Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RK3399 Orange Pi

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

Interesting !

 

Really? It follows RK3399 reference design pretty closely but adds an ASM1061 or maybe ASM1062 to attach a SATA disk. Regarding pricing and software support some information can already be found here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/25/firefly-rk3399-development-board-will-fly-with-rockchip-rk3399-hexa-core-processor/#comment-536776  (even same Ampak for non-crappy Wi-FI used here but what's the use case for an ARM board that costs as much as a real Mini PC?)

10 hours ago, tkaiser said:

what's the use case for an ARM board that costs as much as a real Mini PC?

A good question. There are tons of setop-box builders and I am sure other industries that could make use of "cheaper" development boards.

It ships with tons of connectors..

 

2 hours ago, Tido said:

It ships with tons of connectors..

 

 

13 hours ago, tkaiser said:

 

Really? It follows RK3399 reference design pretty closely but adds an ASM1061 or maybe ASM1062 to attach a SATA disk. Regarding pricing and software support some information can already be found here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/25/firefly-rk3399-development-board-will-fly-with-rockchip-rk3399-hexa-core-processor/#comment-536776  (even same Ampak for non-crappy Wi-FI used here but what's the use case for an ARM board that costs as much as a real Mini PC?)

 

Power efficiency, software made specially for arm platform ?

Hi. I am currently reviewing the Firefly RK3399 Plus Board, but its more expensiv. Based on the above photo,

the Orange Pi board will also have 4GB RAM.

 

board.jpg

On 25 Серпень 2017 р. at 7:03 PM, Larry Bank said:

It's been 3 months - any update on the rk3399 board?

I was told it will be "soon". at least we know it hasn't been abandoned.

I'd love to build a database/search cluster from stacks of Cortex A72 boards.  8GB RAM?  Just wishing...

 

8 hours ago, richardk said:

I'd love to build a database/search cluster from stacks of Cortex A72 boards.  8GB RAM?  Just wishing...

 

If you want to experiment (or depending on your needs, move into production), packet rent Cavium ThunderX hosts for 50c/hr

 

https://www.packet.net/bare-metal/servers/type-2a/

 

That gives you 96 cores at 2GHz with 128 GB of ram. It makes me feel both happy and slightly dizzy just thinking about it. :)

 

I intend to buy some time at some point and see how the individual cores stack up against things we can get our hands on. Which brings us back to the rk3399. Sure hope Orange are making progress with their board.

Can anyone running a recent kernel please provide /proc/cpuinfo contents or even better output from 'sudo armbianmonitor -u' when running an image based on Armbian? I'm interested in differentiation strategies for the two CPU clusters.

 

 

Edited by tkaiser
Asked in wrong thread

On 28.8.2017 at 1:54 PM, valant said:

 

hmmm, PC2 with 2gb of ram and this SoC for less than 35$ ?

 

 

It's probably not going to be that price  soon, now the R3399 chip is about 20 USD

On 13 Вересень 2017 р. at 7:59 AM, Lion Wang said:

 

It's probably not going to be that price  soon, now the R3399 chip is about 20 USD

it's a funny feature bug I encounter not the first time on forums, when the quote is marked as coming from a user which actually isn't a poster of it.

I didn't state that. I'd be glad if they fitted into ~100$ for it. Because what is already released, costs ~250$ (firefly, videostrong), hardly they would be selling it to their loss.

20 hours ago, valant said:

I'd be glad if they fitted into ~100$ for it.

Me too. I'm itching for this board to come out. I keep looking at the firefly but it's going to cost me $$$ by the time I factor in the exchange rate, shipping and the hideous border duties. My guess is $100 would be at the low end of the possible price range for Orange, but the closer they can get to that the happier I will be.

 

The tv boxes look like great value, but I've had bad experiences with every tv box I've tried so far, so I want to see someone else get Linux up and running on one first :) 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.