Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problems with apt upgrade

Featured Replies

Hello, I have installed NextcloudPi on my Raspberry PI5. Current OS is installed currently:

 

image.png.bb196e12f16d7bcb7d6b1661cc8db0be.png

 

Now, I would like to make an upgrade and get the following issue.

 

image.thumb.png.6507ea794c703354f96d9c8a3452db22.png

 

What can I do?  I am very grateful for any help.

 

Try an apt full-upgrade. The libraspberrypi packages have been deprecated recently (e.g. June/July) and recent RPI packages shouldn't depend on them, including raspi-firmware. 

Edited by mitu

  • Author

Thank you very much for the tip. I have heard that one should avoid updating the firmware if possible. Of course, I don't want my entire system to stop working afterwards. Can that happen? Should I make a complete backup before?

Where did you hear that ? Note that the 'firmware' package is not updating the EEPROM that's present on a Pi4/Pi5 and I had no booting issues updating the raspi-firmware package on RaspiOS.\

Of course you could make a backup if you want to feel safer, but I have no reason to believe there's anything that's going to cause issues if you're going to upgrade the raspi-firmware package.

The following is documented:

Zitat

 

Troubleshooting

On Debian bookworm variant you might bump into broken packages dependency, conflicts between firmware and bsp package. Here is how you can solve it:

 

apt update

dpkg --remove --force-all libraspberrypi0 armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current

apt --fix-broken install

apt install armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current

 

 

 

 

But nobody seems to read the docs.😪

Raspberry Pi

  • Author

Very good, thank you very much. Stupid question – I have a Raspberry pi5 and the manual mentions rpi4b. Will that work?

  • Author

That sounds good 😃, but is it very risky without a full backup? 

 

Or can I save same special files/directories in case of a system crash? I have waste a lot of time with the raspberry because of many problem. Therefore, I'm a little bit fearful. 

Edited by sunshine

  • Author

So, I have now tried to solve the problem using the instructions. But unfortunately, it didn't work and I am getting an error message again. I ask for further assistance.

 

image.thumb.png.2864332611774077fefbd9cafd604bd2.png

You seem to have the older obsolete special RPI5 build, that doe not exist anymore, it is just 1 RPI build called 'rpi4b'

 

So remove armbian-bsp-cli-rpi5b-current as well

apt update dpkg --remove --force-all libraspberrypi0 armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current armbian-bsp-cli-rpi5b-current
apt --fix-broken install
apt install armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current


 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.