Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NicoD

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NicoD

  1. Bionic, Focal, jammy Noble are all Ubuntu. Buster, Bullseye, bookworm, sid are all Debian versions. You use what you prefer or what fits your tasks best. I use Armbian Jammy on my Rock5B since I use it as main desktop and that's the image that works best for that. On my travel NanoPi R6S I use Armbian Noble because it has a better KDEnlive version to edit and render video's on my cycling trips. On my NAS ZimaBoard I use Noble because it fixes an issue with mounted drives, but could just as well use a debian version. For your tasks I would probably use Armbian Bookworm and install the apps. You probably could use CasaOS on Jammy for these tasks. It is a webinterface that allows you to install and setup docker apps. To install casaOS on Jammy : wget -qO- https://get.casaos.io | sudo bash So both downloadable images are community releases and not official armbian supported images. There is bookworm Debian 12 minimal which has only the essential things to boot a system and set it up. The other is Jammy Ubuntu 22.04 with the Gnome desktop. I would advice to build your own images with the distro version you want.
  2. For others. You need GPU drivers for many recent emulators. So either wait for mainline support with panthor or use Armbian Jammy with AmazingFate his GPU and multimedia ppa's for RK3588. You can install tons of emulators with armbian-gaming. PPSSPP, Retropie, aethersx2, android emulation, box86/64 with wine for windows games... https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gaming It is written for Jammy and should also work on Debian Sid. But with other distro versions not everything might work and I can't give support for it. Now waiting on Ubuntu 24.04 to see if the GPU problems will be fixed with official releas. Else I'll focus on Debian releases instead.
  3. I've not tried on those but I'm sure Armbian runs on it. I run Armbian on lower spec Intel SoC's and it runs well. Armbian is perfect for headless work. Everything is configured for it. For me the advantage is to have the same OS on all my devices. If anyone wants 32-bit OS then go for Debian. They still support 32-bit.
  4. That is a mainline (edge) image. Support for that isn't there yet. Use Vendor kernel if you want support. Mainline is a work in progress.
  5. Hi all. I've done a lot of tests with different desktop environments on Armbian. I wanted an as light as possible desktop environment so I'd have enough ram left to do video rendering with the NanoPi M4(2GB) I had to try a lot of things to get things working fine. So I wanted to save others that hassle. Setting up Display Manager First we need a Display Manager. NODM is installed by default. I tried lightdm but couldn't get it to work. So I went for LXDM. With NODM installed I had problems, so I also removed NODM. To be sure lxdm is configured right, I also manually configure it. sudo apt install lxdm sudo apt remove nodm sudo dpkg-reconfigure lxdm Install LXDE Desktop Next step is to install the desktop environment you want. There is a problem with some Desktop Environments and LXDM what makes you can't login to some DE's out of the box. That we will resolve later. Easiest is to install lxdm first to be able to configure the others well. And reboot. sudo apt install lxde sudo reboot Once booted you should be greeted by the Login screen. Here you can choose your different Desktop Environment. Choose LXDE and login. If you'd try xfce4, then you'd see it doesn't work. To fix this we need to change the file /usr/share/xsessions/xfce.desktop. Use your favorite text editor. I use geany. sudo geany /usr/share/xsessions/xfce.desktop Somewhere at the top of the file you'll see "Name=Xfce Session". Replace that space with a hyphen to "Name=Xfce-Session" and save the file. Now you can also login to the default XFCE4 Desktop. With other desktops this can be the same. Go the the same directory and open the file with the desktop name that doesn't work. Again replace the space with a hyphen Installing different Desktop Environments. For the Mate desktop I also needed to install the applets, else I got errors at login because of these missing applets sudo apt install mate-desktop-environment mate-applets For KDE-Plasma sudo apt install kde-full For Gnome. Modify the file sudo geany /usr/share/xsessions/gnome... sudo apt install gnome-session sudo update-alternatives --config gdm3.css I also tried LXQT. But this one didn't work. You can try others too. Remove Desktop Environment To remove a desktop environment you don't want anymore you do the remove instead of install. sudo apt remove kde-full sudo apt remove mate-desktop-environment . . . Please let me know if there's mistakes made, or if you've got advice. Source for changing the name to make them work @IgorS : Greetings, NicoD

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.