October 15, 2025Oct 15 Hello, I have installed NextcloudPi on my Raspberry PI5. Current OS is installed currently: Now, I would like to make an upgrade and get the following issue. What can I do? I am very grateful for any help.
October 15, 2025Oct 15 Try an apt full-upgrade. The libraspberrypi packages have been deprecated recently (e.g. June/July) and recent RPI packages shouldn't depend on them, including raspi-firmware. Edited October 15, 2025Oct 15 by mitu
October 16, 2025Oct 16 Author Thank you very much for the tip. I have heard that one should avoid updating the firmware if possible. Of course, I don't want my entire system to stop working afterwards. Can that happen? Should I make a complete backup before?
October 16, 2025Oct 16 Where did you hear that ? Note that the 'firmware' package is not updating the EEPROM that's present on a Pi4/Pi5 and I had no booting issues updating the raspi-firmware package on RaspiOS.\ Of course you could make a backup if you want to feel safer, but I have no reason to believe there's anything that's going to cause issues if you're going to upgrade the raspi-firmware package.
October 16, 2025Oct 16 @sunshine sorry it didn't work, I though the upgrade for `raspi-firmware` would force the uninstallation of the (outdated) libs, but this doesn't seem to be the case.
October 16, 2025Oct 16 The following is documented: Zitat Troubleshooting On Debian bookworm variant you might bump into broken packages dependency, conflicts between firmware and bsp package. Here is how you can solve it: apt update dpkg --remove --force-all libraspberrypi0 armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current apt --fix-broken install apt install armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current But nobody seems to read the docs.😪 Raspberry Pi
October 16, 2025Oct 16 Author Very good, thank you very much. Stupid question – I have a Raspberry pi5 and the manual mentions rpi4b. Will that work?
October 17, 2025Oct 17 Author That sounds good 😃, but is it very risky without a full backup? Or can I save same special files/directories in case of a system crash? I have waste a lot of time with the raspberry because of many problem. Therefore, I'm a little bit fearful. Edited October 17, 2025Oct 17 by sunshine
October 18, 2025Oct 18 Author So, I have now tried to solve the problem using the instructions. But unfortunately, it didn't work and I am getting an error message again. I ask for further assistance.
October 18, 2025Oct 18 You seem to have the older obsolete special RPI5 build, that doe not exist anymore, it is just 1 RPI build called 'rpi4b' So remove armbian-bsp-cli-rpi5b-current as well apt update dpkg --remove --force-all libraspberrypi0 armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current armbian-bsp-cli-rpi5b-current apt --fix-broken install apt install armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.