards can only be used for 3D printers🤦🤣) I don't understand, what pins (GPIOs) of CB1 eMMC board are used for I2C and SPI interfaces. And what pins will correspond to I2C and SPI interfaces in armbian-config -> System -> Hardware? I tried to test the board with the Pi4b_Adapter, but as I understood from pinout in the manual for the adapter (the pins for I2C 3 and 5) don't work with CB1 (NC - not connected), it works only with CM4. Does anyone know what other I2C pins are exposed on the adapter board? I plan to use the CB1 board as a platform for …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, i have some trouble with my CB1 and perhaps any of you know a solution :). I want to use the "Spoolman", a Database to watch my Filaments for 3d Printers. All my pi´s are currently in use, so i took a BTT CB1 i never touched since i got them with one of my voron Printers xD. I installed Armbian Server os i downloaded from this page, installed it and can connect with putty. I installed Spoolman and tried to connect to the PI with my Browser, but i cant reached the "Website". So i can ping from the PI into every other client into my LAN. I can ping my PI from every Client in my LAN. …
-
Hello, I've been having some issues with the official CB1 image on github provided by BTT. Namely, I'm having CAN issues with bytes_invalid increasing during printing operation which is exacerbated once I add more than 1 CAN device. One of the recommendations was to try a newer kernel so I'm trying to migrate to Armbian. I have called out the appropriate overlays (MCP2515)and verified that they are loaded in the armbianEnv.txt file. However, I am not able to load up a Can network. I have created a file in /etc/systemd/network/80-can.network containing the below info. [Match] Name=can* [CAN] BitRate=1000000 I also ran dtc …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, perhaps it's a noob question, but I am a noob, sorry 🙂 I had my BTT CB1 on Armbian 24.2.3 Bookworm CLI, with a BTT HDMI 5 display attached. Display was working fine. Flashed Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm Minimal (no CLI available on the downloads page) and the display shows absolutely nothing. Flashed Armbian 24.2.3 back, and it works again. What am I missing? armbianmonitor -u file: https://paste.armbian.com/esoboqemot
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello. I am taking the task of organizing and performing the BTT Pi and CB1 support update. The plan is to use mainline kernel 6.6 and 6.8 (basically the default sunxi64 config) instead of the BTT fork and use patches to backport kernel patches for drivers and hardware support. The Jira issue is AR-2312, which is a collection of things that will need to be done for this initiative. @Gunjan Gupta @c0rnelius @ag123 @jernej @ALIGMSTEN I'm asking for your help on this, as Igor has said to me that you are more knowledgeable on the state of the board and what it needs. From what I've found, there has been a PR that upgraded the kernel used for BTT CB1 to 6.1.79 using patch…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Recent images don't boot on BigtreeTech PI V1.2 boards. These are the last log lines I get over the serial: Starting kernel ... Loading, please wait... Starting systemd-udevd version 255.3-1 Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... done. Begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. <...repeated many times...> Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. done. Gave up waiting for root fi…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 13k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I couldn't find a topic with this device, although support is announced, so I'm posting here. To moderators: please create an appropriate section. How to unlock UART1 and UART2 on this device?