Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NanoPi R4S

  1. Started by Werner,

    https://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_R4S I am really excited about this board. https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/11/12/nanopi-r4s-headless-rk3399-sbc-features-up-to-4gb-ram-dual-gigabit-ethernet-usb-3-0-ports/ The first comments below this blogpost are also not so bad besides the fact that USB-C is power-in only.

  2. Hi, all. After I upgraded the system and rebooted, the secondary ethernet port(i.e. the LAN port) is gone. The system info: https://paste.armbian.com/ekotoqigos nanopi-r4s:~:% ip a 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 ::1/128 scope host valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether 68:27:19:ad:02:09 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff in…

    • Reputation Points

    • 18 replies
    • 8.1k views
  3. Started by sami,

    hello guys, i ve been lately working with nanopi-r5s which comes with a default openwrt os installed on EMMC. but i prefer working on the armbian images. that is why i installed debian 12 bookworm from https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r5s/ anyway, r5s refuses to boot from sd card for no matter what. until i corrupted the emmc by mistake(i started flashing a default image to emmc but then took the power off before it is done). so now it boots from sd card. but now when m trying to install the image from sd card to emmc through armbian-install. it only shows option 5 and 6. as if it can not detect the emmc. so what m trying to figure o…

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 15.1k views
  4. Hello all, First of all, thanks for the Armbian project, love it so far, but had a slight problem with a kernel upgrade. To be honest, I forgot how I installed Armbian since it was a while ago, but I've been using this for a year or so. I saw that unattended-upgrades installed a new kernel and I should reboot for this change. I was a bit apprehensive, but went ahead and rebooted. The NanoPI R4S didn't come back up. I attached a serial console to debug. The console showed that the initramfs was read successfully from the SD card, but then tried to mount to root filesystem by UUID and failed (it kept saying it tried to run /boot/local-block and event…

  5. Hello, After NanoPi R4S reboot, ethernet interface `enp1s0` disappeared. I tried soft reboot for several times but failed. If I shutdown the board and power plug out/in again, then `enp1s0` appears. I tested it several times and 100% same results. Any idea please? wg* is for vpn. please ignore them.

  6. Hello everyone, I have a problem with my NanoPi R4S. The WAN (eth0) port does not work well when it is configured to work on 1Gbps/Full. When this setting is active there is about 15% packet loss, which is quite annoying. In my tests I have already been able to identify that if I configure the port to work at 100Mbps/Full everything works normally. So I found the forum-post below, that explain that some u-Boot version wasn't setting the correct clock configuration for the netwok device at boot time, but now I have installed the linux-u-boot-nanopi-r4s-edge 22.08.6 and linux-image-edge-rockchip64 22.08.8 but the problem still there. I…

  7. I'd like some help please. The ethernet device naming seems inconsistent. Sometimes one interface comes up as eth0 and sometimes as eth1, and sometimes not at all. The enp1s0 interface seems to reliably come up, but not with the right config (sometimes it uses the config for enp1s0 and sometimes for eth0). I am trying to assign status IP addresses (on different networks) to each interface, but because of the unreliable bringup of the network interfaces, I can't get a config that starts up correctly and consistency on reboots or cold boots. As a test I ran the friendly-core-lite-focal from FriendlyCore and it does not have this i…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.1k views
  8. Hello Armbian community, I am writing this topic because, despite the drivers for the processor's integrated GPU are installed within the operating system, they do not seem to work properly. Precisely the system seems to work but as soon as I try to play a video it is played by the CPU and not by the GPU with lag and the CPU is at 100%. I leave the link and the attachment of the result of the armbianmonitor -U command that I posted here: https://paste.debian.net/1337993/ it is a compressed tar.gz file since I included all the results of the command Analysis.txt

  9. hello guys, i recently observed a weird behavior with my nanopi R4s(jammy os). when the power goes OFF then ON in like 5 seconds duration then the nanopi does not boot up at all! i need to remove the adapter for like 15 seconds so it would be able to boot again! is this normal?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.2k views
  10. I installed Armbian on my R4SE downloaded from https://redirect.armbian.com/nanopi-r4s/Bookworm_current_minimal Everything seems to work just fine, but I am missing my second network interface. Only the WAN interface is shown. Is there a software fix I can apply, or should it be fixed in the OS image? armbianmonitor -u output: https://paste.armbian.com/gipilapuve

  11. Dear members, I was looking for a Noble Gnome-based image for NanoPi R4S, and only found one that is trunk-based, and had BIG RED letters stamped on it: DO NOT USE FOR PRODUCTION. Is there anything coming in that regard? Will we have a proper Noble Gnome-based release for NanoPi R4S? Thanks!

  12. Started by paagutie,

    Hello everyone, due to a project I'm working with the Friendly Elec Nanopi R4S board for which I've to use the i2c bus to read data from a sensor. Unfortunately I've not been able to access it, since the system does not recognize it. I tried with different configurations using the /boot/armbianEnv.txt file with no results, however the i2c ports are enabled. To rule out functionality problems in the sensor, I connected it to other boards (e.g. nanopi Neo3 using Armbian) without problems. Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this problem? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.4k views
  13. After upgrading armbian to 26.2.1 with kernel 6.18.10 performances on WAN interface dropped to 20Mbps for a single TCP connection. The interface is end0, renamed from eth1, driver from ethtool -i is "st_gmac". I used armbian-config to rollback to kernel 6.12.58 and performances are ok now. Will it be fixed in the future kernels ?

  14. Started by UBS1,

    Hello Kind Forum Experts, I ask for you help with following issue: Device: Nanopi-r4s 4GB Background: I'm happy with my device running from SD - but wanted to preemptively upgrade to eMMC based setup for improved reliability. I bought "original" FriendlyELEC SD-to-eMMC adapter + 64GB eMMC module. with normal microSD it boots great, with the sd-to-eMMC - nothing multiple attempts, tried both cloning my old SD & writing fresh image but both didn't help. eMMC type is 1.8V\3.3V HS400 speed, i think i need to address that in the .dtb file ? any help would be much appreciated Uri

  15. I see there's an overlay for the R4S called rk3399-dwc3-0-host, but it already seems to be in host mode by default. I can't figure out how to set it to peripheral mode so I can have some usb-gadget love. Anyone figured out a fix?

  16. Started by Meestor_X,

    If you'd like to get the LEDs working with armbian, you can run these commands (or one of the other ones if you want different indications): run modprobe ledtrig-netdev to check if it's loading the driver properly. If not, add the file /etc/modules-load.d/ledtrig.conf add just this line: ledtrig-netdev Then, create /etc/tmpfiles.d/leds.conf and add this: w /sys/class/leds/green:lan/trigger - - - - netdev w /sys/class/leds/green:lan/device_name - - - - eth0 w /sys/class/leds/green:lan/link - - - - 1 w /sys/class/leds/green:lan/tx - - - - 1 w /sys/class/leds/green:lan/rx - - - - 1 w /sys/class/leds/green:wan/trigger - - - - netd…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Hey there, I now have my Nanopi R4S for quite a while but never got it to run stable over a longer period of time. Now I finally connected another board to its debug serial in the hopes to catch something that causes the board to freeze. Well this is what I have collected: https://p.na4.eu/?bc818aefadc9b5b2#DAunYKXghkaqcLhh8SLWMKTWABewpwPJRnHMHDemR98Y The log is complete, there is nothing missing between 08:51 and 19:14. This is how I collected it. Basically during the state of throwing errors the board becomes unresponsitive and continously heats up. Active cooling was in place so no danger of overheating. https:/…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.